Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Mattel Inc. Sues Rap Snacks Over Nicki Minaj' Barbie Branded Chips

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Mattel Inc sued the maker of Rap Snacks in Los Angeles federal court Thursday, alleging its Nicki Minaj-branded "Barbie-Que Honey Truffle" potato chips violate Mattel's trademark rights in the famous Barbie doll.

Mattel said it never gave Rap Snacks Inc permission to use its trademarks. The toy maker asked the court for an order blocking Rap Snacks from using the "Barbie" name, as well as money damages including profits from "Barbie-Que" sales.

Mattel told the court that Rap Snacks' Minaj-branded "Barbie-Que" chips, launched in June, create customer confusion and a false association with the "Barbie" brand.

"The association is so evident that upon seeing the packaging, representatives for Defendant's celebrity partner queried whether Rap Snacks had obtained permission from Mattel," the lawsuit said. "Indeed, Rap Snacks never requested or received any such permission."

Mattel also said it sells its own snack foods under the "Barbie" name, which increases the risk of confusion.

The company said Rap Snacks refused to stop using the name or "correct the misimpressions it foisted on the public," and that it sued "as a last resort."

https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/nicki-minaj-barbie-que-chip-maker-hit-with-mattel-trademark-lawsuit-2022-08-12/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Borisapillar

a bit of a reach ur honor :partysick:

edit: oh damn they literally used the logo, never mind 

FATCAT
40 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Mattel also said it sells its own snack foods under the "Barbie" name, which increases the risk of confusion.

This is why they'll win.

Purr more, hiss less.

BARKDANGER
28 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Not me thinking this was Trixie vs Nicki 

Trixie Mattel Yes GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I thought the same thing! I was like Trixie let’s not start a fight with the OG barb. Her fan will burn your motel down.  :trollga:

“I’m on the edge of glory…”

BlingNotTheMusic
4 minutes ago, BARKDANGER said:

I thought the same thing! I was like Trixie let’s not start a fight with the OG barb. Her fan will burn your motel down.  :trollga:

YASSSS did you watch the show?!

BARKDANGER
7 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

YASSSS did you watch the show?!

Unfortunately I did not. 😔. I can’t bring myself to purchase Discovery Plus. Theses steaming platforms are really coming for our coins. Trifling. 

BlingNotTheMusic
8 minutes ago, BARKDANGER said:

Unfortunately I did not. 😔. I can’t bring myself to purchase Discovery Plus. Theses steaming platforms are really coming for our coins. Trifling. 

HENNY just do the 1wk free trial! We watched all of Trixie Motel and one episode of Conjuring Kesha :huntyga:

AURAOFSHEISSE
57 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Not me thinking this was Trixie vs Nicki 

Trixie Mattel Yes GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Mattel vs. MinajSteve Harvey Lol GIF by ABC Network

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

BARKDANGER
3 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

HENNY just do the 1wk free trial! We watched all of Trixie Motel and one episode of Conjuring Kesha :huntyga:

Running to get that free trial I didn’t know was offered. Thanks for the heads up! 

Run Running GIF

Reject False Icons

Mattel has done that before numerous times and they will always do that again, why they thought they were the exception, also what a lack of profesionality of the company to falsely claim they asked for permission

badfaith
1 hour ago, BARKDANGER said:

Watched it on soap2they and enjoyed the show every week :vegas: for free :river:

Regina George
2 hours ago, Borisapillar said:

a bit of a reach ur honor :partysick:

How is it a reach when she literally used their branding? :bear: They have absolutely every right to sue her 

ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

HENNY just do the 1wk free trial! We watched all of Trixie Motel and the whole season of Conjuring Kesha :huntyga:

Fixed it for you, luv!

Archived