Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Hold My Hand: Has it grown on you?

Vicks

Featured Posts

Future Lovers
5 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

I can think of far worse songs she’s released…

I didn't say it was her worst, I just said it's her most disappointing because it could've been great. I agree, she has worse songs, but they didn't disappointment me because they had such little potential to start with. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fresco

Has it grown on me? I always liked it. It's really good in the score and end of the movie.  A beautiful sentiment. Beautiful vocal. The melody is rather choppy for a tender yet hardcore jets ballad, which makes it different from other ballads.  The lyrics may or may not be anyone's favorite with mention of heaven/God. The movie should be promo enough for it, idk. I'll probably always like it the most in the context of the movie. The video had that awesome jet flyby too tho. And she looks good in a flight jacket and tank top too. 

:vegas: 

Future Lovers
10 hours ago, Vincem said:

I really enjoy the Chromatica Ball live. It's more rock than the movie version. I love the melody, but maaaan I hate the original production. It's really boring. The song itself has the stadium anthem power tho. I found this version recently and am OBSESSED with it.

This sounds really cool! 

However could whoever made the visual not have photoshopped the skin color too so it doesn't look like Gaga in blackface :laughga:

hpmcmill

Haven’t listened to studio version in a long time, but it’s amazing at the Chromatica Ball— such a great encore. So kinda weird in that I only like it live.

Lextyr97

Most people are absolutely not leaving TCB early because they don't like Hold My Hand lmao it's common at every concert to start leaving at the encore. Happened at JWT, happened when I saw Taylor, happened last week with Santana, happened during On The Run 2 (which I was pissed about since APESHIT was the best duo song)

I already liked it when it first came out, then listened to it too much and grew a bit tired of it. And now I've been listening to the TCB version again and I definitely like the live version better.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to say what feels off about the studio version by now but I still wish we had gotten whatever version it was they played at the premiere as well. I was listening to a piano arrangement and thought it sounded absolutely beautiful and now I feel like some of that just got lost in the production.

Cavadour

Absolutely. But it really grew on me with TCB. The live version, as it almost always does with other songs, adds a rock flair to it. It's heavier, more heartfelt. I really loved it that way from day one.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

gaga4lifer

was perfect to me the first time i listened

Ora et labora, Deus adest sine mora

ProfessionalClown

It was made to be performed at a stadium. The live performance is one of the highlights of the chromatica ball. 

Archived