opinion

ARTPOP ACT II Theory

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstertoronto

Honestly, I also want to hear ARTPOP 2, but I don’t want it to be her next official era.  I want new music reflecting where she is in life now and fueled by her current positivity and energy.  ARTPOP 2 is a curiosity from the past, but she’s not going to build the next stage of her career on revisiting old material, nor do I want her to. 

ChrissyBot
42 minutes ago, Staryu17 said:

Yes, it was a rough time for Gaga but she clearly still enjoys the album, let's be real - 

This. I’ll never understand why people think she hates the album. Maybe she listens to it in her free time for all we know. I honestly think the only reason she didn’t include ARTPOP in the chromatica ball is because maybe she thought it didn’t fit with the theme of the tour? Just my guess

ChrissyBot
10 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

Honestly, I also want to hear ARTPOP 2, but I don’t want it to be her next official era.  I want new music reflecting where she is in life now and fueled by her current positivity and energy.  ARTPOP 2 is a curiosity from the past, but she’s not going to build the next stage of her career on revisiting old material, nor do I want her to. 

Yup. It would love for her to put ARTPOP act 2 on SoundCloud or sum, but there’s no need for it to be a full on promo campaign. She could release ARTPOP 2 then the Joker movie then LG7 imo

warhol killer

I don't think an ACT II is gonna happen but if it does it would be a dream come true. :heart: I think the most plausible anniversary gift for ARTPOP would be just another remaster re-release or maybe a remix album of some sorts.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Dayman
3 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

Gals, take a cool glass of water. She's not including it in Chromatica Ball because it's the darkest time in her career with the least general awareness for a massive stadium audience. If anything, it's a signal she's learned to let go of "Applause" and just leave ARTPOP out altogether (it's not even one of her favorites and she didn't even want it to be the single). She is more business-minded than ever in her career. Spending a year trying to revamp a  tarnished brand (ARTPOP) makes no sense when you can press ahead with what is already working. It's not how business works. No one leans into the weakest title in their portfolio.

She did Applause and Aura during Enigma and literally brought PetGa back as a MAJOR component of the show - that alone is her revamping a "tarnished" brand. There was also the massive push for Act II during the pandemic and fans got ARTPOP to rise on the charts again. The album also commonly comes up in serious discussions about pop albums that were ahead of their time. Besides album also was very successful in the first place, the only reason it is regarded as a "flop" is because it came off the heels of the over exposure Born This Way album cycle that had FIVE singles in 10 months.

Let's also be real Chromatica if anything - despite being the current tour - is the album that has less general awareness to audiences. Like I still have people that are SHOCKED to find out she released an album in 2020 at all - most just thought Rain on Me was a one off. You mention Applause and dare I say DWUW and people are more familiar with those. If she wanted to play for the massive stadium audiences her most "awareness friendly" songs she would be doing ASiB front to back - which we have now thanks to this tour only NOW gotten a second song from the film being performed live.

Point being - it ain't that deep. The ONLY people who know what she and or Interscope want to do are her and interscope. We are observers, we are not involved nor can we predict what will happen from a business perspective and we sure as hell can not get inside her mind to try and make guesses. And an artist like Gaga is never predictable in how she operates as a business end, risks and unthinkable approaches are why she is where she is today and has grown to be such a huge player. Nobody gets anywhere making the safe calls.

Julien Lockhart

I don't get the hype about ARTPOP, that time was painful to watch, the entire world hated her

Musically it's very acid and all of the demos are better, it's so overproduced

We all want her to be happy so why y'all want her to be on a non safe place ?

ARTPOP is synonym of traumas for her, of course her artisty was phenomenal but her pain was bigger

If she gave us something for ARTPOP 10 anniversary, she will not promote it 

He ate my heart

Benji
4 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

Gals, take a cool glass of water. She's not including it in Chromatica Ball because it's the darkest time in her career with the least general awareness for a massive stadium audience. If anything, it's a signal she's learned to let go of "Applause" and just leave ARTPOP out altogether (it's not even one of her favorites and she didn't even want it to be the single). She is more business-minded than ever in her career. Spending a year trying to revamp a  tarnished brand (ARTPOP) makes no sense when you can press ahead with what is already working. It's not how business works. No one leans into the weakest title in their portfolio.

This, so much.  She was miserable during the era, it’s arguably her weakest album… this obsession with her going back to it is just annoying.

TimotheeChalamet
4 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Another personal theory I have is that Gaga is leaking her ACT II music herself as a gift to us... we're literally getting a new song every day like cmon.

The songs we are getting are unfinished demos that were circulating around the leakers market for more than a year and Gaga has got nothing to do with that lol

Plus Act II is never going to happen, it's time to let it go 

marrytheminogue

Whilst I’d love for an ARTPOP: ACT II, I just can’t imagine the material being polished enough for a commercial release and I can’t imagine much effort being put into it after all this time. The most I’d expect is a reimagining with artists like BTW, or a collaborative remix album like DOC. But I’m also preparing myself for just a tweet and announcement of a new Haus Labs ARTPOP eyeshadow palette. :hor:

I do find it strange how no ARTPOP songs (or Joanne for that matter) made their way onto the Chromatica setlist. Applause is definitely known by the GP and Venus would have gone down extremely well for casual fans. Don’t think they would have sounded too out of place either. 

Maxine Puth
4 hours ago, Ricardo said:

I can't believe it's 2022 and people still believes ACT II is coming :toofunny:

I mean it was only last year that DJWS was teasing it and talking about getting together with Gaga to discuss ACT II

NATAH

i thought chromatica was written in 2018, they made Stupid Love in 2018 for ASIB but realised it's direction she wanted for LG6 :samanthac:

mother, what must i do?

Maxine Puth
6 minutes ago, NATAH said:

i thought chromatica was written in 2018, they made Stupid Love in 2018 for ASIB but realised it's direction she wanted for LG6 :samanthac:

They made Stupid Love in 2017 during the Joanne World Tour 

TimotheeChalamet
1 hour ago, JustDance1122 said:

I mean it was only last year that DJWS was teasing it and talking about getting together with Gaga to discuss ACT II

He lied and even if they discussed it, she tweeted about being grateful to fans for showing love and that's all

Archived