💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Anitta, Panic! at the Disco & more to perform at 2022 MTV VMAs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic
Just now, TheFame Monster said:

Yeah idk what happened but I miss the anticipation and experience of the VMAs. It’s been a decline for a decade now. I couldn’t even name artists that I’d want to see perform or who had huge hits in the past year

You're probably too young to remember this but back in the late 90s/early 2000s the VMAs we're literally PACKED with stars like Madonna, Britney, Christina, Missy Elliott, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, JLO, Coldplay, Linkin Park, The White Stripes, etc

Teletubby
35 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Something tells me the VMAs are on their way out. They used to be a cultural event like a miniature Oscars. Now they are a joke and no one watches or cares imo. Yes I know Gaga performed but I could definitely see her distancing herself for a while and maybe reappearing in a while like Madonna has. 

Gaga is too big for them anyways :legend:

Artists no longer need these awards shows to promote their music. Line-ups on every show, even on Grammys Awards are underwhelming now.

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

BlingNotTheMusic
5 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Artists no longer need these awards shows to promote their music. Line-ups on every show, even on Grammys Awards are underwhelming now.

It's just sad because that era is coming to a close. It was so cool seeing your favs interacting with other celebs like they used to have musicians presenting or doing skits with famous actors. It was a whole vibe. 

tyler k
3 hours ago, KORG said:

The new Panic material has been trash & mixed off key..

and Brendon Urie is a shi*t human too so..... 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

TheFame Monster
57 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

You're probably too young to remember this but back in the late 90s/early 2000s the VMAs we're literally PACKED with stars like Madonna, Britney, Christina, Missy Elliott, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, JLO, Coldplay, Linkin Park, The White Stripes, etc

No that’s what I’m talking about. The last time I remember a show full of stars was 2011 when there was Gaga, Britney, Jay Z, Adele, Beyonce, Bruno Mars. There hasn’t been a lineup like that since

48 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

and Brendon Urie is a shi*t human too so..... 

No he isn't, that was a heavily skewed load of nonsense.

tyler k
5 hours ago, KORG said:

No he isn't, that was a heavily skewed load of nonsense.

care to explain why?

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

SlaeUrAnus
8 hours ago, tmo13 said:

care to explain why?

What did he do? I always thought he was a nice person :noparty:

In my messy era.

9 hours ago, tmo13 said:

care to explain why?

Sure. If its about what I think it is.

When he was younger he made a joke about ràpe, which isn't really a great thing to do but in the grand scheme of things... not harmful unless you're easily triggered. I'll advised.

He was accused by a fan of sexual assault. However, there's no evidence of these claims, no action taken & I could just as easily make stuff up. Fans do weird ****.

I'm not defending him, I'm simply not hyper-sensitive about JOKES which are meant to be funny in a ridiculous way, perception is down to personal taste, and I'm on the side of truth... and the burden of proof is with the claimant, and no proof has been given.

Seeing as much as I've seen from him in twitch stream clips and such, he's a hyperactive guy who is a little out there and made mistakes that do not define him as a person. 

I dont think my actions or yours should define us for the rest of our lives... unless it's absolutely proven and absolutely unforgivable.

Sorcerer

Wow they flopped so hard. The last interesting VMAs was the one with Gaga, Ariana, and The Weeknd.

SarahYuko

If they decline further, would these award shows just... end? At some point? Plus there's always been so much talk about the shady politics behind the scenes like in the Grammys, which I can only assume has put off a lot of artists from participating in their events. They could rebrand, maybe; that'd be interesting.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:44 PM, TheFame Monster said:

Yeah idk what happened but I miss the anticipation and experience of the VMAs. It’s been a decline for a decade now. I couldn’t even name artists that I’d want to see perform or who had huge hits in the past year

What happened was the running of the show changed it from a semi-decent legit awards show for mainstream into a completely edited, scripted reality TV show where legit nothing matters.

See: Gaga 2013 vma controversy and mtv "deciding" miles would get the buzz after, regardless of what she was doing, purely by downgrading everyone else.

Archived