Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If Gaga made Renaissance

Regina George

Featured Posts

Edonis

I mean, I would live, but I don't think her take on the classic flavors of house/disco/dance would sound like Renaissance. As other mentioned, it would sound a lot more like Babylon, Enigma, etc. more than anything on Renaissance. That being said, I hope she explores more of the American origins of the sounds. Her career is built on a lot of European influences and sounds, but I'd like to see her play off the origins of the genre as well in a separate project.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
waterfall
1 minute ago, killme89 said:

It’s called chromatica ;) 

thisss 

both considered dance albums except chromatica is that 2015 justin/riri edm collabs sound and beyonce is more house afro-beats vibes kinda like doja's woman

Suspiria

In a way Chromatica was her making Renaissance. I think these albums highlight how different Gaga and Beyoncé are as artists, by demonstrating the different ways they interpret the same general project: a house-influenced dance album in the early 2020s.

Gaga made a full on pop album about trauma with a sci-fi-cinematic angle, while Beyoncé made an intricate and lush tribute to black female icons.

Edonis

Outside of both albums having house influences and rooted in dance music, Chromatica and Renaissance have very little in common. Chromatica takes (mainly) from mid-90s European flavors of dance-pop while Renaissance borrows from 70s, 80s, and 90s American (and to put bluntly, Black American) dance genres. It's less pop than Chromatica by miles and is less focused on story-telling. Both are excellent though, just in different ways.

monstrosity

Honestly I would have been so here for it, it’s a really really good album imo

but we all know she would have been trashed so much by some of yall that are praising bey because that’s what you do :ladyhaha:

NATAH

i would dislike it for the same reasons: the lyrical content

however PURE/HONEY would be one of my fav gaga songs of all time, the same way it's my all time fav beyonce song :lolly:

mother, what must i do?

huttont

I’ve only listened to Renaissance once and I really don’t have any urge to listen again. I was really looking forward to a new Beyoncé album and I can’t put a finger on why I’m just not into it. As a Gaga album, idk if it would land for me

Regina George
59 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

Could you imagine Gaga on Heated? The best part of the song and a highlight of the album is Beyonce's "chant" at the end. Like, this album is more than some beats and some samples which is what people here don't understand. Gaga also would not have worked with these producers and created this sound, so it's a weird thing to say "if Gaga had done it." Well she would never come up with it.  

She would also not be able to pull off the vocals on Plastic Off the Sofa or Virgo's Groove.

And if I go track by track, I'm sure I could list more... but I don't really feel like doing that. 

No don’t get me wrong. I agree! Just wanted to see what you think.

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Frank Potion said:

Could you imagine Gaga on Heated? The best part of the song and a highlight of the album is Beyonce's "chant" at the end. Like, this album is more than some beats and some samples which is what people here don't understand. Gaga also would not have worked with these producers and created this sound, so it's a weird thing to say "if Gaga had done it." Well she would never come up with it.  

She would also not be able to pull off the vocals on Plastic Off the Sofa or Virgo's Groove.

And if I go track by track, I'm sure I could list more... but I don't really feel like doing that. 

People need to stop comparing the two (or comparing singers in general).

Agree that Gaga would not have made Renaissance. It's a combo of hip hop and disco, and frankly she's sound ridiculous trying to pull off that blend of genres. It doesn't suit her voice. And Gaga can't rap. Maybe Ariana could (if we're talking about yt artists, other Black artists like Jazmine and Lizzo could), but that's about it.

Disagree that Gaga couldn't vocally pull of Plastic Off the Sofa or Virgo's Groove (though Virgos would be harder for her). She has 3 and a half octaves, around the same as Bey, and after the 2015 Oscar performance, proved she can pull of high/tricky vocals. But it's also not in her comfortable vocal range, as she's more an alto...kind of like how Ariana-who has four octaves and great vocal flexibility-had some trouble with Don't Dream It's Over (though she nailed it in a different performances).

Starmie25

I don't see Gaga ever making an album like RENASSIANCE. 

The closest to it though is her taking certain bits and pieces and molding them into her own electronic sound - "Babylon", "Replay", "Black Jesus", "Born This Way", "Enigma", "Dance in the Dark" etc

Sorcerer

Not really sure if the Black community will respond well if a white artist did that genre... :/ 

Anyway, Gaga doesn't copy trends. She leads it.

Anderson123

I think Gaga would've gotten dragged if she made the SAME Renaissance we got and probably be in the middle of a mess called "cultural appropriation". Renaissance is an album that only Beyoncé could've made given the influences, black artists, group of writers, producers and collaborators.

I think both of them made their own version of what a house inspired album is. Gaga going the 90s euro pop stuff, Beyoncé the 70's, 80's and 90's influence, funk, disco, afro beats, etc.

Archived