Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify Testing New Website That'll Sell Concert Tix Directly To Fans

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Spotify’s latest expansion into the world of live music will see the streaming service selling tickets directly to fans, rather than just linking to external ticketing firms.

For now, this is strictly a test rather than a full commercial launch.

Spotify is trialling a new site in the US that allows fans to buy concert tickets directly from the company.

As Music Ally reports, the trial site, titled Spotify Tickets, launched yesterday (10 August), and allows fans to buy tickets to live music events directly through the site without using external ticketing companies.

Spotify Tickets is only available in the US for now, and the first artists included on the site are Annie DiRusso, Tokimonsta, Osees, Dirty Honey, Limbeck, Crows and Four Years Strong.

If Spotify can also become one of the ways artists ensure their tickets go to genuine fans rather than touts – resales are not allowed in the test – that could also be positive. And in this case, Spotify has the data to prove whether ticket buyers are genuine fans: their listening history.

Important caveat: there’s no suggestion at this point that Spotify will use this data as a barrier to purchase, in a ‘you can’t buy this artist’s pre-sale ticket because you haven’t streamed them enough’ way.

A spokesperson told Music Ally, "At Spotify, we routinely test new products and ideas to improve our user experience. Some of those end up paving the path for our broader user experience and others serve only as important learnings."

They added, "Tickets.spotify.com is our latest test. We have no further news to share on future plans at this time."

Visit tickets.spotify.com for more information.

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/spotify-testing-new-site-that-sells-concert-tickets-directly-to-fans

https://musically.com/2022/08/09/spotify-tickets-direct-sales-fans/

This can be groundbreaking if works! :woohoo:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Shipper

Hopefully they find a way to prevent people buying too much tickets and reselling them for triple the price after. :grr:Those scalpers use bots to buy tickets and resell them to the real fans.

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

gumzy3000

Good. The ticket marketplace needs more competition. The amount of times I have had horrible service from Ticketmaster and StubHub is too much and I want more ticket providers! 

trolly troll troll

ProfessionalClown

See this is the kinda stuff I can get behind. This is a really cool idea and honestly could def be a huge rival against the main companies.

Debithius

You know what's funny, despite being a Swedish company, they pay Sweden dust with these new features to be tested on. Either way, I love this idea.

If they're gonna test it on different continent every few months like they did with the lyrics feature (USA first, then Asia, Europe loooooong time after them) so Europeans will can start ordering tickets by 2045 :selena:

thisguyN

Imagine it become a venue for indie / independent artists to organize their own music nights and sell their own tickets without the middlemen,  bureaucracy, big planning. Easy as opening Instagram live. It could change the whole game for musicians.

Nathan

I like the idea, I would like Apple Music to do the same tbh. I trust Spotify even less then Ticketmaster :vegas:

TortureMeOnReplay

I wondered for years why they didn't do this. At the time they were already displaying an artist's performance schedules, why not actually get a check for the click through on that?

TortureMeOnReplay
4 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

Good. The ticket marketplace needs more competition. The amount of times I have had horrible service from Ticketmaster and StubHub is too much and I want more ticket providers! 

I doubt that they would compete with Ticketmaster as they're part of Live nation and actually finance and plan these tours. Unless Spotify started planning and financing tours as well I don't see them doing that. This feels more like a clothing retailer selling it's clothes on Amazon as well as it's own site. 

Archived