💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Lorde - Oceanic Feeling

alsemanche

Featured Posts

Anderson123

Bueno esta cabrona sigue y sigue. I wish Melodrama would've been the visual album instead but happy for Solar Power. :bradley:

COOOK
14 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Bueno esta cabrona sigue y sigue. I wish Melodrama would've been the visual album instead but happy for Solar Power. :bradley:

This is the last video of the era don't worry :cyanlights:

BleepBloop

So this is the end of the Solar Power era, I guess, as this is not only the final video, but she also left the island:bradley:

excited for what’s next

alsemanche
5 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

So this is the end of the Solar Power era, I guess, as this is not only the final video, but she also left the island:bradley:

excited for what’s next

Well the tour is still going on but yeah I think we won't be getting any new material after this :bradley:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

alsemanche

oop she sent an email!  (photos in spoilers)

Spoiler

61a18556-b020-a4c5-4355-59f0bbf8e1a3.jpg

Keira onset for Atonement, 2007 

Hello darlings,

I write to you from summer’s end. I can’t believe it’s almost gone. Normally in these months, my whole life is lived in deference to the season. I wake up and the weather decides what I’ll do. I spend long days outside. Swims come first, and everything else in my calendar arranges itself around them. This year, the summer’s been like a movie playing in the background. I’ve kept working pretty much since tour ended, spending long days in a dark room, my brain buzzing like a fluorescent tube, eyes watering when I step back into the light. Girls with flushed cheeks walk through my neighbourhood on their way to dinner; parallel universe projections in pretty dresses. Sounds weird, and feels it a bit too, I suppose. Have a week now to swim and chill out before I see some of you again for the makeup shows. I’m looking out at the water as I write this.

Can you believe the album came out a year ago today?!!! What a beautiful blur. I can honestly say I don’t think I’ve ever grown so much in a single year. In honour of its first trip round the sun, I wanted to share the final (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) video with you, for OCEANIC FEELING.

It’s bittersweet to be coming to the end of this video journey, but amazing too, because this one is possibly my FAVOURITE video I’ve ever, ever made. Who you see in this video is who I truly am, or who I want to be— open, laid bare, water glittering on my skin, speaking directly to you, nothing to hide or prove, just me.
The person with me is my other half and best mate, my brother Angelo. Born on the same day five years apart, we’ve always shared a super close bond. I knew by putting him in the video, I’d be showing myself exactly as I am. Can’t be anyone else when that kid’s around.
The end is super special too, an end to the video story as much as to this chapter — my community of loved ones gathered to see me off, a moment of ceremony. It was an honour to wear Simone Rocha’s raffia dresses for this. I kept thinking on the afternoon we shot it that I was marrying myself. Sounds crazy but that’s how it felt. Punctuating this period of intense self reflection with an image that pretty much splits me apart. It’s sort of the story of my life: I never know where I’m going, just that I have to go there. I’m eternally grateful to you for sticking around to see where I end up.

Some beautiful behind the scenes pics by Ophelia.
Love the one of my co-director Joel and I staring at the monitor after filming the boat shot, which we did only once. 

Spoiler

8cd212be-791d-a791-b671-60f3cf81ab1b.jpg

dee4efad-270b-547c-d469-0e33ef460bcf.jpg 

2e9f9956-d9f8-e176-c077-77a3c6f473dd.jpg 

8fee1f0f-392d-9566-7e82-16cb5d8cd37a.jpg 

21bfb48c-806f-47f6-2f83-0ad382b7553b.jpg

f3e3c48c-0993-476d-e8f4-ac32490d9cd8.jpg  

4688e0fe-bc34-2815-989d-1e43e389c4e4.jpg 

68d80a55-6804-7c98-1bdd-959be6d3fa45.jpg

What else? We have these makeup shows coming up. I’m psyched to be getting the band back together, literally AND figuratively, lol!! Playing around with setlist at the moment — if you’re coming, wanna reply to this email with a song request? Something you genuinely wanna hear?? Let’s have fun!
I’m bringing my sweet sweet friend Jim-E Stack to open these shows (he writes and produces songs for ur favs incl. Caroline Polachek, Charli XCX, Empress Of and Bon Iver). Pls welcome him warmly!!!!

On the subject of shows, I’m super psyched to announce a show in Rio de Janeiro, supported by the inimitable Japanese Breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ve never performed in Rio before, and this show falls right around my birthday. Cannot think of a more amazing birthday location. Presale starts on August 23rd at 10am BRT, code is strangeairlines always, thank you for giving me the best job in the world, we will rage. TICKETS HERE

Other notable sides to this summer—
Fruit. Just eat some fruit. Easy to forget this true ****in miracle of nature. I feel almost psychedelic rapture eating summer fruit. Bite into a peach today!
Dev played a warmup show the other night at Baby’s, in advance of opening for Harry this month at Madison Square Garden. The show was so beautiful, I can’t believe how lucky we are to exist at the same time as Blood Orange, but he’d doing this thing where every night, the set is recorded, printed onto CDs, and made available to buy at the merch desk. Such a sick idea. Bobby ripped the audio for me and I’ve been listening to it the last couple days, such a warm document, totally alive, the songs better than you remembered, if that’s possible. I go dumb for hearing a friend laugh softly into a microphone basically!!! If you’re going to these Harry shows, I IMPLORE you to go early for Blood Orange. Having a relationship with Dev’s music will enrich your life. I’ll probably go at least thrice. 

Spoiler

0dfaec73-7f18-099d-1adb-0a5252c40e35.jpg

3bd6d7ff-4dcc-0d5c-49f2-bb99b976b05a.jpg

Renell sent me this amazing skirt. I am the coolest girl in the world in this very cool skirt. It’s called the Sporty Mini, it may not be on their website right now but everything she does is cool.
Here’s the stack of books I brought on holiday.

Spoiler

ab3d8f3b-87d2-565c-2de3-47d2673d8809.jpg

Thinking woman’s flower.
Can’t stop listening to this.

Spoiler

5fe02cbf-8219-255a-cf1d-7b87a138eb2e.jpg 

Urs truly trying on a vintage Vivienne Westwood shirt the other day

Love you so much. Can’t wait to see you again soon.
L X0000

PS. More incredible photos from behind the scenes of Atonement that feel very goth and end of summer to me…

Spoiler

a4f167da-2e70-93a3-2824-75a3f3e8962d.jpg 85508df2-667c-2a57-e058-f16be1a9183a.jpga6aa8da3-1f55-e2dc-d029-87f02446d37a.jpgff8c1c4e-3d46-6f40-1fb0-aecce4f66dbe.jpg 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

John Wayne

this is one of my favorite songs of all time. There is something so nostalgic and serene about it and it’s an excellent closer of an album.

I’m really sad that people didn’t appreciate SP more. I do think it’s a fantastic album and it felt really cathartic for Lorde to make it as well.

Rahrahbitchson

I want to be in the beach so bad

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Archived