💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Carly Rae Jepsen - Beach House

Pop Music

Featured Posts

marrytheminogue

It’s fun and would be an alright album track but it just does nothing for me for a second single.

I just wish the production had more depth, a longer and more impactful chorus, and Carly’s vocals not being so overdominated by the band’s male vocals.

Pop Music
1 minute ago, marrytheminogue said:

Carly’s vocals not being so overdominated by the band’s male vocals.

this I agree with even as a Carly stan she needs to not let the men have the mic when she's singing 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

VasilisVas

Lowkey cute song. Should’ve been released start of summer, though, not in august. 

marrytheminogue
10 minutes ago, Pop Music said:

this I agree with even as a Carly stan she needs to not let the men have the mic when she's singing 

Exactly, especially when the song is only 2:30 as it is and we have men singing on the chorus and the bridge (literally about half of the song!). I get the concept of it within the context of the song but it just doesn’t feel like a solo Carly single at all.

In fact, I think we hear more of Carly on ‘Move Me’ which she was just a feature on.

bpmMonkey
1 hour ago, marrytheminogue said:

It’s fun and would be an alright album track but it just does nothing for me for a second single.

I just wish the production had more depth, a longer and more impactful chorus, and Carly’s vocals not being so overdominated by the band’s male vocals.

Do singles actually matter anymore? Just wondering, I never really pay much attention if a song has been released as single or not.. I think it might be just a fun little window in the album thats coming. 
Also i just love her voice; so light and airy ♥️

marrytheminogue
1 hour ago, gypsy Hero said:

Do singles actually matter anymore? Just wondering, I never really pay much attention if a song has been released as single or not.. I think it might be just a fun little window in the album thats coming. 
Also i just love her voice; so light and airy ♥️

Completely agree singles are less relevant now than what they used to be, but pre-album singles should still showcase the album to get people pre-ordering. So I’m just hoping that this isn’t “the best” of the album as I find it pretty lacklustre in comparison to her other work, especially the lush WW!

marrytheminogue

Quickly played around making some alt cover arts for Beach House to match those for WW / The Loneliest Time for anyone that’s interested:

5-F03-EACE-2-F1-B-4-C66-89-E9-80-F2-EDD4

71440-DC6-C3-FE-4-B6-C-841-C-BF71685-E1-

71440-DC6-C3-FE-4-B6-C-841-C-BF71685-E1-

StrawberryBlond

Cute and fun summer song, like it much better than Western Wind. The verses are a little too short but at least they're funny. The way the chorus ends reminds me when LMFAO sang "sorry for party rocking" and the whole song has the distinct air of Cake By The Ocean about it. I love that dark humour with the lake house line! If any hot new name had this song, it would probably be a major hit but Carly will most likely be overlooked, which is a pity.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:44 PM, VasilisVas said:

Lowkey cute song. Should’ve been released start of summer, though, not in august. 

I don't think artists who hail from warm states/countries really care about what time of year it is when they release "summer" songs. Where they're from, it's summer everyday and as America is the world's biggest music market and there's so many states that are hot all year round, there will always be a demand for summer music from millions of people all year round. I hear American artists releasing summer music at the tail end of summer or even in autumn, it's just the way things are. And in any case, if it becomes a hit, it'll be set to be blasting all through summers to come. Teenage Dream is such a summer album and it was released at the end of August but it was so popular the following summer and every summer since. I live somewhere that only has a few months of warm weather a year, which is the only time we want summer music so I sometimes wonder what it must be like to live in a place where summer never goes away and summer music is just a normal part of everyday life!

Archived