💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Super Freaky Girl officially becomes Nicki Minaj's first solo #1 on BBH100

Dojo

Featured Posts

Guillaume Hamon
Just now, pachinko said:

I’m streaming Harry now. Please do the same. 

Yep US monsters please save us from evil! 😆

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like seeing female artists who are older getting hits but I just do not like Nicki after all she has done and all the people she supports and associates herself with so it feels like a loss and a win. 

gagaisitalian

An original song from an artist with their career on the rails > a cheesy attempt to recreate the exact same formulaic hit from almost 10 years ago

SarahYuko
21 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

I can't believe I would ever root for Harold but he needs to pulls through. We cannot give Nicki & Dr Luke a #1. 

HAROLD sjndvidi :bradley:

tyler k
21 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Good 4 her 

nah, not good for her Dr. Luke is a producer. why are people supporting this song ???

also, this is so random to me - like how is the song doing that well lmao

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Teletubby
1 hour ago, tmo13 said:

also, this is so random to me - like how is the song doing that well lmao

tiktok + her fans are mass buying and use streaming farms

FaJiuaUX0AESHfn?format=jpg&name=medium

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

8 hours ago, Meat said:

Harry’s success is not just because of radio though. “As it was” is doing amazing on all metrics and it’s the fastest song to hit 1B streams in history.

I wasn't insinuating that, however, there isn't a reason for the song to rise is there? It peaked a couple of months back

2 minutes ago, KORG said:

I wasn't insinuating that, however, there isn't a reason for the song to rise is there? It peaked a couple of months back

The chart points in the top 5 are very close. It doesn’t need to rise to repeak, the other songs simply keep falling off.

Babba the Hutt

Nicki has been an awful person and supports/works with awful people. That said, I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy most of her music but it's difficult to separate work from the artist when she keeps going at her husband's victim and she collaborates with Dr. Luke, that rainbow guy, etc.

Even if the song isn't number 1, being 2 is too high as well all things considered. :crossed:

StrawberryBlond
13 hours ago, Levine said:

Dr. Luke produced it

A criminal, r*pe apologist is "singing" it

That's not all. I just found out something else that I (and I'm sure, many others) had forgotten about or knew nothing about. Because it features Superfreak and I do like that song but actually don't know any of Rick James's other work, I decided to run a Wiki search on him to get a general overview about his life. I always check out the "relationships and children" section and was blown away. He had a real habit of dating much younger women (11 years younger and more) and it was when it was mentioned that he and a girlfriend went to prison, that the biggest controversy of his career came back to me. In 1991, he and his girlfriend kidnapped, sexually assaulted and tortured a woman for 6 days. Just over a year later, while out on bail for the incident, they both kidnapped another woman and assaulted her for 20 hours. Rick was sentenced to 5 years but only ended up serving just over 2 years. In 1998, he was accused of another assault but the charges got dropped and as recently as 2020 (16 years after his death), another women claimed he raped back in 1979 when she was 15 but her claims were dismissed. I know Rick's drug abuse was well-documented but I had no idea that his addiction led to crazy behaviour like this.

So, yeah, the singer, producer and even featured sample artist are all either abusers or abuse apologists. No wonder this song makes me feel all kinds of guilt to enjoy listening to it and why it kinda gives me the creeps.

3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That's not all. I just found out something else that I (and I'm sure, many others) had forgotten about or knew nothing about. Because it features Superfreak and I do like that song but actually don't know any of Rick James's other work, I decided to run a Wiki search on him to get a general overview about his life. I always check out the "relationships and children" section and was blown away. He had a real habit of dating much younger women (11 years younger and more) and it was when it was mentioned that he and a girlfriend went to prison, that the biggest controversy of his career came back to me. In 1991, he and his girlfriend kidnapped, sexually assaulted and tortured a woman for 6 days. Just over a year later, while out on bail for the incident, they both kidnapped another woman and assaulted her for 20 hours. Rick was sentenced to 5 years but only ended up serving just over 2 years. In 1998, he was accused of another assault but the charges got dropped and as recently as 2020 (16 years after his death), another women claimed he raped back in 1979 when she was 15 but her claims were dismissed. I know Rick's drug abuse was well-documented but I had no idea that his addiction led to crazy behaviour like this.

So, yeah, the singer, producer and even featured sample artist are all either abusers or abuse apologists. No wonder this song makes me feel all kinds of guilt to enjoy listening to it and why it kinda gives me the creeps.

wtf? this needs it's own thread tbh! 

Babba the Hutt
4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow. :saladga: It's like Nicki handpicks them.

Levine
10 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

OH.MY.GOD.

nodandsmile

umm her fanbase is very motivated and will fight to give her great debuts and always succeed!

her problem is longevity, but I have a feeling she's gonna get that this time though...

Teletubby

she dropped remix and now she has 4 versions 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Dojo changed the title to Super Freaky Girl officially becomes Nicki Minaj's first solo #1 on BBH100
  • Admin locked this topic

Archived