Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyoncé's Renaissance debuts at #1 with 332k on Billboard 200

Teletubby

Featured Posts

LilyLark
4 hours ago, Galagala said:

AoTY? Ok... I'll just smile and wait till the result out.

Yeah I stan Bey, like the album, but don't...get the overwhelming adoration. Lemonade, Self Titled, and 4 all are far better imo. Incredibly baffled as to how this is higher than Lemonade on Metacritic and thought that Pitchfork review came off like a straight up stan wrote it. Too much sampling imo-and I get the history of sampling in rap/hip hop, etc. (tho this is more disco), but even by those standards it is a lot. For me, AOTY is Kendrick right now followed by Lizzo and then Harry...waiting on Twigs release, though.

Anyway, still glad she sold v. well! It's a genuine accomplishment considering she's been in the game for around 25 years.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
King of the Fall

Pitchfork tends to hand out rave reviews based on hype, not usually much of an indication about an albums quality. The production is incredible but the lyrics are bland drivel like all her projects and I find it laughable how much she samples and yet the reviews still want us to believe this is some sort of revolutionary album, its nothing of the sort. Still Happy for Beyonce though, this far into her career to be achieving number one albums is very impressive and she has earned it.

Teletubby
3 hours ago, Nathan said:

How does that compare to her last 2?

Billboard changed merch/ticket bundles/shipping/digital sales rules since her last album so I don't think you can compare it.
There are her all debuts on the Billboard:
• Dangerously In Love (317,000)
• B’Day (541,000)
• I Am...Sasha Fierce (482,000)
• 4 (310,000)
• Beyoncé (617,000)
• Lemonade (653,000)

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Teletubby
1 minute ago, The BPD Monster said:

Are the numbers lower or higher than Chromatica? Just curious 

higher (Chromatica: 274,000 units)

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

The BPD Monster
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

higher (Chromatica: 274,000 units)

It makes me sad :fatcat:

King of the Fall

No number one hit though, Chromatica Era could have been even bigger without covid and abandoning promotion so early.

Teletubby
12 hours ago, myluis617 said:

Tbh bad bunny is still gonna be dominating the charts. I think Beyoncé only got 1 week. 

Bad Bunny released CDs this week so he can be #1 next week or YoungBoy Never Broke Again - he released album on Friday with 30 tracks and occupies AppleMusic (his last album earned 137,000 with 23 tracks).

Luke78619
2 hours ago, Killer Angel said:

No number one hit though, Chromatica Era could have been even bigger without covid and abandoning promotion so early.

Isn’t BMS gonna go no.1 this week? Or have the charts been posted already? 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

Isn’t BMS gonna go no.1 this week? Or have the charts been posted already? 

it will be posted today and BMS should be at #1

salty like sodium
14 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

What? Lol. She was happy to win that but wanted to take a moment to thank Beyoncé for being her inspiration. There's also a whole team of writers, producers, composers involved in Adele's album and they all deserve to get their work recognized.

fair point for the team behind the project. but yeah no it was clear last time around that she felt really embarrassed for winning, her body language and actual spoken language says as much. She even broke the statue in half because of how unearned the award felt to give half to Beyoncé. facts are facts.

salty like sodium
17 hours ago, Killer Angel said:

Pitchfork tends to hand out rave reviews based on hype, not usually much of an indication about an albums quality. The production is incredible but the lyrics are bland drivel like all her projects and I find it laughable how much she samples and yet the reviews still want us to believe this is some sort of revolutionary album, its nothing of the sort. Still Happy for Beyonce though, this far into her career to be achieving number one albums is very impressive and she has earned it.

yes, because everyone knows that knowing the right material to sample, the right way to use it, and how to combine it effectively with other samples and original material is not a skill in and of itself, right ... ? :triggered: just because she likes making references to groundbreaking musical moments from the past does not automatically mean she isn't making anything original herself either. most people who sample material use it in much, much less creative ways.

Adrenaliner
23 hours ago, Killer Angel said:

Well what promotion did Beyonce do :laughga:

salty like sodium
1 hour ago, Adrenaliner said:

Well what promotion did Beyonce do :laughga:

agreed, Chromatica had billboards all over, so many music videos and a lot of political actions by Gaga. That also counts as promotion in my book :enigma:

Archived