💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Pitchfork reviews 'ARTPOP' with 7.3 score

Brainiac

Featured Posts

Brainiac

"Each Sunday, Pitchfork takes an in-depth look at a significant album from the past, and any record not in our archives is eligible. Today, we revisit Lady Gaga’s most divisive and conceptually ambitious album."

They give the album a 7.3!

Read the full review here: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/lady-gaga-ARTPOP/?mbid=social_twitter&utm_brand=p4k&utm_medium=social&utm_social-type=owned&utm_source=twitter

• Brainiac changed the title to Pitchfork reviews 'ARTPOP' with 7.3 score
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorcerer

Y'all can say that Pitchfork are harsh and they sometimes give odd scores that do not relate to the writeup, but their reviews are particularly well-researched and detailed. This is no exception.

I love how they quoted some interviews from the past that revealed Gaga's dark time during the making of ARTPOP, which in some ways reflected some of the missteps in the album.

BARKDANGER

When Gaga tweeted about ARTPOP “THIS IS THE ALBUM OF THE MILLENNIUM!!!!!!!!!!!! :)”. She wasn’t playing. We and the GP just have 1000 years to realize and analyze. It is and will always be the moment. :vegas:

“I’m on the edge of glory…”

Space Cowboy

Your Aura is from Venus miss Mary Jane Holland, and those Sexxx Dreams of Donatella make me want a MANiCURE! G.U.Y. I lied about your ARTPOP meaning anything. Oh what a Gypsy hey!! Do What U Want with the Jewels N’ Drugs you Dope!!! Fashion! Now give me your Applause you little Swine :bye:

ELECTROHEART

I don't know another album that has been more commented in the modern pop era during 10 years than ARTPOP. This album is ICONIC and we love. My gay a$$ is ready for re-release + act ii :flower:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Kim Petrus

Finally ! It was actually the only Gaga album they never reviewed. In the Pop Pantheon podcast episode about Gaga music journalist Lindsay Zoladz explained she was the one having to review ARTPOP but she had the flu this week, and nobody else wanted to review it :messga:

4 minutes ago, Admin said:

If they gave ARTPOP a 7.3, they need to revisit Chromatica and give it a 15

ARTPOP is better than Chromatica though

Starmie25

I'll never understand the sheer amount of hate this album gets (minus dwyw).

It's full of absolute bangers coated in that hyperactive electro coat which is sadly missing from the mainstream charts these days.

Yes its aged, but that's like majority of the music world despite what many die hard stans say

Honestly though tracks like "MANiCURe", Jewels", "Aura", "Sexxx Dreams", "ARTPOP" could easily be released this day and age. 

Fingers crossed we recieve a 10th anniversary release or surprise EP of Act II demos.

Space Cowboy
7 minutes ago, Admin said:

If they gave ARTPOP a 7.3, they need to revisit Chromatica and give it a 15

Oh you silly Swine! Why should they?

Future Lovers
1 hour ago, Sorceress said:

they sometimes give odd scores that do not relate to the writeup,

Well that is true. The score is an average of several different people's ratings of an album, but the write up of the review itself is written by only one person. Many times the review will be harsher than the score or vice versa and it's because they don't do it as the author scores the album

Archived