opinion

Hold My Hand: Has it grown on you?

Vicks

Featured Posts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Controversiaga

No, it doesn’t feel like a lady Gaga song to me.

it was stuck in my head for a little bit after chromatica ball , but no interest to listen to it ever on my own free will.

I prefer songs like Alice, heavy metal lover, Alejandro.  When I think of lady Gaga as a musician, those are the songs I think of and prefer to listen to.

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

ImMatt

YES! The song is amazing for me...

Besides,if we want Gaga to do a rock album, this song could be in the vane of what we get. Its rock but just enough pop in there to keep the PopGa fans happy.

Spoiler

Having it close the Chromatica Ball was perfect. Genuinely one of the highlights on the night for me, seeing Gaga rock out with the band and the flames. It took the song to a new level.

Honestly, it really did.

I wasn't a big fan of it at first. I acknowledged the vocal bombast (the final minute is stunning), but outside of that it really fell flat to me. Plus, the lack of her doing... well, anything about it really made my interest drop quick. Like real quick.

But somewhere in the last month or so, it kind of clicked? It's super corny, but in a manner that makes sense as a soundtrack song written as a spiritual successor to Take My Breath Away. I think I get it now.

3 points in and ready for more

I kind of wish she did something with it, though. An additional filmed performance, a late night show (especially in Europe)- like, anything. But I've learned not to expect that much from her on that end, anymore (not a read, just the truth).

Morphine Prince

No. 

It’s not a hit - I even got harassed by Admin here but time is the ultimate truth teller :staymad:

The song is good but nothing special. I haven’t listened to it since its initial release. 

The production doesn’t sit right with me and looks like the public agrees. 

It is attached to the biggest movie of the year, in fact of MANY years and still didn’t manage to take off. 

2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

No. 

It’s not a hit - I even got harassed by Admin here but time is the ultimate truth teller :staymad:

The song is good but nothing special. I haven’t listened to it since its initial release. 

The production doesn’t sit right with me and looks like the public agrees. 

It is attached to the biggest movie of the year, in fact of MANY years and still didn’t manage to take off. 

With regards to production, I'm always tempted to err on the side of "I wish BloodPop didn't work on the song!", but I know that's kind of unfair.

But I think of some of the songs Gaga has solo/primarily produced, and I wonder if things could have been different if she did this on her own.

chromaticainmyhead

the song itself is phenomenal but it's sad it doesn't do much for the fandom. If it got proper promo and placement in an album it'd be more liked maybe?

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

BradleyCooper

I wish I could say I fell in love, but it's still one of my least favorites :bradley: A bit too melodramatic for my taste, but I think that was the intention. 

ChicaSkas
5 hours ago, Vincem said:

I really enjoy the Chromatica Ball live. It's more rock than the movie version. I love the melody, but maaaan I hate the original production. It's really boring. The song itself has the stadium anthem power tho. I found this version recently and am OBSESSED with it.

@danbekim

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

James Gibson

I always liked it but now im loving more and more. I'll agree with others who said she did something more with it like a recorded performance with a concept or a music video with only her and no film scenes, drop an orchestral version. All to add more faces of the song like she used to do in the old days but I shouldn't expect anymore.

But i also adore chromatica so also wouldnt complain if she performed all songs of the album in its tour ofc.

tylerjs

I loved it the moment I listened to it and it’s remained one of my favorite Gaga songs thus far. It’s criminally underrated imo

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Archived