Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adele covers Elle UK, reveals she wasn't satisfied with her Vegas show

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Adele has revealed her dream is to be a 'homemaker', as she plans marriage and children with boyfriend Rich Paul.  Adele was also keen to discuss what she called 'the worst moment in my career' after she cancelled her Las Vegas residency at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace.

'It was the worst moment in my career, by far,' she told Elle of her decision to cancel. 'By far. I was so excited about those shows. It was devastating.'

She explained with just hours to go before her debut date, that she just wasn't satisfied with the show.

'There was just no soul in it. The stage setup wasn't right. It was very disconnected from me and my band, and it lacked intimacy. And maybe I tried too hard to give it those things in such a controlled environment.'

At a dress rehearsal the night before she announced the cancellation, she got frustrated enough that, during the first song, she walked to the end of the 15,700-square-foot stage, sat down, and crossed her legs over the side. Then she pulled her mic away and started singing a cappella to the mostly empty, 4,300-plus-seat Colosseum. Even unplugged, she says, “they could hear me up at the top.” As she sang, Adele looked out into the first few rows and realized it was exactly this feeling she’d been missing: an intimate and unpretentious moment with a stardom that has, over 15 years and more than 120 million albums sold worldwide, become its own life force.

“This would be the best part of the show,” she remembers thinking. “For me, and for you. This is what I want,” she continues, motioning to an imagined small audience in front of her kitchen table, the proximity of a fan’s beating heart. “And none of that—” she gestures behind her, to the idea of a Vegas stage with its trappings and special effects—“has that.” The next morning, she called off the shows.

It was “brutal,” she says, but it was also a choice in line with what she is known for: a generational talent who has earned the right to engage with her fame on her own terms, and share her art and self with the world only when she feels most ready to do it. “With her, everything’s about authenticity,” says Jonathan Dickins, who has been her manager since she was 18 years old. “For her to go out and perform a show she’s not happy with would be a lie to the fans.”

Of the backlash she faced from fans, many of whom had splurged thousands on flights and accommodation to see the star, Adele admitted 'the first couple of months were really, really hard. I was embarrassed.'

'But it actually made my self-confidence in myself grow, because it was a very brave thing to do. And I don't think many people would have done what I did. I'm very proud of myself for standing by my artistic needs.'

source

61392385-11112525-image-a-36_16605563046elm090122fobcover-lo-1-1660153836.jpg?reelm090122wladele-001a-1660152966.jpg?reselm090122wladele-008a-1660152723.jpg?reselm090122fobinsidecover-001a-1660154407.elm090122fobcover-001a-1660154342.jpg?reelm090122wladele-003a-1660153331.jpg?reselm090122wladele-006a-1660153395.jpg?reselm090122wladele-002a-1660153151.jpg?croelm090122wladele-007a-1660153253.jpg?res

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
COOOK

I'm sorry but enough about the Vegas cancellation girl where are you? You have the I Drink Wine video waiting to see the light of day and 30 is a great album that could've done so much better... instead we're in this loop of these same arguments about the residency without even going into further details as to what wasn't up to your standards... girl! :saladga:

Head Empty
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

'But it actually made my self-confidence in myself grow, because it was a very brave thing to do. And I don't think many people would have done what I did. I'm very proud of myself for standing by my artistic needs.'

Look, I love Adele as a personality. But this quote rubs me the wrong way. Mismanaging a show to this degree is not something to be proud about. It was a flawed plan that should've been addressed weeks or months prior.

With this statement she's almost putting her own ego above the fans that were wronged. There's more pride in admitting a mistake, facing that you were in the wrong and doing better in the future.

berlinforme

With how much preparation goes into these residencies I still find it weird she didn't make that decision earlier. You don't just come to think it's entirely not worth showing/not up to your standards one day before the first date. 

Great pictures though! 

TEANUS

And it didn’t strike you till the day before/ day of that it wasn’t up to your standards? :rip:

What an attempt on her PR peeps anyway, “I’m proud of cancelling my show the day of just cause I wasn’t feeling the set”

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

NATAH

lets just hope the show is actually worth it after all the mess lol

i wouldn't call her actions brave though...

mother, what must i do?

Juanlittlem

21 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

There was just no soul in it. The stage setup wasn't right. It was very disconnected from me and my band, and it lacked intimacy. And maybe I tried too hard to give it those things in such a controlled environment.'

The way she's gonna have warm lighting, a micstand, a piano and maybe a couch on that stage.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

alsemanche
24 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Of the backlash she faced from fans, many of whom had splurged thousands on flights and accommodation to see the star, Adele admitted 'the first couple of months were really, really hard. I was embarrassed.'

I like Adele and everything but gurl.... So many people were screwed over by your cancellation, at least have some kind words for them when asked about it instead of making it about yourself :rip:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Cruelty

I cannot believe that we're having this discussion – with the exact same points and the exact same jokes – again :saladga:

Blackout19

Did she do something on her face? Or its just the make-up...

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

NATAH
3 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

I cannot believe that we're having this discussion – with the exact same points and the exact same jokes – again :saladga:

we're stuck in the twilight zone :vegas:

mother, what must i do?

Juanlittlem
6 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

She keeps coming back with the same excuses, let us make the same jokes :ohwell:

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Levine

it was a very brave thing to do. And I don't think many people would have done what I did. I'm very proud of myself

Is she trolling or...?

4 minutes ago, Blackout19 said:

Did she do something on her face? Or its just the make-up...

She lost weight like again I believe

The pictures looks good very cozy :) 

About the article... Yeah no, at the end of the day she had insurances saving her money and her Vegas show

And the fans just lost. And again after months of planning you should have briefed your creatives about what you wanted. Gosh she sounds like my manger who decides for some graphic assets and the day before the event decided to change everything 

Archived