opinion

Tired of the Stupid Love disrespect

Chic

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaybeKermit

I dont listen too often to it but it was soooo fun to dance to it at the chromatica ball, such a highlight.

that being said, I’ll never forgive her for that video/those visuals as the leadsingle lmao, way too tacky and “cheap” looking

Edonis

I still love the song and bop to it when it comes on, but I do think in retrospect it was a poor lead single choice, probably by Interscope’s own strange marketing decisions (i.e. Perfect Illusion being chosen as a lead because you can dance to it, Applause being chosen because of its lyrics and relationship to the fame, etc.). 

I think it would’ve worked if we had a proper visual album to experience the chromatica journey and see the changes between the story and tone of the record, but that didn’t really happen. Instead it set an expectation that didn’t really pan out for the album and turned off a lot of causal fans and listeners who wrote off the record as lacking depth. 

The video is not my fave either, but it does have some interesting looks! 

RAMROD

Who is slandering Stupid Love?! :dom:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

holy scheisse

My only qualm is how many songs is she gonna make about “wanting love” :messga: 

The song is just bad romance but manic instead of depressed :sis:

but tbh I don’t hate SL it’s fun when you’re in the happy mood for it 

Economy

I never disliked it. But its mid tier on the album for me. Not one of my favs on chromatica but not near the bottom either

Dirtyicecreamz

sorry but its her worst song for me. terrible first single too

Stop the music, Start the drama.

JustTea

I don't like the chorus because it has cringey lyrics, choreo and instrumental... :smh: Also the video is very meh after the first prechorus and looks way too cheap. :iamfair:

GAGASEXUAL
10 hours ago, Blackout19 said:

Same here with Free Woman & 1000 Doves

They are really the worst to be honest

I don't hate Stupid Love, but  I do resent it, I hold a grudge against it.

When they announced that it was going to be the lead single, the song should have gone straight to Gaga and said 'Don't put me in, coach, I can't handle it'. Instead, it selfishly allowed itself to be pushed forward, and a great album found itself being represented by a song that wasn't even among its top 10 tracks and which just didn't sound like its brothers and sisters at all.

Disappointed both by the behaviour of the song itself and by Gaga's decision-making. She's normally better than this when it comes to music stuff.

Sherry

Yasss it's so good. Makes me feel nostalgic when born this way came out. The whole chromatica album slaps. And it's up there with Born This Way and the Fame Monster 

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

Benji

It’s one of my favourite Gaga songs ever.  I was born in the 90’s and it reminds me of running around funfairs and the carnies blaring dance music.

I can’t explain it but it just sounds like the crazy artwork on the rides, I love it.

miami-trip-3-fairground-ride-at-the-lond

miami-trip-1.jpg

Archived