Dojo

AS VS. Toxic  

69 members have voted

1. 1. AS VS. Toxic

• Alien Superstar
    • Toxic

Featured Posts

Dojo

for me, toxic is one of the most beautiful, cinematic, sexiest, mesmerizing pop songs ever!

both ALIEN SUPERSTAR and Toxic exude confidence and their instrumentals are very sophisticated (shout out to the producers of both songs)

✔︎ Vocals

✔︎ Production

✔︎ Overall iconery

Roughhouse Dandy

Both iconic.

Alien Superstar for me because it feels like it has more to it. Like the switch-ups slay me. Toxic is a whole vibe but it stays in one groove until the breakdown. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Dojo
1 minute ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

Both iconic.

Alien Superstar for me because it feels like it has more to it. Like the switch-ups slay me. Toxic is a whole vibe but it stays in one groove until the breakdown. 

Toxic had a lot of up and downs as well, the violins, the reversed violins, the cool opera vocals, that weird pulsating beat before the chorus

but yeah, i agree, Alien Superstar is very rich and extravagant :gaycat:

hieronymus

This comparison seems so left field, but I'm loving it.

Toxic is much more unique and concise. Alien Superstar is made up of a lot of well-established parts that make it a dense, complex listening experience, but therein lies the downfall. It sounds like so many other things.

Doctor Who wasn't wrong.

https://youtu.be/Z7gaxUBbGmg

Cerny

Toxic is an Indian, Surf-Rock, Death-Metal, Dance-Pop masterpiece. 
And Alien Superstar has my depressed arse feeling like this:

75f19d20-c0d7-4e75-b3djelv.gif

613f9b41-8c0f-42c8-852vez0.gif

So both for me.

hieronymus
5 minutes ago, Dojo said:

lmao what they said before playing toxic? i don't understand but iconic indeed!

also, what do you mean by left field? for context 

They were about to watch planet Earth be consumed by the sun as it becomes a red giant in 5 billion years.

I just meant that I'd never think to compare these songs.

SevenAteNine

tbh i didnt vibe with any of the new songs on the album, idk i guess neither, it wasnt a bad album at all! just really not my taste

RIP 9.

Toxic because the violins are both sexy and sinister, the drums make it so catchy. The lyrics are mysterious, the vibe is just a bit dark but sexy. And when you hear this song from afar you realize how special it is. Timeless bop. Who ever done that? TUUUUuuuuuUuuuuUuuuu 

Dojo
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

They're so incomparable lmao

pick one :ally:

4 hours ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Toxic because the violins are both sexy and sinister, the drums make it so catchy. The lyrics are mysterious, the vibe is just a bit dark but sexy. And when you hear this song from afar you realize how special it is. Timeless bop. Who ever done that? TUUUUuuuuuUuuuuUuuuu 

i love this! i think we can compare toxic and poker face? both sexy and sinister :sis:

Archived