Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Original Chromatica Ball theme

The BPD Monster

Featured Posts

Starmie25
On 8/20/2022 at 9:23 AM, Space Cowboy said:

Peach

It's pretty ballsy of Gaga to take Chromatica ball to the location where she's at her most saddest. That's pretty deep.

I do have a few nitpicks overall, but I'm happy with the ball stadium we got.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio
7 hours ago, Regina George said:

That you have no clue about what you’re talking about? Sure! 

So MY point was that I had no clue what I was talking about?

Confused Thinking GIF

monsterdino

I'm glad she switched to museum of brutality....but maybe she changed this and is going to use this concept for the Las Vegas Enigma shows? 

Monstermilo

after seeing the stage over and over again 

im quite happy with it. i just wish it was one huge catwalk that brought her closer fans

other than the catwalk - i wish it had better lighting like the weeknds tour 

but everything else is good. and i loved that she added pyro 

Togekiss
On 8/19/2022 at 11:19 AM, NATAH said:

a jungle sounds like a Roar/Katy Perry vibe and wouldn't really fit a lot of the chromatica songs...

what we have now is a lot more mature and versatile, like an autopsy of chromatica

Thank god because the fake plants on the green tribe’s outfits in the Stupid Love video were triggering enough.

It would have been really tough to pull off and not make it look corny like the Roar video

bring on that pecan pie

Chesescake

What's I imagine initially:

Alien_jungle-small.jpg?1400052889

What's you guys make me believe we might actually get:

71-7ozmx81L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

BloodyM

Thank god for the change! I personally think that the looks/fashion from the SL music video is horrible and tacky. This tour brought back Gaga at her highest, darkest and great fashionable moments. 

thisguyN
On 8/19/2022 at 8:24 PM, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

I'm not convinced that the current tour now fits more with the theme of Chromatica. 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the current tour, but from interviews in 2020, gaga talks a lot about Nature, and dancing joyfully through pain, and recognizing different colors in people. 

In the paper magazine interview, she said she has a new appreciation for the power of nature over technology. 

The Chromatica ball now is more introspective. It's dark, cold, and monotone. Nothing like the album. 

I actually think the whole Chromatica planet, tribes, colors, nature etc. talks were just extrapolation (and a bit childish) from her side that had nothing to do with the music in the album. I’m glad she ditched this whole and made Chromatica Ball visually and aesthetically mature. i love over-the-top concepts for albums, but only when the music is descriptive of the concept. Otherwise it looks cringy a bit.

Chromatica at the end is an album of dancing through your pain and the tour captures that good enough - especially the Alice performance. 

CBT is perfect as is, no notes, and the same goes for the stupid love video. in fact i think their aesthetic values are quite similar !! saw absolutely no disconnect with the ball, literally what are some of y’all babbling on about

lolitamuse

Having seen the show, the stage honestly was lackluster and I didn't spend any time looking at it or enjoying it as a visual storytelling mode. It served no function to Gaga herself during the show, and really provided nothing to me as a viewer. I'm sorry, but the museum of brutality is literally just a bare concrete looking stage. 

Now, we can talk about Gaga's artistic intention with using a bare concrete looking stage, sure. But the actual scenery was bland and did nothing for me as a audience member. 

JazzGa
On 8/19/2022 at 2:25 PM, chromaticainmyhead said:

maybe this was planned for the Coachella show?

I was thinking this might be the plan for the revamped Vegas show! 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

HeavyMetal Halcyon
10 hours ago, thisguyN said:

I actually think the whole Chromatica planet, tribes, colors, nature etc. talks were just extrapolation (and a bit childish) from her side that had nothing to do with the music in the album. I’m glad she ditched this whole and made Chromatica Ball visually and aesthetically mature. i love over-the-top concepts for albums, but only when the music is descriptive of the concept. Otherwise it looks cringy a bit.

Chromatica at the end is an album of dancing through your pain and the tour captures that good enough - especially the Alice performance. 

I totally see your point and agree that she went with a very campy point of view with the art direction at the beginning of the album cycle. Some people perceive it as cringy, 100%. 

I do want to argue that the Chromatica 'planet' or 'realm' or 'mindset' really DOES match the music in the album... completely:

-Alice is clearly about her wanting to escape reality and find a better conceptualized fantastical world, just like Alice did in the book. (Also you said that the tour captures dancing through her pain like the Alice performance, but she doesn't dance in that performance lol) 

-Rain On Me takes the concept of hardships we all face and uses rain as a simile to these hardships which is exactly what she was doing with the Stupid Love music video. Taking a metaphor of republicans vs democrats vs any other group of people and breaking them down into simplistic colors. 

-911s lyrics explain her trying to use antipsychotic medication to "Keep herself in beautiful places" which would be the other realm of Chromatica. 

-Enigma is arguably the best representation of Chromatica in the music. Ethereal, otherworldly, expressive, beautiful. (And has a killer bass line) 

-Sine from Above relates to the creation of the universe via Sound. Something she used to create or explain Chromatica. 

-Babylon is just a fantastical way to talk about gossip altogether and I think that may be where this 'rumored' original ball concept came from. The hanging gardens of Babylon. 

There are many ways to interpret each song and the album as a whole. I'm not trying to invalidate you or your opinion, I just wanted to explain how I personally view both aesthetics (Camp Fantasy Chromatica vs Serious Brutalist Chromatica) and can see how both Tours would have worked. The two versions of Chromatica are not mutually exclusive and can exist at the same time. The album can have dark themes that we see in the tour and be campy and fun at the same time. (That's the whole point of her original concept right?) 

Once again, I would like to say that I do love the Chromatica Ball, and I've already seen it twice and will be seeing it again in LA.   

Admin
On 8/20/2022 at 1:19 AM, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

Literally all of the promo was around this "planet" or "realm" concept. 

Hi! This is a fan tweet. Lady Gaga has not said the word “planet” once when talking about Chromatica.  

HeavyMetal Halcyon
4 minutes ago, Admin said:

Hi! This is a fan tweet. Lady Gaga has not said the word “planet” once when talking about Chromatica.  

I know, I said in a post later in this thread that it was a way to express that a lot of people view Chromatica as a place or planet. 

Archived