Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Pitchfork reviews 'ARTPOP' with 7.3 score

Brainiac

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

chARTdr(P)OP… being framed as equivalent to or better than Chromatica…

i-am-disgusted-outraged.gif

This ended Midfork for me bye ☠️

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you bashing ARTPOP really need to stop selling your opinions as facts. It’s really not a good look :kiss:

The best example, that ARTPOP is not as bad, is, that when critics critiqued the music and not her persona and „pretentiousness“, the reviews where more on the  positive side. 

I do have to admit that there are some songs on the album that are just not listenable anymore. But that goes with every album of hers..

ARTPOPFrankenstein

Just noticed that the Dolby atoms version of aura on Apple Music no longer has the demo vocals 😭😭😭

SevenWonder

I loved ARTPOP when it came out. Still do. But Chromatica is clearly the stronger album. It doesn't have quite the highs of ARTPOP (though that's debatable for sure), but it has no true lows or skips. ARTPOP can't say that. 

But that's just me. 

PussOfYonce
12 hours ago, monketsharona said:

The fact press is almost admitting they followed the trend of trashing Gaga back in the day just because it was... a trend :enigma:

I hope Gaga has some plans to re-release ARTPOP for 10th anniversary with few additional unreleased tracks. 

when brooklyn nights is the album closer on the re-release>>>>>>>>>>>> :nooo:

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

Gagaplayer315

They really had all the ARTPOP haters pressed in this thread :billie:

4 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

chARTdr(P)OP… being framed as equivalent to or better than Chromatica…

This ended Midfork for me bye ☠️

ARTPOP was the second highest selling female album of 2013 according to IFPI. Chromatica? 404 Error 

PartySick
13 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Still think ARTPOP would be a lot better if produced by other producers and bit more 'polished' and less overproduced in some parts. And some collabs were... a choice. 

Still a pop / EDM treasure imo. I hope she'll fin da way to add few more songs from the vault next year for anniversary

Meh, one of my biggest criticisms of Chromatica is how boring the production is. ARTPOP is loud and messy in places but I think it works better that way :flutter:

Playing with conceptual pain told through twisted lyrics and exciting sounds. You have to dissect it, see the allusions, get the metaphors. There's songs about insecurity, shallowness, drug abuse, sexual assault, identity crises, romance and love making, the media, and vanity. The music has to find a space to live inside of you for you to really understand it though.

While Chromatica is very...straightforward. Besides Enigma, there's not much word play and the lyrics are much less intelligent and creative. The production is objectively more clean but that hurts it imo. It's one song after another solely about depression being plainly stated with the same club beats again and again. And it cheapens the experience.

You listen to Chromatica, and it's a great album, but you FEEL ARTPOP. It's...an experience :flutter: it's the album that made me a stan, after all. And that's why Chromatica's older sister remains vastly superior :gayhat:

🖤

12 hours ago, KORG said:

Actually  the lyrics, hooks, themes, absurdity, danceability & let's face it.. quality.. ARTPOP is better than both Chromatica & Joanne. 

I disagree about Joanne, but I agree that ARTPOP is lyrically more interesting than Chromatica and imo better vocally overall as well

Yes, Chromatica is cohesive, but tbh that is not very important to me

PartySick
Just now, PartySick said:

Meh, one of my biggest criticisms of Chromatica is how boring the production is. ARTPOP is loud and messy in places but I think it works better that way :flutter:

Playing with conceptual pain told through twisted lyrics and exciting sounds. You have to dissect it, see the allusions, get the metaphors. There's songs about insecurity, shallowness, drug abuse, sexual assault, identity crises, romance and love making, the media, and vanity. The music has to find a space to live inside of you for you to really understand it though.

While Chromatica is very...straightforward. Besides Enigma, there's not much word play and the lyrics are much less intelligent and creative. The production is objectively more clean but that hurts it imo. It's one song after another solely about depression being plainly stated with the same club beats again and again. And it cheapens the experience.

You listen to Chromatica, and it's a great album, but you FEEL ARTPOP. It's...an experience :flutter: it's the album that made me a stan, after all. And that's why Chromatica's older sister remains vastly superior :gayhat:

And I know one of the biggest criticisms of ARTPOP is the recycled production but honestly Idec about the sources. It works on the final product, that's what matters :legend:

Aura was taken to a space that it could have never reached thanks to Gaga laying her heart on top of it.

Donatella is an entertaining and revealing look inside Gaga's ideas of fame and pretentious bitches with hearts of gold :flutter:

Mary Jane Holland...do I even need to say anything?! :grr:

ARTPOP SUPREMACY :legend:

🖤

PartySick
Just now, Ivy said:

Yes, Chromatica is cohesive, but tbh that is not very important to me

Cohesiveness is overrated. Albums are more entertaining when they don't sound like the same song being played again and again :music:

🖤

Archived