Featured Posts

The BPD Monster

Wishing her good health and all the best in the world 💕 i love this woman 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Future Lovers
6 hours ago, ItalianJudas said:

Mental health is important but it really sucks promising a world tour/residence and then canceling half of the dates. So many artists are doing this nowadays... Ariana, Adele, Shawn, Justin, the list goes on and on... I know that **** may happen and life is not aways perfect but if you know you're not capable of performing for a full year then don't give your fandom false promises. Concert tickets are refundable but planes and hotels reservations are usually not. Anyways I hope she gets better :heart:

I understand and agree to a point, however I also think people underestimate just how much artists are pressured into doing things whether they’re ready to or not. 

Even the biggest artists in the world are still under a contract to people who are more powerful than they are. Label contracts are notoriously tight, intentionally confusing, and overly complicated. With that, it’s very easy for labels and management to apply pressure that people who’re outside of the situation cannot really understand. 

I have no doubt that they day in and day out have people in their ear pressuring them into doing things like touring whether they’re up for it or not because touring is primarily how money gets made. And coming off a pandemic where that whole industry shut down, I’d imagine labels are hungrier than ever to send their artists out on the road. 

The only reason these artists have been allowed to cancel is because of the era we live in. All it would take is for them to get on social media and share that they were being forced to continue despite their health and the label and management would get in trouble. Back in the day, they used to get away with it because there was no real outlet for the artists to expose and even if they did, the public’s perception of mental health would’ve made it to where most wouldn’t have taken it seriously. 

I can pretty confidently say that none of these artists WANTED to cancel and disappoint their fans. But I can also say with some degree of certainty that I’m not convinced some of them were the ones who wanted to do the shows to begin with. 

monstertoronto
12 hours ago, Nuggets said:

She will probably push through, I just hope she gets better. That video made me sad. :messga:

We’re here now. Haven’t heard anything to the contrary. Hope she’s better and will go on. 

BARKDANGER

Katy Perry is my second fave behind Gaga in terms of stanning and music catalog. She has so many Bops, and dominated the late 2000’s and early 2010’s. She is an icon. I hope she is ok mentally and personally. She is past and current nostalgia. She is my comfort, and to so many others. 

“I’m on the edge of glory…”

gumzy3000

I hope whatever pain she has is healed soon :heart:

Sometimes I do wonder if some of these artists would even want to do these Vegas shows. It seems almost like they are trying to fulfill a contract or something. We know that music industry contracts are intense and I hope Katy doesn't feel like she's in some sort of prison. I mean honestly, if I had her money and success at this point, I would have just retired and want to spend the rest of my time with friends/family. :smh:

trolly troll troll

Nuggets
28 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

Whitney, I am so sorry. She's not a good singer. 

You see a woman breaking down in the middle of her performance, and the first thing you think about is to sneak in some cheap shade? Damn.

Favorite McDonald's Snack

GrandeAvenue
12 hours ago, Sherry said:

The song was Ghostin and it was about Mac

It was actually One Last Time. She sang it for about 11 dates, before she removed it. And the reason, for being hard for her to sing it, was meaning and connection of the song with Manchester.

ItWasntLaauv

Powerful, when she took the mic away and just let her voice carry through the air, it felt like such a release. I think we’ve all been in that mental space where life doesn’t feel nice.

Space Cowboy

Can’t help but feel like it’s another marketing ploy just like the pizza throwing thing

AkariGaga

So sad,Gaga and Katy made my teenage years enjoyable .I remember seeing firework music video for the first time and feeling  really seen and accepted because of the gay couple in MV. And I have such a emotional connection to " The one that got away”

Archived