Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Pitchfork reviews 'ARTPOP' with 7.3 score

Brainiac

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARTPOP's mixing is objectively better than chromatica.

Actually  the lyrics, hooks, themes, absurdity, danceability & let's face it.. quality.. ARTPOP is better than both Chromatica & Joanne. 

People love to trash the album but when it gets down to it  they can never explain why with the music itself. The only album that comes close to ARTPOP in quality is TFM & most if the love for that is through glory-supporting because of its success.

Ring metacritic, this is the true pop emergency!

Admin
6 minutes ago, KORG said:

It really is not. Chromatica is produced, engineered, and mixed flawlessly.

Just now, Admin said:

It really is not

I'll meet you in the parking lot & we can find out :patrizia:

It really says something when chromatica's best tracks have the least Gaga on them :trollga:

HIM820
25 minutes ago, Admin said:

It really is not. Chromatica is produced, engineered, and mixed flawlessly.

I actually agree. At times I find parts of ARTPOP grating to my ears but not necessarily because of the songs but rather the mixing and engineering. 

They even reference Chromatica being  a more polished album in this review.

skedaddleBItCh
16 minutes ago, KORG said:

Chromatica has the best mixing out of all of her albums wtf are you talking about:air: You guys will literally make up everything just to hate on Chromatica.

OT: Good for ARTPOP, highly underrated during its time

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

LilyLark
2 hours ago, Staryu17 said:

I'll never understand the sheer amount of hate this album gets (minus dwyw).

It's full of absolute bangers coated in that hyperactive electro coat which is sadly missing from the mainstream charts these days.

Yes its aged, but that's like majority of the music world despite what many die hard stans say

Honestly though tracks like "MANiCURe", Jewels", "Aura", "Sexxx Dreams", "ARTPOP" could easily be released this day and age. 

Fingers crossed we recieve a 10th anniversary release or surprise EP of Act II demos.

The album is flawed, imo, but didn't deserve the hate at all. And for all its flaws, it is fun and interesting...I will take flawed but interesting over boring and unimaginative any day of the week.

monketsharona
26 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

The album is flawed, imo, but didn't deserve the hate at all. And for all its flaws, it is fun and interesting...I will take flawed but interesting over boring and unimaginative any day of the week.

True.

Just my opinion but I feel like ARTPOP would have been even better produced & mixed if she would have continued the production even further with Pardon My French producers (DJ Snake, Tchami, Mercer..). And add 1-2 songs produced by RedOne / Garibay who also were involved in the early work. 

Not sure DJWS was her best influence in terms of production and creative mind imo. Most of the messy collabs from ARTPOP are his ideas tbh :enigma:

The Z
15 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

True.

Just my opinion but I feel like ARTPOP would have been even better produced & mixed if she would have continued the production even further with Pardon My French producers (DJ Snake, Tchami, Mercer..). And add 1-2 songs produced by RedOne / Garibay who also were involved in the early work. 

Not sure DJWS was her best influence in terms of production and creative mind imo. Most of the messy collabs from ARTPOP are his ideas tbh :enigma:

Gaga herself is responsable for who she collaborated with

1 hour ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

Chromatica has the best mixing out of all of her albums wtf are you talking about:air: You guys will literally make up everything just to hate on Chromatica.

OT: Good for ARTPOP, highly underrated during its time

I like chromatica alot, but let's not pretend the instrumentals aren't a bit muted, especially the drums. Takes away all the punch. It's why the Free Woman demo & Free Woman ft Rina Sawayama go harder.

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Dead body said:

Gaga herself is responsable for who she collaborated with

hum DJWS said himself he sent the DWUW demo to R.Kelly for him to try to make a part on it. Azealia also said it was her producer who made them in contact. 

And Too Short and Twista are some of his best friends / regular collaborators. 

Most of Gaga's collabs are actually a lot driven by her producers : Colby O'Donis being part of Just Dance because of his links with RedOne and Akon (he had to replace Akon on it because of some legal issues). Florence being a Mark Ronson close friend and being on Hey Girl. Elton x Gaga was the idea of Axwell who worked on an old demo for Elton with Swedish House Mafia. Beyoncé being a regular Darkchild collaborator at the time and Destiny's Child time. And so on... 

NATAH
2 hours ago, KORG said:

Actually  the lyrics, hooks, themes, absurdity, danceability & let's face it.. quality.. ARTPOP is better than both Chromatica & Joanne. 

People love to trash the album but when it gets down to it  they can never explain why with the music itself. The only album that comes close to ARTPOP in quality is TFM & most if the love for that is through glory-supporting because of its success.

Ring metacritic, this is the true pop emergency!

Gypsy is genuinley painful to listen to at loud volumes, like actually hurts my ears :poot:

and this has been an issue across multiple devices and earphones :poot:

mother, what must i do?

Archived