Adele covers Elle UK, reveals she wasn't satisfied with her Vegas show

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy
40 minutes ago, badfaith said:

Well her PR certainly failed cause now she's doubling down on the pit she dug herself in :billie: Her saying she felt embarrassed but not sorry cause she stood her ground is a choice :derpga:

Agreed :billie:

OMonster

Big fan but Adele has a huge ego and is a massive diva even though her reputation would suggest otherwise. She puts her vision before anything else. And whilst that's admirable to an extent, there comes a point when one surely has to take into account the impact on others before being so dogmatic and self-righteous.

subtext / fantasy

Monstermilo

sorry if i was a stan that had to go through what she did regarding the vegas show, i would unstan. 

with gaga yes she cancelled dates but because she physically couldnt go on stage, adele did this **** cuz they couldnt get the right screens and lighting???? that seems so selfish and petty for an artist whos visuals, no one gives a FUC*** about

LunaUniverse

Looks like she got a bigger shovel to dig a hole for herself :laughga:

It doesn’t take much to just be clear and apologetic with people who are willing to take time to see you. Any last minute nitpick about visuals wouldn’t matter to the public because your freaking Adele at the end of the day, people would pay to see you perform in a barn if they could

1# Samoyed Stan

Sorcerer

She needs to realize that people go to concerts to listen to the performer, not for the stage or whatever.

She's a great singer and songwriter, but I really couldn't call her a great artist. An artist will know earlier if the art she's working on doesn't meet her standards, not two hours before the show. She's proud of standing up for her "artistry" but couldn't she have done it without affecting other people?

lilboyblue

This really isn't doing her any favors. She could have adjusted things as it went on, if all she wanted was the feeling of the show being more intimate. I mean... :saladga: 

lilboyblue

So all that brouhaha about not having the sound equipment she wanted was a lie, then?

Oh, boy. That didn't make anything better :saladga:

In this situation she should have just went through with the first leg of the residency and changed it later if she really had to. "Realizing" at the literal last moment it was unworkable to her, sorry, yeah right. That's nothing to be proud of. 

LaLuna

I'm not buying it. She's proud of herself for realizing at the last freaking minute that the show wasn't up to her standards?

What Are You Doing Wtf GIF by Masterchef

Schwerk

This makes no sense to me. She wanted it to be more intimate when it's already a much smaller venue than usual? If the stage is too big, just stand on the edge of it to be close to the people. Walk down the paths into the crowd a bit. Shine a spotlight on the crowd, talk to them. I've seen Gaga connect to her audience in arena's, I really don't get why Adele was worried about 4000 people.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

StrawberryBlond

Hold on, I thought she said it was purely technical issues that stopped the show from happening? That in her own words, she said "I ain't ready" and that so many of her staff had come down with Covid? Now it's a case of it was ready and she just didn't like how the stage set-up had all come together and didn't provide the audience connection she wanted?

to kill a mockingbird mic GIF

It's crazy how we've had the same PR spin on this nonsense over and over again, if we're told it enough times, we'll start to believe it. I'm glad to see that the public (mostly) is not having it, calling her out for the glaringly obvious fact that she would have released weeks beforehand that things weren't to her liking and that cancelling mere hours before debut was totally unprofessional. For her PR to spin this as a brave decision is mindblowing. To be brave would be to accept that this show didn't come to fruition to your liking but that nevertheless, your fans have spend a lot of money and time to come out to see you and that you can't let them down. But to abandon your commitments because you just didn't like how the artistic vision came together is the exact opposite of brave. Wasn't the original run just 25 dates anyway? I could understand if she had a 100 date world tour that she hated but she couldn't do this small amount and then decided to put together another better show one day that was what she wanted? If she wanted audience intimacy, then do a run of really small gigs in tiny venues, ones even smaller than the Vegas shows, where it's literally just her with no backdrop, sitting on a stool with a microphone. But your fans paid for the Vegas experience and that's what you have to give them. Artists can connect with their fans no matter the size of the venue, if they're feeling it. I also think that saying that the stage was too cluttered and showy is leading up to a great way to explain away why the rescheduled dates are going to perhaps be very stripped down. Because we were questioning what elaborate stage layout was taking so long and that there would be questions if the new shows had a basic set-up.

I hope Adele realises that she's got very infamous for cancelling at this point, this one being the most infamous of them all. She's set a precedent here. This means if she has to cancel any of these upcoming shows for whatever reason, it'll look even worse than when the average person cancels Vegas dates because she's already done this before. That's why I'm surprised she did throw the towel in completely because she's let her fans down far too many times already (her previous tour ended in 2 cancelled stadium dates totalling 200k people, remember?) and she couldn't do it again. I'm surprised that her rescheduled shows are still selling like they are. I'd be tempted to never trust someone again if they were that unreliable.

Juanlittlem
9 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Hold on, I thought she said it was purely technical issues that stopped the show from happening? That in her own words, she said "I ain't ready" and that so many of her staff had come down with Covid? Now it's a case of it was ready and she just didn't like how the stage set-up had all come together and didn't provide the audience connection she wanted?

to kill a mockingbird mic GIF

It's crazy how we've had the same PR spin on this nonsense over and over again, if we're told it enough times, we'll start to believe it. I'm glad to see that the public (mostly) is not having it, calling her out for the glaringly obvious fact that she would have released weeks beforehand that things weren't to her liking and that cancelling mere hours before debut was totally unprofessional. For her PR to spin this as a brave decision is mindblowing. To be brave would be to accept that this show didn't come to fruition to your liking but that nevertheless, your fans have spend a lot of money and time to come out to see you and that you can't let them down. But to abandon your commitments because you just didn't like how the artistic vision came together is the exact opposite of brave. Wasn't the original run just 25 dates anyway? I could understand if she had a 100 date world tour that she hated but she couldn't do this small amount and then decided to put together another better show one day that was what she wanted? If she wanted audience intimacy, then do a run of really small gigs in tiny venues, ones even smaller than the Vegas shows, where it's literally just her with no backdrop, sitting on a stool with a microphone. But your fans paid for the Vegas experience and that's what you have to give them. Artists can connect with their fans no matter the size of the venue, if they're feeling it. I also think that saying that the stage was too cluttered and showy is leading up to a great way to explain away why the rescheduled dates are going to perhaps be very stripped down. Because we were questioning what elaborate stage layout was taking so long and that there would be questions if the new shows had a basic set-up.

I hope Adele realises that she's got very infamous for cancelling at this point, this one being the most infamous of them all. She's set a precedent here. This means if she has to cancel any of these upcoming shows for whatever reason, it'll look even worse than when the average person cancels Vegas dates because she's already done this before. That's why I'm surprised she did throw the towel in completely because she's let her fans down far too many times already (her previous tour ended in 2 cancelled stadium dates totalling 200k people, remember?) and she couldn't do it again. I'm surprised that her rescheduled shows are still selling like they are. I'd be tempted to never trust someone again if they were that unreliable.

People won't cancel Adele for this, she released tickets for the new dates and they were sold out on presale (apparently they put ALL the tickets on sale during the presale) 

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Archived