💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

I Wrote a Song About #FreeBritney

Chicka

Featured Posts

Chicka

Y'all, I'm having my #LeaveBritneyAlone moment.

I grew up when that **** was going down, and although I wasn't encouraged by my parents to listen to Britney, she still had an impact on my growing up and my music tastes. She's undeniably one of the biggest stars of my generation, as in, the day she dies will be to us what MJ's death was to his generation, or Elvis' etc.. So naturally I find her wellbeing throughout everything she went through not only sad but fascinating. I think it's so odd how someone can be known as "the girl who has it all," but have what seems to be an absolute **** show of a personal life. Then movies like Elvis show us even more that when there's big money involved, greed and evil tends to lurk around. Even still, many of us are jealous of these celebrities. Or at least I can be at times. So I thought it would be cool to write a song from the perspective of a star like Britney during her legal troubles, to explore the underside of these high positions of success, and to empathize with her (rather than be jealous of her).

also sorry if that reads like a dissertation I'm high

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0BgCdYtd8IHb41s-1Z7-

Please let me know what you think!

berlinforme

This is really good! Could see it being a Britney demo tbh, very catchy! Giving me Glory vibes. 

Chicka
4 minutes ago, berlinforme said:

This is really good! Could see it being a Britney demo tbh, very catchy! Giving me Glory vibes. 

OMG it does kinda sound like Glory era I didn't even think of that! The ooh now reminds me of Make Me Ooh

Chicka
4 minutes ago, Vengaboy said:

Very cool, and well done! You should send it to her! 

Omg if she ever heard it:bradley:

Sinfullota

This actually sounds really good. It's very moody and melodic as Britney would say during the Glory era.

Guillaume Hamon

It's on the level of a Brit album no joking! You should send it to her label and if they don't want it send it to others labels. You gonna start as a songwriter Gaga style lol.

tomsches

She's so lucky, she's a star 
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking
If there's nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night?

Chicka
9 hours ago, tomsches said:

She's so lucky, she's a star 
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking
If there's nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night?

This song and Piece of Me were partly the inspiration tbh (I say piece of me in the lyrics), I just wanted to have a bit of a more somber take on the concept

Chicka
10 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

It's on the level of a Brit album no joking! You should send it to her label and if they don't want it send it to others labels. You gonna start as a songwriter Gaga style lol.

Idk how to send to labels!!! Catch me emailing the UMG website "contact us" page:yennefer:

Guillaume Hamon
6 hours ago, Parker Bizarre said:

Idk how to send to labels!!! Catch me emailing the UMG website "contact us" page:yennefer:

Honestly it's probably explained there lol.

I'm sure there are website explaining to songwriters how to do it right.

Archived