💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

TCB 8/20 shows: 100% sold out with $38.2M revenue

Meat

Featured Posts

dollardays
1 hour ago, Aussie said:

Which hopefully will make an official release of the TCB more likely to happen. I sincerely hope they do so. A visual artist like Gaga makes little sense to not be releasing them. 

The concert plus the interludes and extended visuals would be so great :bradley: Not happening though 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Since this is her first stadium tour,I think they booked smaller stadiums for a reason.I think they want to test if she can fill those stadiums,so next tour I can bet,it’s gonna be Wembley,Stade(again) and much bigger stadiums in the US

They could’ve booked Wembley now too, it was unavailable due to a sports event happening right after the ball’s date.

EGOT2027
3 minutes ago, Meat said:

They could’ve booked Wembley now too, it was unavailable due to a sports event happening right after the ball’s date.

didn’t they pick the london venue in 2020 though since it was one of the original 5 dates?

pachinko
2 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Since this is her first stadium tour,I think they booked smaller stadiums for a reason.I think they want to test if she can fill those stadiums,so next tour I can bet,it’s gonna be Wembley,Stade(again) and much bigger stadiums in the US

She probably won’t go to Texas anymore. 

Tinnitus15
2 minutes ago, pachinko said:

She probably won’t go to Texas anymore. 

As she should!

Economy
18 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Can someone good with numbers tell us how much a show like this costs to put on? Like what's their profit? @Economy? :bear:

Without more information I can't possibly know :sweat:

But between the team that travels with her she gotta pay, transportation costs, the set and props, rental of stadium, taxes etc it's a good chunk thats always gone

Then of course there's whatever her record label keeps as a share of the profits

But I'm sure with over 4 and a half million per show she still making big big bank. Perhaps near or past the 7 figures mark per show still depending on her contract

1 hour ago, EGOT2027 said:

didn’t they pick the london venue in 2020 though since it was one of the original 5 dates?

It was always going to be at Tottenham. They have only recently started hosting concerts and venues will often "bid" a low fee to hire the venue, tempting in touring acts.

Wembley is a big name venue, so, although it's profitable, the name itself is why people book it. Very few have a stage setup that takes advantage of its capacity.

Tottenham probably gave her the venue hire at a huge discount from day one.

StrawberryBlond

I'm hoping she might just scrape $100 million with these remaining ones. Booking a second Texas date when there were many other states that were crying out for a date was very strange and to leave Spain and Italy out was unfathomable. Even just staying in these 3 continents, she could have added at least 2 more on each one to really balance things out. I'm sure she'll clear her schedule to make way for more next time (this new Vegas show better accommodate as I'd rather a world tour broke records than an exclusionary residency) and she'll be given bigger venues. Likely that playing it safe with majority ballparks was a way to test the waters considering Chromatica was over 2 years old by this point. Well, if this many people still had interest and were preparing to pull out big money after all this time, can you imagine if she puts on a proper world tour within a year of releasing the next album?

3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm hoping she might just scrape $100 million with these remaining ones. Booking a second Texas date when there were many other states that were crying out for a date was very strange and to leave Spain and Italy out was unfathomable. Even just staying in these 3 continents, she could have added at least 2 more on each one to really balance things out. I'm sure she'll clear her schedule to make way for more next time (this new Vegas show better accommodate as I'd rather a world tour broke records than an exclusionary residency) and she'll be given bigger venues. Likely that playing it safe with majority ballparks was a way to test the waters considering Chromatica was over 2 years old by this point. Well, if this many people still had interest and were preparing to pull out big money after all this time, can you imagine if she puts on a proper world tour within a year of releasing the next album?

Leaving Italy out was fine, considering what happened last time

monstertoronto
16 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

She's struggling to sell both Dallas and Houston dates, ain't no way she's selling 80k two nights there.

Dallas.png

Houston.png

I expect Dallas to be the first not sold out, considering it's 3 days left for the show and it's... looking bad.

They use the blue sections even if it’s just resales. If you zoom in on actual seats I’m sure it will appear a lot more sold out. 

LateToCult
13 hours ago, Meat said:

Tottenham probably offered her team some kind of incentive package to play there. Maybe they waived some fees or chipped in for security. We’ll never know but Gaga playing there is great advertisement for them. I can see artists like Harry and Ariana choosing it over O2 and Wembley now that they know a major pop artist has played it successfully.

South Blonde
1 hour ago, KORG said:

What happened?

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

StrawberryBlond
16 hours ago, KORG said:

What happened? She did just one arena date there for the JWT which pulled in just over 11k people but made $1.1 million from that date even so. Ok, maybe you'd look at that and think that wasn't enough to fill stadium demand but she did 2 sold out shows in Spain to just under 29k people, yet no stadium date this time. She played to 15k in Netherlands yet did a stadium date this time and had just one arena booked in Sweden (before it got cancelled) and yet she did a stadium date there this time. So, just because she had smaller audience figures back then doesn't mean she'd have the same now considering that Chromatica was more successful than Joanne in many markets.

3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

What happened? She did just one arena date there for the JWT which pulled in just over 11k people but made $1.1 million from that date even so. Ok, maybe you'd look at that and think that wasn't enough to fill stadium demand but she did 2 sold out shows in Spain to just under 29k people, yet no stadium date this time. She played to 15k in Netherlands yet did a stadium date this time and had just one arena booked in Sweden (before it got cancelled) and yet she did a stadium date there this time. So, just because she had smaller audience figures back then doesn't mean she'd have the same now considering that Chromatica was more successful than Joanne in many markets.

Maybe I'm mistaken! I thought it was Italy where it was a real nightmare selling tickets & they had to discount a bunch in the end

James Gibson

Italy and Spain are very hard markets to sell out stadiums. Gaga always played safe there with one Milan date only since BTW Ball and Spain only in JWT had a second arena date that also had curtains to cover the upper rings.

Streaming and sales dont necessarily mean touring profit. If you see it's rare for artists book huge stadiums there and since Gaga played it safe this time with smaller stadiums and limited dates to test her demand, I understand this rollout.

People mentioned how her team probably picked Tottenham from the start instead of Wembley due to "bid" a lower fee and I bet that's the same that happened with Arnhem. So they got this huge succesful tour, paying less to rent the venues and still charging a respectable amount for tickets. A great way to profit out of a short tour.

Archived