💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

chromatica ball/chromatica world not cohesive

lolitamuse

Featured Posts

Schwerk

That's interesting to me, cause to me it was so clear when I first saw it and the songs fit the story so well. I was so impressed by this because she usually leans heavily on theatre to tell the story (Monster Ball, BTW ball, Enigma) acting it out, with I usually love, but this didn't work for Enigma at all to me.

hausgrande-gaga.gif

I'm glad she was less obvious about it. This is in short how I interpret it:

- first she is a popstar being overworked, performing all the hits, in pain, going through the motions, almost robotic, at the end she collapses.

- She is hospitalized, examined on a table and dealing with both her physical and mental pain. (Replay, 911) Even a song like Monster is about sexual abuse fits this narrative, since that is a root of her trauma and pain.

- She is flowering, opening up, owning and exploring her sexuality (Sour Candy, Lovegame), getting lifted up by her gay family (Babylon) becoming a Free woman.

- supported by her monsters she can be her true self and fully accepted, even in a 'crazy' costume, we as fans understand and comfort her. (Piano segment, BTW) She can be herself and share her feelings with her fans. Enigma to me is a song about that moment before she goes on stage and looks into the crowd of strangers. She is the goddess that will come down from the sky and an Enigma to them because on the one hand she is a goddess to the crowd, but on the other hand a friend. This is like a love song about her little monsters, the perfect environment for her to shine, the perfect exchange of passion and love.

- The sonnet desribes her view on what it means to be an artist. Freed from her physical pain, and having worked through her mental pain, she now can be the true popstar she couldn't be at the start of the show and enter Chromatica. This shows in the pure joy that is Stupid Love, the washing away the pain with Rain on Me and finally she asks us to join her with Hold my Hand.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chromaticainmyhead

I also was and still am very overwhelmed by the tour aesthetic and asked myself how this all connects to Chromatica and the theme it represents by the visuals we knew. Right now I'm 1000% sure she had this idea about brutalism already during the process of creating the album. We had visuals that indicated a similar aesthetic already early on for example from the Paper Magazine that could quite literally be put into the TCB.

I feel like she wanted to show the world what her conclusio of Chromatica is to her by starting off with Stupid Love that could either be a really bland pop song which those who are not vigilant will see it as but can also be interpreted as a daring oberservation of the world by a woman trying to speak to us (the people that listen to her) what the antidote for the problem in the world is.. It's like an ultimate statement at the end of a long search how she makes sense of the world. From then she rewinds her journey to show us what she needed to go through to reach Chromatica. It's like a procession where Jesus's journey to his higher form is portrayed. At least imo I find the visuals from the tour nearer to the 911 video than anything else from Chromatica which made me think there is a linear movement of story telling. From SL- ROM - 911 and then Babylon that is not also the also tue beginning (for the TCB) but also where Chromatica ends (for the album). 
It's what her tours have always been. A ball, a theatrical place of celebrating like being in a ballroom where different acts tell a story.. I think the stage makes perfectly sense but it's very enigmatic and confusing but again, that's probably what she wanted it to be, she's an enigma

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

ELECTROHEART

Yes.

Because Chromatica era ended in 2020, now we are in the Chromatica Ball era which is totally different :vegas:

On december we join the Joker 2 era :flower:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

HermioneT
14 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Maybe y’all need to drop your expectations of “what chromatica is” since the creator of chromatica is showing us what it actually is:/

:applause: 

We naturally all had our expectations, but after all it's her work and her vision and no-one knows better what Chromatica is meant to be than her. An well, if she changed the concept, visuals ...along her journey on and to Chromatica (what seems likely looking at Stupid love visuals) it's what she had to do. 

I personally also think that the ROM video aesthetic isn't so much different to the overall aesthetics of TCB if one looks at more the costumes.

She / hers

SimonBaetens

I completely disagree. To me, Chromatica's initial aesthetic was very hit or miss. For example I LOVE the album art but I really don't like the Stupid Love video, it is very childish to me all those bright colors and 200Os raver vibes meets pinterest mom were  not my cup of tea. Rain On Me video was more my taste but still a bit generic. 911 video was a dream to me, unexpected and coherent. To me, making an album doesn't imply that everything needs to be the same style. For example the VMA performance felt a bit try hard to me in terms of making it fit the Chromatica 'look', I am much more interested in seeing Gaga's taste evolve than her trying to stick to one defined and premeditated look.

As for the tour, I think it is becoming my favorite of hers. To me it combines the aesthetics of the The Monster Ball in the videos (CBT has some of her best interludes to date imo) with the energy of artRAVE and the vocal prowess of the Joanne tour. I am so glad she isn't pushing another heavy handed storyline this time, I liked that when I saw the Monster Ball (less so with the talking head at Born This Way Ball) but I am glad her themes are more subtle and more expressed through the music this time.

Finally I want to add that Gaga made Chromatica a loooooooong time ago. It's been out for over two years and since then she has been in Haus of Gucci, released the remix album and a jazz album. I am so happy to see her revisit the album with this show (and I'm honestly just happy the tour happened at all lol) and wouldn't want to pin her down on the aesthetic of something she created years ago.

Controversiaga

I think the chromatica ball visuals are superior to 2020 chromatica album visuals.

the tour feels mature and elegant, classy and dark . Clean and polished. And sophisticated 

2020 chromatica looks were something else , they felt very campy, distracting, unflattering and a little messy :/ imo 

lady-gaga-beats1-e1597340881965.jpeg

00_story.jpg

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Archived