💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Drag Race Philippines! S1

weed

Featured Posts

badfaith

I hope Lady Morgana stays longer, she may not have the best looks out of all the cast, but her scenes are always the funniest for me. Doesn't help that she's from my city too.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Levine
10 hours ago, Shipper said:

I think Jiggly gave that advice to her from her heart. The judges have been in Turing's favor since episode one. IMO, Turing should have been in the bottom for her cardboard Terno look in ep 1, but one of the judges was like, no, not her and gave her a pass. I mean, that cardboard sleeves look was awful. 

Jiggly was crying when Turing was eliminated and I truly believe she was feeling how hard it was for Turing and wanted to give her solid criticism for her to grow. If Turing overcomes her fashion mishaps, she is a very very strong contender to win in future seasons. 

I think you can express you criticism with manners, they've been laughing at her since episode 1, expecially the host. Before I wrote that comment, I didn't read on the internet and pretty much a lot of people were feeling the same. It's not like that validate my point even more, but just to say I was not biased with that comment because others felt the same. Always talking about her body, it's like her "body positivity" bothered tham. Jiggly even asked "you talk about body positivity, do you think that dress makes you look sexy?" and that has NOTHING to do with BP.

I repeat: if an american queen on drag race US would have been treated like Turing was treated by rupaul, people would have dragged him  to the pits of hell.

Shipper
10 hours ago, Levine said:

I think you can express you criticism with manners, they've been laughing at her since episode 1, expecially the host. Before I wrote that comment, I didn't read on the internet and pretty much a lot of people were feeling the same. It's not like that validate my point even more, but just to say I was not biased with that comment because others felt the same. Always talking about her body, it's like her "body positivity" bothered tham. Jiggly even asked "you talk about body positivity, do you think that dress makes you look sexy?" and that has NOTHING to do with BP.

I repeat: if an american queen on drag race US would have been treated like Turing was treated by rupaul, people would have dragged him  to the pits of hell.

The cultual differences are very apparent in this show. I agree. Filipinos dont sugar coat criticisms and can be seen as crass, straightforward, and very frank in general. But I think that's just how they are with each other as a whole. 

Also, the country is behind in the body positivity movement, heck probably the whole of Asia is, and shouldnt be compared to how Americans are. They are trying but they are in the early stages of it which may look very forced and fake. They see Turing as the first plus size queen in the Philippines and in their effort to praise her, it became too grating for others who just want her to be seen like everyone else. I do get that part.

I also think that Turing benefitted from how the judges treated her differently. She was given a pass during the first episode, and was constantly given extra leeway despite her runways looking messy.

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

aw Morgana, love her. She just oozes old lady energy lmao during the final lip sync whew had me cackling. Wish I could give her a hug, only wish her all the best in the world. Hope she thrives after this and lives as lush of a life as she wants. 

It was a fun episode, I didn't LOVE it but it was great. Pia was an amazing guest, soo beautiful and kind and definitely felt invested. I'm missing Mama Pao's comedy and drama! There was a little but could use more. Congrats to Marina!! def deserved it. I love Eva but could've been in the bottom 3. 

oh wowww her elimination was so sad, I really love ha so much! I hope she inspires to many in the provinces, Lady Morgana is a super talented LEGEND and I'm so happy for her. I appreciate the show so much for giving her this goodbye, a beautiful sendoff. Instead of "Sashay away" she was given a spot to speak, and it was beautiful! Lady Morgana!!! <3 <3 

omg Corazon is 34?!?!?! She was giving me 22 year old lmao

and Lady Morgana is 1 year older than Brigiding.. shook! 

Shipper
6 hours ago, weed said:

omg Corazon is 34?!?!?! She was giving me 22 year old lmao

and Lady Morgana is 1 year older than Brigiding.. shook! 

I'm surprised that Prince and Viñas is 25 years old too. And as much as they are treating Xil as the old woman in the series, she is just 34. 

3 minutes ago, Shipper said:

I'm surprised that Prince and Viñas is 25 years old too. And as much as they are treating Xil as the old woman in the series, she is just 34. 

and while Marina is young, I assumed she would be the youngest ahaha not her Prince and Viñas at 25

18 minutes ago, phantasmas said:

I haven't watched any of the untucked episodes.. are they any good? Am I really missing half the story? :oprah:

There's def been some drama but I'm never on the edge of my seat waiting for Untucked. It's cute, some messages from loved ones. 

*30* full minutes of Snatch Game.. i'm shook. When will US!!!! That's amazing, though it felt long.

My tops for snatch: Marina, Eva, Xil, Viñas

Fave runways: Previous, Eva. disappointed overall

YASSSSSSS mama Pao is back with a POW! "It's a RuVelation... do you even know what RuVelation means?" it was def a disappointing runway

Shipper
On 9/13/2022 at 11:28 AM, phantasmas said:

I haven't watched any of the untucked episodes.. are they any good? Am I really missing half the story? :oprah:

I honestly enjoy the untucked more than half of the hour and a half episodes. lol

It's the gossip I live for!:ladyhaha:

Shipper
On 9/14/2022 at 1:54 PM, weed said:

*30* full minutes of Snatch Game.. i'm shook. When will US!!!! That's amazing, though it felt long.

My tops for snatch: Marina, Eva, Xil, Viñas

Fave runways: Previous, Eva. disappointed overall

YASSSSSSS mama Pao is back with a POW! "It's a RuVelation... do you even know what RuVelation means?" it was def a disappointing runway

I love Xil's impersonation cause it is a running gag for botox queens who cant move their faces. I feel like it was the most universal joke there.

Spoiler

Brigiding won that lipsync for me but I am glad they both stayed. I feel like without Minty or Brigiding, there will be less drama in the next episodes as Eva seems more interested in eating snacks and Marina is more focused on herself and chill.

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda didn't watch some of the episode, just had it in the background, but it was cute. Very interesting storyline with Minty and her sister, I appreciated that not everyone was just cheering and happy, family is complex. I didn't completely believe the covid stuff. Otherwise it was very sweet, loved seeing the connections. 

Top 3 and then bottom 3, as they were on the stage. I think Precious should've been in the bottom.. yes the emotions were there, but like.. the makeover wasn't great.. Brigiding looked great, the makeover was great, they literally preferred the cousin so like... idgi. Xilhouette deserved the win, good for her. Could've been her, Eva, or Marina and I'd be fine.

Agree with the elimination, the lip sync was good for both tho! Beautiful goodbye speech, Learning is the new Winning. She was a good person, loved her evolution throughout the season. Excited for the last 2 episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Finale tonight! My Filipina winner Marina better snatch the crown!!! 

phantasmas

this franchise was amazing! My fave didn’t win but the winner was still so deserving. Looking forward to seeing Xhadow make it onto a future season :gaysia:

Archived