Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift on ‘Shake It Off’: ‘The lyrics were written entirely by me’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

As much as I criticise her, this particular lawsuit doesn't have a leg to stand on. These phrases were already well established before she wrote this song, which is kinda the whole point. It directly references popular memes and songs that have utilised these phrases. I'm sure most people who spend their time around the internet will have seen the little "haters gon hate" gif and some version of phrases like "don't hate the player, hate the game," "haters gonna hate," "player haters," and "don't be hating" has been used in so many songs from the 2000's well before she wrote this. Chamillionaire's Ridin Dirty ("they see me rolling, they hating") came out in 2005 and Willow Smith's Whip My Hair ("pay no attention to them haters cos we whip em off," "don't let haters keep me off my grind") came out in 2010 and even mentions shaking them off! But I guess their names aren't big enough to pick a fight with, but Taylor's loaded and much more relevant so it's a case of dollar signs in the eyes here. Everyone's influenced by someone else, nothing new. It's laughable how so many small name artists genuinely think these international superstars have ever discovered their little known/forgotten song and seem to be under the impression that they have time in their busy schedule to clue themselves up on every song written in the history of time so they can copy and profit from them.

Debithius

I usually don't really care for her but come on....players gonna play and haters gonna hate? Those are the most commonly used phrases out there. I cannot :ladyhaha:

StrawberryBlond

I just suddenly remembered, Taylor was trying (don't know if she was successful or not) to copyright the phrase "this sick beat" from the same song. Now, Tay-Tay, don't try to tell me that describing something as "sick" is something you invented, its been around since the 90's at least! Point is, if this is the energy she puts out, she can't be surprised when she gets it back. Or is it only ok when she wants to sue but everyone else is being unreasonable? :trollga:

ChavaWM
9 hours ago, Gam said:

Literally, always from these people with songs no one has heard of as well :/

3LW is actually a well known female r&b group. 2 of the girls are quite successful, Adrienne Bailon and Naturi. But I don't think the girls have anything to do with the lawsuit. 

Better Day
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I just suddenly remembered, Taylor was trying (don't know if she was successful or not) to copyright the phrase "this sick beat" from the same song. Now, Tay-Tay, don't try to tell me that describing something as "sick" is something you invented, its been around since the 90's at least! Point is, if this is the energy she puts out, she can't be surprised when she gets it back. Or is it only ok when she wants to sue but everyone else is being unreasonable? :trollga:

She trademarked it for merchandise that she released. It’s a common practice with artists copywriting things. Like Gaga would have trademarked “Rain On Me” for the merchandise 

Together You And I!

Space Cowboy
10 hours ago, badfaith said:

Reading the title, I thought she was flexing and I was like :awkney:

Nnnn same

Reginald
9 hours ago, Gam said:

Literally, always from these people with songs no one has heard of as well :/

:toofunny: this song was actually a bop, a very long time ago 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Archived