💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Billboard calls Beyoncé the greatest pop star of the 21st century

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Billboard's Stephen Daw: "I’m not even sure who else would fit that moniker other than Beyoncé — maybe Taylor Swift, but even she would probably pull an Adele at the 2016 Grammys and basically try and give that title back to Beyoncé. She ticks every box in terms of image, sound and impact, she regularly redefines the culture of pop music with her releases and performances, and she is still out here dominating with her seventh album. For my money, there is no one else that can take that title, nor should they try; it belongs to Beyoncé."

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstrosity
1 minute ago, Teletubby said:

maybe Taylor Swift

Lmaoooooooloooollooollllllliooooo this is too much to process

Chlorine Sevigny

1of1.gif

I'm one of one,
I'm number one,
I'm the only one
Don't even waste your time trying to compete with me 

It's just album promo  but there's such a lack of personality and human substance there that everyone has to go "yeah, the greatest!" Because... what else do you say? A songwriter? A creative genius? An incredible advocate? Nah she sings songs that are written for her.

Monstermilo

sorry but how the **** is 332k on its first week the greatest pop star of the 21st century? 

adele did double that 

taylor even tho i dont like her at all did a million 

ariana debuted at number one on the hot 100 with positions, rain on me and stuck with you and is currently the most streamed female artist of all time 

you can say beyonce is hella talented and she is but yall are hyping her up so much when the numbers arent there.  

bey is hella talented but this rhetoric is why so many people dislike her and her fan base. they like to act like beyonce invented music, when she so clearly did not

Well, that’s almost objectively the truth.

”beyonce” is widely used as a synonym for “star” for years now. She’s the whole package.

I’d take artists like Gaga, Taylor or Adele over her any day, for she really lacks something personality wise, but while Gaga has been taking the route to a Cher/Barbara-like career for half of her career now, Taylor is famous for her songwriting abilities more than anything and Adele is mainly a vocalist, beyonce just IS pop stardom in its most broad sense. Love her or hate her, that’s just the truth 

LilyLark

I adore Bey, think this site can be way too hard on her, but yeah, this is what annoys people. One can acknowledge a lot of gross racism is slung her way and people often demean Black women in a racist way, and also that another section of the media lionizes her to an insane degree. And this could arguably be true in the US (her being the biggest pop star, but I disagree), but it's certainly not accurate around the world.

I know they mean post 2000, but we still have Mariah (who is the solo writers behind much of her work, unlike Bey, Gaga, Rihanna, Ariana, etc.) and frankly, in her prime and up until around 2012-ish, could out sing any of the current girls (including Gaga). Emancipation of Mimi came out in 2005. Shakira sings mostly in Spanish, which means she has a narrower market than the English language girls, and yet sells more than some big name English language artists. Culturally, in Lt. Am I can tell you Shakira is a bigger name than Bey, Gaga, Rihanna, Ariana, etc. Celine can be heard everywhere and anywhere in a lot of French speaking countries.

Adele has the voice, has sold more, and to the general public is frankly more culturally relevant. And Rihanna and Taylor may not have the vocals, but have outsold pretty much everyone (particularly Rihanna) and Taylor, like her or dislike her, is arguably one of the best songwriters working today.

LilyLark
13 minutes ago, qoqo said:

”beyonce” is widely used as a synonym for “star” for years now. She’s the whole package.

I’d take artists like Gaga, Taylor or Adele over her any day, for she really lacks something personality wise, but while Gaga has been taking the route to a Cher/Barbara-like career for half of her career now, Taylor is famous for her songwriting abilities more than anything and Adele is mainly a vocalist, beyonce just IS pop stardom in its most broad sense. Love her or hate her, that’s just the truth 

100% agree she's the whole package. I just kind of object to her being named the biggest star when Mariah was still churning out hits in the early 00s' and outside of the US there are other names.

NATAH
25 minutes ago, qoqo said:

this is true tbf

every beyonce solo album since ST has been a major pop culture event, she IS popular culture

mother, what must i do?

killme89

It’s because she’s been in the industry for so long(think MJ) first with Destiny’s child , then she did her solo stuff around the same time her and Jay Z became a super public item. That combined with Jay z huge stardom’s and the huge rise and influence of hiphop/rap from the late 90s.  It’s the prefect recipe for a star tbh. That’s not even counting the fact she is an amazing performer and she does really well with the general public. She really is the total PKG. She plays it safe but in a smart way not in a cheap way.  But that’s exactly why I can’t get into Beyoncé she’s too perfect for me , I like some edge in my pop.  

Archived