💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift will be honored as the "Songwriter/Artist Of The Decade"

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Monstermilo

i think mariah deserves this over someone who spelled F-U-N as a lyric and wrote shake it off 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
6 hours ago, Dennis said:

Tell me you haven't listened to folklore and evermore without telling me you haven't listened to folklore and evermore

Agree. I'm not even a big Taylor fan, but she's an excellent songwriter. I would argue she and Lana-although Lana can be too melodramatic at times-are the best songwriters of the past 15 years. Some of her songwriting can be very simplistic, but she clearly chooses to make it that way (parts of Reputation, etc.). Judging her by Shake it Off or Look What You Made me Do-which are very catchy, despite the simple lyrics-is silly.

I was listening to Evermore the other day for the first time in ages and was thinking of how good Ivy and Dorothea were from a songwriting perspective.

LilyLark
2 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

i think mariah deserves this over someone who spelled F-U-N as a lyric and wrote shake it off 

It's of the decade sis. I love Mariah, but she hasn't written any bangers in the past ten years. 

And for every song that spells Fun, Taylor has something like Ivy or The Last Great American Dynasty.

RAMROD

All Too Well. :music:

Congrats! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RudraCNG

I mean it's not just for this one in particular, but awards don't mean sh*t. They are all arranged or are given only based on the popularity of the artist (once in a while, some are given to a less famous artist to make it seem that the ones who choose have good judgment and listen to a lot of artists).

Why are you guys so triggered over a NSAI award? :laughga: of course they’re going to give it to Taylor Swift

SarahYuko
58 minutes ago, Emvee said:

Why are you guys so triggered over a NSAI award? :laughga: of course they’re going to give it to Taylor Swift

Yeah I was wondering who they are lol

Max
11 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

You do you know that Mariah has a songwriting award and has been honored by other places too?

dopega

Impact on the music industry? :bear:

I hear this sentence being thrown around a lot when it comes to her but nobody seems to be able to point out where and what exactly she has impacted. :ohwell:

The BPD Monster

Her songwriting is like me writing an essay. Most of it is just like simple talking and has no ryhm at all.

Levine
18 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

This is the phenomenon that I can least understand of all the universe and its confines. I can imagine an explanation about the origin of life, about the functioning of the most complex aspects of human existence, but I will never be able to understand how this girl can be appealing to a large number of people (other than newborns or 6 year olds). It is something that for me cannot be explained.

I actually believe it's all fake :shrug: y'all can call me hater or delusional all you want, but all the numbers she pull are not real, not "legit" at least. 

Even this award is laughable. She has proprbably something to release around that time and they (her team) need attention.

The BPD Monster
22 hours ago, The BPD Monster said:

Her songwriting is like me writing an essay. Most of it is just like simple talking and has no ryhm at all.

Nvm i think she kinda deserves it. Fr

Archived