Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will the Chromatica Ball be filmed?

whoresup

Featured Posts

elijahfan
54 minutes ago, KORG said:

Haha she hasn't really ever promoted that because she gets paid regardless.

The only way I can see her doing it is if it's tied in with haus labs in some way but I don't think they want so much crosspromotion.

In what world does a tour special need to be tied to something else? I really am the first one on here to try and not get needlessly delusional, but honestly I think you're being way too pessimistic about this and your arguments don't really make much sense. I guess we'll see.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
44 minutes ago, Vicks said:

I mean do we really need it? LauiiiiHD has already done a fantastic job :billie:

I mean, if you enjoy watermarked footage and non-stop close-ups, yeah I guess it does the trick.

elijahfan
5 hours ago, darkgaga said:

Who knows. Maybe they will use all the screen footage?

If it was that simple, we'd have a BTWBall and Joanne World Tour DVD.

3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

In what world does a tour special need to be tied to something else? I really am the first one on here to try and not get needlessly delusional, but honestly I think you're being way too pessimistic about this and your arguments don't really make much sense. I guess we'll see.

In the business world. They're unlikely to invest into making a tour dvd as some kind of gift. They've pretty much done that with Dawn of Chromatica & the Japanese release. 

Return on investment.

They also (live nation & interscope) don't want this era dragging out past its sellby date causing overexposure like we got with the flow from TMB>BTWB which lead directly to the ARTPOP appetite not being there.

It's not so much "why not" and it's more "why bother?".

elijahfan
4 hours ago, KORG said:

Yeah the daylight was not good. That's only really good for singalong acts at festivals tbh.

Another reason why tottenham was a crap slap of a venue: no roof. Add that to the list of why she should never go back.

I mean this was conceived as a summer stadium tour, and most stadiums don't have a roof, so I'm fairly sure they've anticipated it. I admit I was a little worried when I attended the Paris show, but it really wasn't bothering in the end.

darkgaga
4 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

If it was that simple, we'd have a BTWBall and Joanne World Tour DVD.

Well the screens and the filming POV are way better at this tour compared to the BTWB and JWT

Just now, elijahfan said:

I mean this was conceived as a summer stadium tour, and most stadiums don't have a roof, so I'm fairly sure they've anticipated it. I admit I was a little worried when I attended the Paris show, but it really wasn't bothering in the end.

I was at london2 and it was a particularly bright & humid day. I've seen her loads regardless but in the dark you get lights which is always better imo.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, KORG said:

In the business world. They're unlikely to invest into making a tour dvd as some kind of gift. They've pretty much done that with Dawn of Chromatica & the Japanese release. 

Return on investment.

They also (live nation & interscope) don't want this era dragging out past its sellby date causing overexposure like we got with the flow from TMB>BTWB which lead directly to the ARTPOP appetite not being there.

It's not so much "why not" and it's more "why bother?".

If we're being realistic, LG7 isn't coming out anytime soon so there's little chance a DVD would overlap with an oncoming era. Like others pointed out, the appetite is there, and new live footage from Gaga is absolutely long overdue, I have no idea why you're so convinced there would be a return on investment issue.

The reality is she's selling out stadiums between 40 to 76,000 seats capacity more than two years after the release of the record, and you want us to believe Interscope is wondering "why bother?" :ladyhaha:

elijahfan
4 minutes ago, KORG said:

I was at london2 and it was a particularly bright & humid day. I've seen her loads regardless but in the dark you get lights which is always better imo.

I agree a pitch-black room is better for the effects, but you also can't reproduce a stadium atmosphere in an arena. I guess you can't have it all. I personally found it didn't bother me.

3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

If we're being realistic, LG7 isn't coming out anytime soon so there's little chance a DVD would overlap with an oncoming era. Like others pointed out, the appetite is there, and new live footage from Gaga is absolutely long overdue, I have no idea why you're so convinced there would be a return on investment issue.

The reality is she's selling out stadiums between 40 to 76,000 seats capacity more than two years after the release of the record, and you want us to believe Interscope is wondering "why bother?" :ladyhaha:

Shes selling out these venues due to a short tour. Alot of die-hards are travelling when they wouldn't have for a your that had more dates.

A dvd release, to be profitable, would need sales. The sales & promo for it would take up time. That would mean the release would be towards the end of the year when the buzz is gone. Its just not how business is conducted, you need rest gaps for the fans & public.

elijahfan
7 minutes ago, darkgaga said:

Well the screens and the filming POV are way better at this tour compared to the BTWB and JWT

That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that this equipment is designed specifically for stage screens. Technically, every major show Gaga has ever played has been recorded and stored somewhere. To make a DVD or a live special, a whole different set of recording equipment is required.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, KORG said:

Shes selling out these venues due to a short tour. Alot of die-hards are travelling when they wouldn't have for a your that had more dates.

A dvd release, to be profitable, would need sales. The sales & promo for it would take up time. That would mean the release would be towards the end of the year when the buzz is gone. Its just not how business is conducted, you need rest gaps for the fans & public.

Once again, after two years and arguably very little promo, do you feel like the buzz is gone? It's not 2013 anymore, babe.

Chewing Gum Tour GIF

Just now, elijahfan said:

Once again, after two years and arguably very little promo, do you feel like the buzz is gone? It's not 2013 anymore, babe.

Chewing Gum Tour GIF

Buzz to see her live, to see her perform these songs for the first and last time ever on a very limited tour? No. Its mostly diehards.

The buzz to buy a DVD of a tour from the past summer promoting an album from 2020 enough to generate a profit? Absolutely not. Gone. They'd sell 16 copies.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, KORG said:

Buzz to see her live, to see her perform these songs for the first and last time ever on a very limited tour? No. Its mostly diehards.

The buzz to buy a DVD of a tour from the past summer promoting an album from 2020 enough to generate a profit? Absolutely not. Gone. They'd sell 16 copies.

If there are enough diehards to sell out stadiums, asserting she'd sell 16 copies is a little hypocritical.

I've seen delusion on GGD, but negative delusion, that's a first :oops:

pachinko
9 hours ago, RudraCNG said:

I don't think so. Sure, there's still the Tokyo date, but if they wanted to film it I think they'd have chosen London, idk why. This makes me so angry tbh... So few dates and locations and they decide not to film it so everyone is able to experience it.

Why wouldn’t they have chosen her hometown of East Rutherford? 

Archived