Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga’s Salary for Joker 2 Revealed

JustinLovesGaga

Featured Posts

Economy
24 minutes ago, Shipper said:

She is paid a reasonable amount and I am glad she isnt money hungry and want a higher salary. I feel like it would negatively impact her if she earns the same as the title actor. Yes she will bring in fans and supporters but I feel like she would take this role because it is meant for her and not because of the money.

I also feel like since music (and now her makeup brands) makes a lot more money than acting anyway...

She is better off asking for less money if it increases her chances of getting a big role because her roles there help keep her relevant which helps spill over into the rest of her career and she will make more money there than in acting anyway 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Illuminati

I think returning actors always get paid more than new casts cause they have more leverage to negotiate, there wouldn't be a sequel without him.

He carried the massive success of the first movie alone so he deserves it. :applause:

jacs vs looser
1 hour ago, Jack3257 said:

Yes!  A Star is Born is actually a drama, not a musical.  This is because the music is part of the story, not used to tell the story.  

For a film to count as a "musical" the singing has to replace spoken dialogue (The Lion King, La La Land, Beauty & The Beast, Little Mermaid, West Side Story, Sound of Music, etc).  This is why ASIB competed in Drama at the Golden Globes instead of Musical/Comedy. 

This gave me war flashbacks to the endless threads and disputes on this site over whether ASIB was technically a musical or not. :bradley:

Really curious to see how this movie turns out, I personally loved the first. 

androiduser
2 hours ago, Jack3257 said:

She probably has a backend deal for a certain percentage of the profits on the movie.

when actors also get a certain percentage of the earnings, it is also announced as a part of their salary

MelbHawker

Wow, that’s insane. I wish her nothing but the best with this project! I mean, given Phoenix won the Oscar & the first film grossed over a billion, not surprised he’s getting $20m for the second film.

monketsharona

Well already some posts about mysoginy :enigma:

The difference maybe explained because he IS the star of the movie and she'll have less screentime than him... Just saying.

That said I'm sure she'll do the soundtrack and get those extra dollars for this as well. 

Guillaume Hamon
7 hours ago, Economy said:

I also feel like since music (and now her makeup brands) makes a lot more money than acting anyway...

I knew it was the case for her music but it's the case for her make up line too?

I thought the whole movement to Sephora was because the usual launch got kinda disappointing results?

Do we know how much she made with Haus labs?

7 hours ago, Economy said:

She is better off asking for less money if it increases her chances of getting a big role because her roles

Yes! I heard Beyoncé lost the role of ASIB cause she wanted 8 millions. Gaga probably didn't ask for much in order to get it.

monstertoronto
8 hours ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

I thought she will be getting the same 20M as Joaquin considering how much money the first movie made and how much this one will do having gaga's fanbase as a new public which is a lot, stingy

Why would she get paid the same as Joaquin “considering how much money the first one made” that she had no part of. He’s being rewarded for being mostly responsible for that movie’s success, why should Gaga get the same reward when she wasn’t in that movie? Also Joaquin actually won the Oscar for that role and that movie, which also boosted its profits.  He’s getting paid what he deserves. I love Gaga but I think she’s getting paid a fair rate for this. 

CyberRaga
8 hours ago, KillerMonster said:

I wish it were about 15mil considering she’s worth it, and more. :enigma:

Nobody is worth millions, especially these days when the working class is struggling to bring food to the table, while the rich is getting richer. 

berlinforme

10 mio is great. I suspect she might consider it rather an opportunity to get more acting acclaim and of course Joaquin Phoenix gets more as his performance majorly led to incredible success of the first movie. Aaaalso don't forget she's probaby going to make a ton of money off the soundtrack as well :vegas:

Rahrahbitchson
16 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

Why would she get paid the same as Joaquin “considering how much money the first one made” that she had no part of. He’s being rewarded for being mostly responsible for that movie’s success, why should Gaga get the same reward when she wasn’t in that movie? Also Joaquin actually won the Oscar for that role and that movie, which also boosted its profits.  He’s getting paid what he deserves. I love Gaga but I think she’s getting paid a fair rate for this. 

Because she is Lady Gaga

giphy-8.webp

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Guillaume Hamon
8 hours ago, KillerMonster said:

I wish it were about 15mil considering she’s worth it, and more. :enigma:

Isn't it the type of paycheck Angelina jolie, Halle berry, Cameron Diaz got at their peaks?

Gaga isn't as bankable as these in their heydays so 10 millions is already great for her now imo.

Now if Joker 2 make a billion as the first one... ;)

PS: I heard the huge wages upfront for actors were over and that it was now royalties on the movie benefits that were the main battle.

monstertoronto
9 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Because she is Lady Gaga

giphy-8.webp

Hollywood isn’t run by Little Managers sadly. 

Archived