Taylor Swift will be honored as the "Songwriter/Artist Of The Decade"

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NATAH
5 minutes ago, Retro Dance Freak said:

Her writing on Red is incredible, and her entirely self written album at 19 is an amazing feat for someone so young. She’s an amazing songwriter who uses so many literary devices in her work, it’s just ignorant to pretend she isn’t a good song writer across her career and she’s been exceptional at every stage of it

her lows have been exceptionally low though

mother, what must i do?

Retro Dance Freak
Just now, NATAH said:

her lows have been exceptionally low though

But her highs (which are more consistent and authentic, not songs solely written to make a statement as singles like Bad Blood / ME! / LWYMMD) are higher than so many of her industry peers.

And even then, her lows are still better lyrically and have more substance than a lot of pop songs on the charts anyways lol

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.

NATAH
Just now, Retro Dance Freak said:

And even then, her lows are still better lyrically and have more substance than a lot of pop songs on the charts anyways lol

sorry but "spelling is fun!" is not better lyrically and doesn't have more substance than any pop song out there :laughga:

mother, what must i do?

ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, Dennis said:

Tell me you haven't listened to folklore and evermore without telling me you haven't listened to folklore and evermore

I’ve heard both and they’re good (folklore being the better sister imo) but her writing is just not amazing lol there’s so many artists with MUCH better songwriting skills that deserve more recognition than Tay lol half of her songs sound like a 15-year-old wrote them! :enigma: Good songs nonetheless tho 

Future Lovers

She is effortlessly a better songwriter than almost any of her peers in the pop and pop adjacent sphere. Few are touching her. Most of the girls wish they could write some of the stuff that's on folklore and evermore. But of course since she has historically made such poor single choices prior to those two albums people will always judge her on those singles which are never representative of their albums' biggest strengths. Everyone who comes for her writing quoting lyrics from singles just proves they've never sat down with anything else of hers. 

Dennis
32 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I’ve heard both and they’re good (folklore being the better sister imo) but her writing is just not amazing lol there’s so many artists with MUCH better songwriting skills that deserve more recognition than Tay lol half of her songs sound like a 15-year-old wrote them! :enigma: Good songs nonetheless tho 

I'm sure 15 year olds write this:

Your Midas touch on the Chevy door
November flush and your flannel cure
"This dorm was once a madhouse"
I made a joke, "Well, it's made for me"

How evergreen, our group of friends
Don't think we'll say that word again
And soon they'll have the nerve to deck the halls
That we once walked through

One for the money, two for the show
I never was ready, so I watch you go
Sometimes you just don't know the answer
'Til someone's on their knees and asks you

"She would've made such a lovely bride
What a shame she's ****ed in her head, " they said
But you'll find the real thing instead
She'll patch up your tapestry that I shred

huttont
39 minutes ago, NATAH said:

sorry but "spelling is fun!" is not better lyrically and doesn't have more substance than any pop song out there :laughga:

We could pick apart any artists songwriting by choosing a particularly bad lyric. We all stan a woman who wrote about buying eggs, having salad, and psychic gurus catching minnows in a harbor. I wouldn’t even call the “spelling is fun” a lyric. It was even cut from the official Spotify version.

I guess my point is that it’s art which is subjective. Clearly, a lot of people think Taylor’s writing is worthy of this award so why get so bent out of shape over it? 

NATAH
Just now, huttont said:

I guess my point is that it’s art which is subjective. Clearly, a lot of people think Taylor’s writing is worthy of this award so why get so bent out of shape over it? 

i'm not bent out of shape over it :gum:

mother, what must i do?

Queen. The first female to ever achieve it, and it’s deserved. 

alsemanche

SO many other artists (especially female artists) are much more deserving but ok

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Sherry

For song writing Lana deserves it. And for impact Gaga deserves it, she took the industry by storm, everyone started dressing crazy after her, shock factor became common, that's impact. Not just commercial music and "spelling is fun" 

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

Monstermilo

two of 10 albums showcase good songwriting, the rest is basic run of the mill country/pop so idk why yall gas her up so much 

Archived