💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Billboard calls Beyoncé the greatest pop star of the 21st century

Teletubby

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio

Its insane to me how much people overestimate and overhype her. She’s extremely talented but its seems like one simply CANNOT speak of her in the press without equating her to this immaculate Goddess who can do no wrong… 

She literally doesn’t write her own songs…

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
11 hours ago, KevinWright said:

Her last pop album was released in 2008 :bear:

How is she the biggest pop star? 

Is Renaissance not a pop album? :huh:

I know she gets thrown in the hip hop categories a lot but from what I've seen Bey stans saying that's only 'cause she's a black artist, not 'cause her music isn't pop :bear:

🖤

Beyonce works a lot, presents herself as a larger than life person and really few in the music industry can match her.

Whether she is the biggest star or not is not that important.

Her talent, music and performance will reach people. The imprint and impact she has on music will last for decades, maybe longer. The scene simply wouldn't be the same without her.

Regarding the mention of racism, it caught my eye that if someone mocks or ignores the success of Gaga, Britney, Taylor, we never say racism.

Racism is used in 90% of cases to counter white people, to shut their mouths as the final, ultimate argument. A few more similar platitudes only work in one direction at most.

Yaaaas Gaga

It's all subjective. For me, Lady Gaga is the best of the 21st century because IMO she is the most talented all round entertainer. She never gets enough credit for the way she changed the game back in 2009-2010, in a way that nobody else has since perhaps Britney Spears or even Michael Jackson/Madonna. Lady Gaga is raw talent whereas Beyonce has always felt manufactured to me.

gypsy101
5 hours ago, River said:

So easy to trigger the hive, I succeed in what I came to do in this thread :iamfair: 

yeah you not knowing how english works is very triggering

PussOfYonce
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

Is Renaissance not a pop album? :huh:

I know she gets thrown in the hip hop categories a lot but from what I've seen Bey stans saying that's only 'cause she's a black artist, not 'cause her music isn't pop :bear:

she gets thrown to both the pop categories and the historically "black" categories at the same time, they throw her to the pop star category cause critics sometimes make it seem pop stars are less than other artists (btw she hasnt had a pop album since 2008) and 2 she gets thrown to the black categories cause well racism.

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

PussOfYonce

also this makes sense, she only has 7 albums out and they've all been a moment in pop culture, DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE? no one else besides maybe gaga debuts like THAT.

B'Day????? the energy on that album and the amount of HITS.

I Am Sasha Fierce?????? just with single ladies it just shows her power, her having the FIRST viral "trend" with people attempting the choreo, not to mention it was going to be the first video to hit 1 billion views before it got taken down for not having the vevo thing :triggered:

and became a wedding staple i dont even need to say anything cause its sold like 30 million copies worldwide.

4 was an amazing transition in her career and for it to be her flop era its gone on to have AMAZING longevity, run the world and Love on top are both 4x Platinum while they didnt even enter the top 20 of the hot 100, HER POWER.

BEYONCE. i dont even need to say anything that was a whole ****ing moment with Drunk In Love, XO, Pretty Hurts, PARTITION, Flawless Remix, 7/11, AND THE VISUALS :nooo:

and lemonade is such an amazing artistic magnum opus for her, she got PERSONAL and she rarely does that, not to mention when she got the racists mad at the superbowl cause of Formation, im still mad at how she sabotaged it, that #1 debut was RIGHT THERE :saladga:

overall her career shows amazing longevity, like she keeps peeaking over and over AND OVER, and by adding DC it just adds a whole nother layer of longevity.

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

StrawberryBlond
9 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Fact is, Beyoncé IS the greatest performer and she IS the whole package. She popularized the surprise drop with her self titled album and there's no album in the 2010s that has had more impact than Lemonade. And mind you, she just released another acclaimed album with a #1 single. Let's see if Gaga, Taylor, Adele etc are able to do the same when they have been in the industry for 25 years. 

In my opinion, to be the entire package, you have to tick all the boxes and seeing as Beyonce doesn't play instruments, straight away, she doesn't have the whole package by definition, so I'm confused whenever anyone says this. I'm not knocking anyone for not playing instruments, I can't play any either, but when it comes to evaluating having the full package as a musician, surely playing instruments should be one of the top 3 things on the list of criteria? Beyonce is also not the main driving force behind the creation of her songs, this is well-established at this point, even her fans know that it takes a team to write her songs and she's just one part of a much bigger group project.

And there are unquestionably albums that had much bigger impact than Lemonade in the 2010's. Taylor's 1989 & Reputation, Ed's Multiply & Divide, Gaga's Born This Way, Katy's Teenage Dream, Rihanna's Loud, Lana's Born To Die and most notably, Adele's 21 and 25. Most, if not all, of those albums sold more than Lemonade, had more successful singles than Lemonade, are remembered on a worldwide scale by the public more than Lemonade and have resulted in far more inspiration from other artists than Lemonade. I'm no fan of it, but 21 is factually the biggest album of the 2010's, it's the only album from the 2010's to make it into the top selling albums of all time list, the only other one being its follow-up. All the songs from that album were charting and being played on the radio and this was before streaming came along and where non-singles charting and getting radio play became a thing. Lemonade was huge, I won't deny, but the actual figures aren't as amazing given all the hype for it. It's one of her lowest selling-albums and the previous album actually sold better.

And PR is a big part of how you succeed at an advanced age, not how many fans you have or how many people love your work. Beyonce's untouchable goddess image helps her be where she is whereas the other artists you mention don't have that. Most artists can't be this successful after 25 years because their label stops trying to hype them up (mostly due to ageism and the belief that younger artists need their help more) and Beyonce is very rare in this regard. It's apples and oranges here.

Monstermilo

sorry but you cant be the greatest when the sales and numbers arent on your side. 

based on sales and number one hits, rihanna beats beyonce by 100+ million

10 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

In my opinion, to be the entire package, you have to tick all the boxes and seeing as Beyonce doesn't play instruments, straight away, she doesn't have the whole package by definition, so I'm confused whenever anyone says this. I'm not knocking anyone for not playing instruments, I can't play any either, but when it comes to evaluating having the full package as a musician, surely playing instruments should be one of the top 3 things on the list of criteria? Beyonce is also not the main driving force behind the creation of her songs, this is well-established at this point, even her fans know that it takes a team to write her songs and she's just one part of a much bigger group project.

And there are unquestionably albums that had much bigger impact than Lemonade in the 2010's. Taylor's 1989 & Reputation, Ed's Multiply & Divide, Gaga's Born This Way, Katy's Teenage Dream, Rihanna's Loud, Lana's Born To Die and most notably, Adele's 21 and 25. Most, if not all, of those albums sold more than Lemonade, had more successful singles than Lemonade, are remembered on a worldwide scale by the public more than Lemonade and have resulted in far more inspiration from other artists than Lemonade. I'm no fan of it, but 21 is factually the biggest album of the 2010's, it's the only album from the 2010's to make it into the top selling albums of all time list, the only other one being its follow-up. All the songs from that album were charting and being played on the radio and this was before streaming came along and where non-singles charting and getting radio play became a thing. Lemonade was huge, I won't deny, but the actual figures aren't as amazing given all the hype for it. It's one of her lowest selling-albums and the previous album actually sold better.

And PR is a big part of how you succeed at an advanced age, not how many fans you have or how many people love your work. Beyonce's untouchable goddess image helps her be where she is whereas the other artists you mention don't have that. Most artists can't be this successful after 25 years because their label stops trying to hype them up (mostly due to ageism and the belief that younger artists need their help more) and Beyonce is very rare in this regard. It's apples and oranges here.

Someone who actually gets it. I love how you put it together, I share the exact same sentiments.

I peeped Beyoncé’s image overhaul and PR rebrand as this ‘goddess’ of music figure, and I always felt it (above all else) came before her music and her abilities as an entertainer. It’s “OMG it’s Beyoncé” first, not “OMG this song is incredible”. That tells you all you need to know.

While I understand the recent articles crowning her as the lord and saviour of music are just PR pieces to, once again, hype up her new projects, I think it’s tacky and unfair to give those titles to an artist with a very limited set of skills. While Gaga, her only contender, out-does her in numerous different ways there are still less popular artists that can also act, write as well as sing and perform. This is not taking into account worldwide impact, but that’s a topic for another day. 

Ivannn

Beyonce is only THE name and that name is what is keeping her relevant.

Her music is BEYOND mediocre.

ImMatt
13 hours ago, Yaaaas Gaga said:

It's all subjective. For me, Lady Gaga is the best of the 21st century because IMO she is the most talented all round entertainer. She never gets enough credit for the way she changed the game back in 2009-2010, in a way that nobody else has since perhaps Britney Spears or even Michael Jackson/Madonna.

I'll just add to this that it was in fact Gaga's Chromatica that brought back 90s House Music to the mainstream. Funny how two years later Drake and Beyonce have both put out 90s House Music albums all of a sudden, right?

StrawberryBlond
7 hours ago, Fanta said:

Someone who actually gets it. I love how you put it together, I share the exact same sentiments.

I peeped Beyoncé’s image overhaul and PR rebrand as this ‘goddess’ of music figure, and I always felt it (above all else) came before her music and her abilities as an entertainer. It’s “OMG it’s Beyoncé” first, not “OMG this song is incredible”. That tells you all you need to know.

While I understand the recent articles crowning her as the lord and saviour of music are just PR pieces to, once again, hype up her new projects, I think it’s tacky and unfair to give those titles to an artist with a very limited set of skills. While Gaga, her only contender, out-does her in numerous different ways there are still less popular artists that can also act, write as well as sing and perform. This is not taking into account worldwide impact, but that’s a topic for another day. 

Hands down one of the best image revamps and PR jobs of all time. There were some that predicted Beyonce was on the way out after 4 under-performed (her first album that didn't have any top 10 hits in America and was her lowest selling album) and then she did the Superbowl and a greatest hits tour and it all started changing. One of the most notable changes is that "Beyonce is the best entertainer" became the new party line and the public fell right into it. Her abilities as an entertainer now became her ultimate selling point along with the revolutionary way she marketed her albums with no pre-promotion, sudden release with little to no warning, no official singles and a video for every song. But all of this was making the actual music take a backseat. I think the first week sales of Everything Is Love, The Gift and even Renaissance is proof that the "gatekeeping the album for those who want to buy it" schtick has really gotten old. Considering that her music has become less and less commercial over time, more and more people are starting to realise that surprise releasing is a great way to sell music that wouldn't have sold well or become a hit had it not had this marketing ploy around it. And they're not as susceptible to this gimmick now. I said after Lemonade that this was a trick she couldn't really pull off for a third time. Renaissance is of course selling well but it sold less than half of what Lemonade sold in its first week and BMS has only really been a hit in America and that's with many remixes of it. But still that marketing for the last decade remains. I don't know how Gaga feels to know that she outdoes her, to see these articles popping up left right and centre while she's the one that's currently slaying with an all-singing all-dancing stadium tour. If I saw Beyonce live, I probably would be somewhat impressed. But after seeing Gaga, nothing I've seen before or since compares with what that woman can do.

And you definitely got it right with the worldwide impact thing. I've said many times that Beyonce hasn't toured Asia since 2010. She used to tour there extensively back in the day but nothing post-Sasha Fierce. Gaga, on the other hand, has visited Asia with literally every single tour except the JWT. What does that tell you? Her fans always go very silent when I mention that.

7 hours ago, ImMatt said:

I'll just add to this that it was in fact Gaga's Chromatica that brought back 90s House Music to the mainstream. Funny how two years later Drake and Beyonce have both put out 90s House Music albums all of a sudden, right?

Yep, we know how quickly an album can be thrown together. Drake especially is always putting out new projects, so if he was inspired by a trend, he could easily make something quickly to profit off it and he was at the Chromatica Ball, so we know he liked the music. And it is claimed that Renaissance was written during lockdown and Chromatica was released not long after the world officially went into lockdown. We're well aware that albums can be thrown together in 2 years, sometimes a whole lot less, months even. It's also a very strange coincidence that Doja Cat and Coldplay released albums that involved references to space and planets the following year. Not saying everyone was directly copying but that's odd timing for sure.

Archived