Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift on ‘Shake It Off’: ‘The lyrics were written entirely by me’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

The 11-time Grammy Award winner finally addressed the 2017 copyright lawsuit which accuses her of stealing the lyrics to her hit 2014 track, “Shake It Off,” which earned her three Grammy nominations.

The lawsuit was originally filed by songwriters Sean Hall and Nathan Butler, who claim the 32-year-old stole lyrics from 3LW’s 2001 hit song “Playas Gon’ Play” to write “Shake It Off.”

In court documents, Swift claimed she had “never heard” the track she is accused of plagiarizing, and said, “the lyrics to ‘Shake It Off’ were written entirely by me.”

In writing the lyrics, I drew partly on experiences in my life and, in particular, unrelenting public scrutiny of my personal life, ‘clickbait’ reporting, public manipulation, and other forms of negative personal criticism which I learned I just needed to shake off and focus on my music,” the singer wrote.

Songwriters Hall and Butler claim that Swift lifted the “Playas gon’ play / And haters, they gon’ hate” lines from their 2001 song to write 2014’s song with “Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play / And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.”

Taylor also argued that the lyric “players gonna play” and “haters gonna hate” are not uncommon, and said she heard them being used throughout her childhood, much like the “sayings like ‘don’t hate the playa, hate the game,'” and ‘”take a chill pill,'” she added.

I recall hearing phrases about players play and haters hate stated together by other children while attending school in Wyomissing Hills, and in high school in Hendersonville,,” she wrote in the docs.

“The first time I ever heard the song was after this claim was made,” Swift said of 3LW’s 2001 track.

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Retro Dance Freak

Good for her. This lawsuit is ridiculous

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.

RAMROD

I am deaded when she mentions she never subscribed to RA, like, sis, I can relate :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

alsemanche

Aren't these very common phrases that people say anyway? :laughga:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

badfaith

Reading the title, I thought she was flexing and I was like :awkney:

River

But what about “reading” the lyrics? :huntyga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

13 minutes ago, Dennis said:

These lawsuits are getting ridiculous

Literally, always from these people with songs no one has heard of as well :/

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

KubaM316

I saw the title and thought it was related to that thing somewhen in January (I think?) when that guy said she doesn't write her own songs or something:huntyga:

Taylucifer

when it comes to Taylor the one thing I wouldn't do is get in between her and her work, she will win:gaysia:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

1 hour ago, badfaith said:

Same I was trying to find a way to shade without getting a waffle puffle but it was impossible

NATAH
1 hour ago, badfaith said:

me too

DAE47-B3-B-C172-449-B-BFA9-5-DB3-C420513

mother, what must i do?

Archived