💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Funk/Soul LG7?

theidlerwheel

Featured Posts

theidlerwheel

Sooo a few days ago I decided to rewatch Gaga's 2015 Stevie wonder tribute and it made me think many thots, including that it could be the PERFECT sound for LG7.

Cuz she's already done Jazz, and has a great voice for Jazz, why not venture into a similar genre? Especially cuz I think her voice would be PERFECT for that throwback sort of soul/funk sound.

Anywayssss here is the video to bless ur ears/to convince ppl to agree with me :vegas:

What do we think? :hor:

Full time lurker

Guillaume Hamon

To me she was excellent that night and yeah it would fit her like a glove.

I hope she'll go towards these sounds at some point! :)

Guillaume Hamon

The last line always impressed me. She sounds so masculine and deep then super girly.

emili0

One of my favorite performances from her for sure. The crowd was eating it up because she always is able to tap into the exact energy the genre calls for.

Look What I Found is just the surface of what she can do in that direction :firega:

ThatsGossip111

This is one of my favorite performances from this time period! I’d love her to go in this direction 

monketsharona

I would love her to make an album with legends like Nile Rodgers and Giorgio Moroder 

Mother of Puppies

Omg yes please :pray:

this is actually one of my favorite live performances of her

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

LilyLark

It suits her voice, but I could absolutely see her getting dragged-even by some critics- for cultural appropriation considering Bruno Mars has been dragged for singing funk/soul. Cultural appropriation is obvs. a real thing, but I think it's kind of ridiculous to get mad at Bruno or any non Black singer for singing soul/funk but...that's definitely a thing.

theidlerwheel
8 hours ago, LilyLark said:

It suits her voice, but I could absolutely see her getting dragged-even by some critics- for cultural appropriation considering Bruno Mars has been dragged for singing funk/soul. Cultural appropriation is obvs. a real thing, but I think it's kind of ridiculous to get mad at Bruno or any non Black singer for singing soul/funk but...that's definitely a thing.

True but I see him getting dragged more for using a "blaccent" and trying to pass of as black more than he gets criticized for making funk/soul.

Plus Ari makes RnB and hip hop influenced music and she doesn't get dragged for singing those genres, however she gets dragged for trying to look darker than she naturally is.

Full time lurker

TheSine
9 hours ago, LilyLark said:

In my opinion, Funk is universal. Funk is supposed to make you move, dance and nurture your soul. Music is music, so why should we limit what people can and can't sing? (Correct me if I'm wrong) It really depends on the intention. I would love people all around the world to acknowledge funk more often. It's one of my favorite genres.

🖤TheSine🖤

HausOfAntonio

Not my cup of tea personally but it would further cement her legacy as THE most versatile performer of all time. 

Archived