💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

HBO MAX No Longer Offers New Movies After 45 Days Windows

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

News regarding the recently-announced HBO Max and Discovery+ merger has been churning out a number of strategic re-directs, from cancellations to ad-supported platforms, leaving customers wondering where stand in this streamer limbo. According to Decider, the notoriously film-friendly HBO Max streamer is making some big changes in regard to what movies will be released, and when. Following the second quarter earnings call on August 4, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslavconfirmed the company's move from the "Project Popcorn" era to a "case-by-case basis" when determining what movies will be available to subscribers.

Under this new regime, Baz Luhrmann's over-$200-million blockbuster Elvis will no longer be gracing HBO Max in the coming week as was previously intended, though a WBD source assures that the film will eventually make its way to the streamer - just no word when.

While the major appeal of HBO Max was the quick turn-around for big blockbusters and HBO originals like An American Pickle with Seth Rogen, it seems the service will be scaling back on both. 

https://collider.com/warner-bros-movies-hbo-max-45-day-release-release-window-cancelled/

Looks like a lot of changes are still happening with HBO under Zaslav, the new owner. He really want you to go back to cinema, or if you want to watch new movies in comfort of your couch, you have to buy on rent it on digital once it's available. 

For anybody who missed it, Zaslav dislike scripted contents. He did reality shows more. Because he thinks scripted contents are expensive to make. And as such, he had pulled at least six made-for-streaming Warner Bros. movies from the service. (Namely; Moonshot, Superintelligence, Locked Down, The Witches, An American Pickle and Charm City Kings)

Since they were streaming originals, don’t expect them to get physical releases, either. They’re just fading from history—art permanently erased so the monopolists have happier spreadsheets.

And this will affect the future of HBO Max, which will be merged with Discovery+ into one new streaming service by the way, which have a strong focus on scripted movies and TV shows. There are the estimate right now is that the HBO Max' Emmy nommed development team will face 70% layoffs.   

Not to mention, diversity issues seems to be nothing to him. On recent report by Bloomberg, (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-28/warner-bros-discovery-leadership-draws-ire-over-diversity), the new CEO of the media conglomerate was afforded six seats on the company's new board. He and Discovery opted to appoint white men to all six of those seats. Zaslav has folks within the company who directly report to him who head up different divisions and oversee various aspects of the larger operations. 13 of the CEO's recent appointments in this department are also white men. WarnerMedia's heads of communications and finance were also replaced with white men who worked with Zaslav at Discovery.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: unknown.. despair.. a lost (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed

Horrible!!!! I thought HBO Max had my back!!! I'm devastated 

GOT, Westworld, Big Little Lies, Watchmen, Lovecraft Country, Raised by Wolves, White Lotus, Hacks, Legendary, etc etc they better keep churning out top-tier, high budget shows!!! And with the movies, I saw so many on HBO! Lol DUNE!! 

Dojo
4 minutes ago, weed said:

Horrible!!!! I thought HBO Max had my back!!! I'm devastated 

GOT, Westworld, Big Little Lies, Watchmen, Lovecraft Country, Raised by Wolves, White Lotus, Hacks, Legendary, etc etc they better keep churning out top-tier, high budget shows!!! And with the movies, I saw so many on HBO! Lol DUNE!! 

euphoria!

This is truly the end of an era. HBO was mostly known if nothing else for its scripted content. 

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you have to stop it. 

And with the firing of 70% of the HBO Max division this is just catastrophic. The GoTs spin-off will probably be canceled as well as The Last Of Us.

Currently HBO Max is the 3rd streaming service in the world. it just doesn't make sense, but it is going to be the opportunity for the Big Three (Netflix, Disney, Amazon) to gain more subscribers and buy the rights of some of shows. 

weed
7 minutes ago, Dojo said:

euphoria!

I still have to watch that :sis: but true! Another massive show

River

Looks like HBO that we knew is over, feels like it’s turning to be a conservative kind of platform

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

LateToCult

Everyone worried about HBO Max but what about Discover +! The travel channel has the best paranormal content. Are we losing that too? :bradley:

Knife

I don't think they're going to cancel all of the scripted shows, so shows like Euphoria and Westworld will probably receive additional seasons until their conclusion.

4 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Everyone worried about HBO Max but what about Discover +! The travel channel has the best paranormal content. Are we losing that too? :bradley:

No because... it is not scripted. So far from what i can see, the new CEO loves Discovery and hates HBO and wants HBO to be a really small part of Discovery

2 minutes ago, Knife said:

I don't think they're going to cancel all of the scripted shows, so shows like Euphoria and Westworld will probably receive additional seasons until their conclusion.

I mean they fired 70% of the Max team including screenwriters... :huntyga:

Anderson123

This is messy and I need to read more about what's going on but I'm here for people going back to cinemas. There are movies I wish I had watched in theaters instead of streaming platforms but this worked well during COVID time.

Archived