💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

were you expecting Beyoncé to slay this hard?

Dojo

were you expecting her to serve this hard?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. were you expecting her to serve this hard?

• YES, BMS and RENAISSANCE are amazing ♡︎
    • Honestly, NO, i wasn't expecting this dominance
    • TBH, i was lowkey expecting her to do better? so far not impressed

Featured Posts

DrKindnessKunt1999

I think that my expectations were TOO high. Of course that’s not Beyoncé’s fault. I read a rumor that Renaissance was going to be a multi-genre album with black genres so I expected synth pop, euro dance, techno, etc; 

Dojo
1 minute ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

I read a rumor that Renaissance was going to be a multi-genre album with black genres so I expected synth pop, euro dance, techno, etc; 

instead she made a super cohesive, solid yet risqué creative album, a win for the culture tbh.

DrKindnessKunt1999
2 minutes ago, Dojo said:

instead she made a super cohesive, solid yet risqué creative album, a win for the culture tbh.

There could be a possibility that she’ll still experiment with those genres, since there’s still two more volumes of Renaissance.  

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I didn't expect her to slay this hard and to make music for the gays like this! She's like f*ck the GP, f*ck the locals, I'm going to release a ballroom inspired record for my gay fans 

Tbh the GP will see it as house music and house has been pretty loved by the GP since a while now. I love the album but I wouldn't say she really kinda gave up on the GP and did it for her gay fans despite all the nods to gay culture, black gay culture specifically.

JanStan

Honestly I didn’t think the public would be here for this direction from her but I couldn’t be happier. So yes I’m surprised but happy about it:) 

1 hour ago, Reginald said:

My Stan card has been unexpectedly renewed :giveup: Renaissance did that

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952267434ef684bb3fd3

That ponytail is alive :cryga:

HIM820
41 minutes ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

There could be a possibility that she’ll still experiment with those genres, since there’s still two more volumes of Renaissance.  

Are we sure it’s more new music? I heard a theory the other two acts will be the videos and tour. 

KingRedd

Beyonce impresses me because she finds a way to carry over her styles from past albums yet blend them so well with any genre. Her vocals slay anyone out right now, her arrangements are done so well. She puts effort into it and not just singing a catchy chorus with one layer per vocal lmao no shade. Its an album inspired by ballroom and its cool to see her not care about the GP. 

Pure/Honey, Summer Renaissance, Virgo's Groove, Plastic off a Sofa, and Cuff it  are my faves rn

May I Read You? 😎

killme89

I’ve tried so many times and I just can’t get into it, BUT I’m not about to be all negative because Alien superstar is an amazing song, like I wish the album sounded more like that song because wow. It took me a long time but that song is everything. The rest idc for. I wanted it to feel more “house” but it’s definitely not a bad album. It’s just not for me. 

Archived