Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Twitter is thankful that Lady Gaga changed the fashion industry

COOOK

Featured Posts

Moonlight on Water

Terrible but iconic, i love this. This is the 2000's version of the 80's :ladyhaha:

she/her

RAMROD
37 minutes ago, KORG said:

These people dress like they've never met a homosexual in their lives.

Ironically these clothings are suggested by their homosexual stylists at the time. :zilla:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Daenerys

Its sooooo weird seeing these main pop girlies in such basic clothes. Makes me feel like they're just like me!

E6EfLJFVgAEQ1Sy?format=jpg&name=900x900

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

18 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Ironically these clothings are suggested by their homosexual stylists at the time. :zilla:

Ugh.. lizzie maguire fans :patrizia:

MercifulAir

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the power that Gaga had to change the ENTIRE industry. She literally changed pop culture. No denying that. 

hoeslay

Well....this is a mixed bag. Did she change pop culture? Yes.

But are people also currently obsessed with and dressing very pre-Gaga 2000s again? Also yes.

Edonis
21 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

Well....this is a mixed bag. Did she change pop culture? Yes.

But are people also currently obsessed with and dressing very pre-Gaga 2000s again? Also yes.

This ^^^ 

Some of the ugliest trends of the early aughts are lowkey about to make a comeback and I'm scared 

monstrosity
2 hours ago, LaFama said:

I mean you can't deny she kept everyone at least trying :messga:

110985-nicki_minaj_will_i_am_red_carpet_

GettyImages-138875267.jpg

88860ef7c8c456f69d31933ad3e39fa8

Wait will.i.am slayed so hard tho wth

Ziggy

I’ll say this: fashion for girl celebs at the time was about creating role models for girls to follow. That means they had to dress like they would, too, but slightly more expensive. Maybe designer jeans but they looked the same as, say, kohl’s.

Gaga shifted how women were marketed more than the styling in particular imo. Women could be legit overt sex symbols again after a decade of “be relatable to the little girls at the mall.” She came up with a different way to market women to consumers.

the *potential* for fashion was always there. Look at Madonna or Grace jones or any older icon Gaga was inspired by.

rasclautmangos

I remember being annoyed that everyone started acting so weird when that Lady Gaga girl came out :ladyhaha:

Mitchey

Yea obv y2k fashion is popular right now, but not red carpet y2k fashion :haroon: it’s always nice being reminded of Gaga’s impact on pop culture. 

StrawberryBlond

I'd forgotten the skirt over trousers trend was a thing. I guess we thought these weird looks were fine because everyone was doing it and there was no one to compare them to. I think for the Disney stars, their looks had to be kept age appropriate too with much being made of any of them wearing a miniskirt or a tube top. And red carpet looks in general were about looking pretty and glamorous, never edgy or bizarre. You can't deny that fashion changed completely when Gaga came along. The way she dressed in 2008 was considered weird when it would be considered perfectly normal for a popstar today.

Watch this be the theme of Met Gala 20 years from now

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Archived