Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Britney Spears fans criticise singer for calling out Catholic church

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Britney Spears chided a Catholic church for refusing to host her wedding in Los Angeles as it required her and boyfriend Sam Asghari to be an active member of the church.

The pop artist shared a picture from an anonymous couple's wedding at a church with the message, "This is where I originally wanted to get married during COVID 👰🏼♀️ !!!!""I wanted to go every Sunday...it's beautiful and they said it was temporarily shut down due to COVID !!!!" Britney, who studied Kabbalah in addition to being raised as a Southern Baptist, wrote. "Then 2 years later when I wanted to get married there they said I had to be catholic and go through TEST !!!!" 

Fans of 'Toxic' singer swarmed the comments section of her post with various kinds of views. Some defended the place of worship by pointing out that most Catholic churches demand that at least one partner profess the religion in order to get married there. 

"Britney coming for the church. Iconic," one person commented.
One fan wrote, "Giiiirrll this is a MESS! To get married in the Catholic Church yes you have to be catholic it's not just a random venue."
Another remarked, "Some traditions need to be respected Britney."

A spokesperson for the church said there were no records to indicate Spears ever reached out about her wedding. The spokesperson confirmed that to be wed at the facility, at least one person in the marriage needs to be Catholic.  source source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

What is she up to now :smh:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

berlinforme

It's naive of her to think she could marry at a catholic church without being catholic, but having to take a test first? Come on, what a weird way to gatekeep religion.
Atheism would be the best thing to happen to the world. 

Gimme More

Only weird conspiracy theorist ‘fans’ are saying anything, let’s not make our like all fans are.

Also shes Britney Spears, ofcourse she’d have used an alias to enquire.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Killa

Little did she know there would be a mass, boring as hell. That consists of standing up, sitting another club and another club

Reject False Icons

weddings are probably the most profitable events for the church, but well 

RAMROD

She is more likely not Britney fan, she just said she love her, she is more like Jessica Simpzn stan tbh with you, since she came from gospel world before singing pop. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

tylerjs

I promise no one actually cares about this lol

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

DiamondHeart326

**** the church. Churches in general. You find a much closer relationship to a higher power and the universe when you remove "god" from "religion" and "religion" from "god" your church is ANYWHERE you feel at peace enough to connect.

HIM820
8 hours ago, berlinforme said:

It's naive of her to think she could marry at a catholic church without being catholic, but having to take a test first? Come on, what a weird way to gatekeep religion.
Atheism would be the best thing to happen to the world. 

I assume by test they mean baptism, communion and catechism which would take years…

Plastic Flower
10 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

I assume by test they mean baptism, communion and catechism which would take years…

You can't get married without those. 

If you're not Catholic don't bother lmao. It makes no sense.

Drop it

rasclautmangos

Why would you even want to get married in a Catholic church if you aren't Catholic? Just because it's beautiful? There are so many other beautiful places to get married where no particular religion is being pushed upon anyone.

Archived