Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA

Grimes - Miss Anthropocene

The Weeknd - After Hours

All of them were excellent albums

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Z

2008 and 2009 were amazing, 2010 was great too, 2011 too but a bit less (2012 was a boring), 2013 was fun too, (2014 was boring as well) and 2015 was fine.

Since then, I haven't liked a single year in music and the more time goes by, the more I feel it will never happen again 

Pop Music

2013 and 2020

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

Mother of Puppies

2010ish and 2020

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, LaLuna said:

The late 90s for sure. I mean, NSYNC, BSB, Britney, Xtina, Spice Girls... 

The 80s in general were pretty lit too in terms of pop music.

This tbh, so much of today's music or 2010s wouldn't exist without it. I guess the same could be said for 80s influences on 90s etc

Chromatislaps
7 hours ago, brizoda said:

1000% I mean Madonna, Prince's 1999 AND Thriller

also 1987, with Bad :giveup: 

TheSine

I love the 1980's. If I were to pick the best year though, it would be the 2000's. We had producers such as Timbaland and The Neptunes on the scene that defined the sound, as well as early Lady Gaga, George Michael AND Michael Jackson's last album "Invincible". I could go on and on about music. :excited2:

EDIT: Moreso late 1990's as well 

đź–¤TheSineđź–¤

LaLuna
50 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

This tbh, so much of today's music or 2010s wouldn't exist without it. I guess the same could be said for 80s influences on 90s etc

Tbh I still listen to pop music from that era whereas today's pop music doesn't appeal to me at all, apart from Gaga.

BlingNotTheMusic
7 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

Tbh I still listen to pop music from that era whereas today's pop music doesn't appeal to me at all, apart from Gaga.

I grew up in Britney, Christina, Beyonce/Destiny's Child, etc debut eras so for me it's natural nostalgia đź’ś

HausOfAntonio

Nostalgia-wise, in my lifetime, definitely 2011 when it was all about the pop girlies and other chart toppers were all EDM pop. It was sooooo much fun. 

Smother Em Eh

I love 2010 and 2013 but 2016 is pretty underrated. We got music from Gaga, Bey, Britney, Rihanna, Gwen, Selena, Demi, Ariana, The Weekend. And we got awesome performances and stuff at the awards shows from Gaga, Rihanna, Brit etc. 

Not only did we get new material from the MPG’s but we saw a different side to many of them (Gaga with Joanne, Rihanna w/ Anti, BEY with Lemonade etc.)

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived