💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Billboard calls Beyoncé the greatest pop star of the 21st century

Teletubby

Featured Posts

This is entirely subjective. She has yet to replicate the successes of those before her. Billboard is saying this because she is the current thing.

I remember this same air when they were making Lady Gaga the Queen of Pop all of a sudden after releasing Born This Way. It is a recognition of her beaming stardom.

It's also not about Bey paying for marketing, it could be because the writers' room felt Bey's resonating stardom - which is very valid considering Renaissance is great body of work. No need to bring her down.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

nah she's accurately rated

if anything she is underrated specifically by caucasian men be they gay or straight they got some kinda bug up their ass about Beyonce i can't imagine why

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree 

Phantomhive

I feel like outside of actual Bey fans, there are a whole lot of locals there in the US jumping on this "Queen Bey" bandwagon that's being forced. You ask them to name a Beyonce song post Sasha Fierce and they most likely can't :bear:

At least in here, Beyonce's music hasn't been popular since 2009 so maybe this title is should be "greatest pop star of the 21st century as claimed by western media" :bear:

In I fly on wings of winter.

SevenWonder

Gaga is more versatile and more musical. Adele is a better singer. Taylor is nearly untouchable sales wise. Ariana is more of the moment. Rihanna has many, many more hits. 

Beyonce isn't really the best at any one thing compared to her biggest peers (save maybe dancing). But, yeah, if you add everything up and then average it all out? It's probably her.  

Monstermilo
16 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

Gaga is more versatile and more musical. Adele is a better singer. Taylor is nearly untouchable sales wise. Ariana is more of the moment. Rihanna has many, many more hits. 

Beyonce isn't really the best at any one thing compared to her biggest peers (save maybe dancing). But, yeah, if you add everything up and then average it all out? It's probably her.  

couldnt agree more 

sales wise rihanna has sold more overall WW records than taylor & beyonce 

she is the best performer imo but the rest in terms of sales and actual relevance, i think she is lacking and her fans are so goddamn adamant about crowning her the savior or music, that similar to taylor, i am so turned off by the artist. 

monsters can be delusional, but they arent pushing that gaga is the creator of music lol

6 hours ago, qoqo said:

Well, that’s almost objectively the truth.

”beyonce” is widely used as a synonym for “star” for years now. She’s the whole package.

I’d take artists like Gaga, Taylor or Adele over her any day, for she really lacks something personality wise, but while Gaga has been taking the route to a Cher/Barbara-like career for half of her career now, Taylor is famous for her songwriting abilities more than anything and Adele is mainly a vocalist, beyonce just IS pop stardom in its most broad sense. Love her or hate her, that’s just the truth 

"Beyonce" is the word used for a person who takes focus away from the others in the group in order to cannibalise them for their own success.

When describing a successful musician, at least in the English speaking world, MJ is still the name people use... despite him having the same trajectory...

SHALLOW

I feel like Billboard publishes this same article whenever big artists relese something. It doesn't mean anything.

Dennis

Beyoncé is the greatest living entertainer. No one can change that fact. You have to be thankful that you're lucky enough to live in an era where she's alive and blessing us with new music.

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, Dennis said:

Beyoncé is the greatest living entertainer. No one can change that fact. You have to be thankful that you're lucky enough to live in an era where she's alive and blessing us with new music.

Then why am i not entertained by her? :huntyga:

FFXIV WhiteMage

Maybe in US/EU but here in Asia, especially in my region, Mariah/Celine/Whitney are the epitome of pop music. 

Well there’s kpop which is more popular nowadays here. :zilla:

The greatest this or the greatest that, blah blah, it's all nonsense. If someone has the highest album sales or streaming numbers, then fine, describe them as the highestt seller or streamer, but the question of who's the best or who's the greatest is subjective. Everyone has their own opinion and everyone is right. Gaga is my favoutite, but that's as far as it goes.

Guillaume Hamon
3 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

nah she's accurately rated

if anything she is underrated specifically by caucasian men be they gay or straight they got some kinda bug up their ass about Beyonce i can't imagine why

She's frequently presented as the MJ of this generation so it's hard to not be overrated in this situation, even if you're extremely talented like her ironically. If folks would just stick up to "best performer of her generation" maybe she wouldn't have so many"overrated" comments.

C'mon Bey has plenty of black haters too. Of course you have racists who will hate her cause she's a black woman but it's not the only factor, far from it when you see her haters.

Levine

"Maybe Taylor Swift" :lmao: 

It remains Gaga - and no, I'm not biased - she shooked the world with her own charisma and strenght, didn't need daddy to build up a career since she was a child, didn't need a group, nor a powerful husband nor to build a fake untouchable persona.

People WW know more Gaga's songs than Beyoncé's (expecially not the ones from the last 3 albums). Gaga writes, play instruments, put up better shows, changed music and fashion industry and now is becoming an accplaimed A LIST actress.

These paid articles are funny tho, I hope to see them keep on coming.

Archived