💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

ARTPOP title announcement turns 10

Lighter

Featured Posts

marrytheminogue

I love being reminded about all that drama and chaos that always surrounded ARTPOP, but it’s v bittersweet now knowing what Gaga was going through during that time and how things ended up playing out.

But anyways - ‘ARTPOP: ACT II - The Aphrodite After Party Re-Up Dope Edition’ title reveal when!? 🔵:koons: 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EGOT2027

i would LOVE a 10th anniversary era for ARTPOP but i fear she’ll be busy filming joker at that time 

Lighter
34 minutes ago, EGOT2027 said:

i would LOVE a 10th anniversary era for ARTPOP but i fear she’ll be busy filming joker at that time 

i have the strongest feeling she let DJ White Shadow plan it out when the album had a resurgence last year that involved him being in contact with her and stuff after hog wrapped up, manifesting

Lighter
2 hours ago, SS77 said:

I remember this day hahahaha

She kept asking if fans had any questions about ARTPOP, and 99% of them just ended up asking if they could go backstage :ladyhaha:

i’ve watched this before, didn’t remember it being this awkward:laughga:

marrytheminogue
1 hour ago, Lighter said:

i have the strongest feeling she let DJ White Shadow plan it out when the album had a resurgence last year that involved him being in contact with her and stuff after hog wrapped up, manifesting

Completely agree with this. I’d imagine anything for ARTPOP’s 10th anniversary would be similar to BTW: Reimagined (where other artists handled the extra material) or Dawn of Chromatica (where BloodPop took the lead) with minimal effort required from Gaga herself.

SpadesToStart

When I listen to Stache and the MJH demo, I really wish we could have heard the original ARTPOP that would have manifested if she hadn’t broken her hip and taken an extra 9 months to tinker.

(No shade to the ARTPOP we got however)

Stone S
11 hours ago, Warhol Killer said:

I remember those "the decay of the blonde superstar" concepts, princess high, and the fake rumored green hair - purple skin album cover. 2012-2013 was an ICONIC era but a mess at the same time. Chaos.

The most nostalgic time for a little monster like me

Welcome to Industria

TheEdgeof96
5 hours ago, myluis617 said:

Bruh those days 🥰🥰 I still miss the hype though. 

I think I preferred the BTW roll out… it felt like forever from the ShowStudio interview until we really started getting details closer to Christmas 2010, but it was so exciting. BTW at the VMAs and he meat dress, the teaser pic on New Years, the BTW lyrics, Scheiße and Government Hooker at Mugler, the Grammys, the music videos… 

ARTPOP felt more stressful to me 😂 we were all so desperate for clues and hints and clinging to everything we could get, and then the blackout when she broke her hip… OOF. We’ve been through it!

RudraCNG

Wow, so much information I didn't know on this thread (I wasn't a fan til later ARTPOP era). Thank you so much guys for sharing all of this.

ChrissyBot
21 hours ago, KORG said:

What anexciting time for us as fans. We were drip fed so much during this long ass lead up to release.

Gotta wonder what the album was like at this point though. No Dope, no MJH..

"Private in Public" is still a dreadful  name you guys clung on to.

It's so sad knowing now that behind the scenes she was being fought with about her own career.

The original ARTPOP was something like this

Burqa

ARTPOP

G.U.Y (Girl Under You)

Sex Dreams

Tea

MANiCURE

Do What You Want (With My Body)

Jewels and Drugs (feat. Twista)

Swine

Donatella 

Fashion! (Feat. Will.i.am)

Mary Jane Holland 

Heard It On The Radio

Sire

Onion Girl 

Tinnitus

Ratchet (feat. Azealia Banks)

Partynauseous (feat. Kendrick Lamar)

In Like With You 

Princess Die

Brooklyn Nights

Maren

Temple

Gypsy

Applause 

the original lead single was Burqa

she planned to start the album campaign in March 2013 when the BTWB ended but obviously her hip injury delayed everything

the guy who leaked all those ARTPOP demos (Farhan) told me something like this via Twitter DMs back in May 2018

ChrissyBot
7 hours ago, gagzus said:

In her defence, the “era” was supposed to start in that September with her featuring on Bitch Dont Kill My Vibe and releasing PARTYNASEOUS with Kendrick featuring on the song. Hence the album title announcement.

idk if you or anyone remembers, but back in the day but she posted A LOT on LittleMonsters.com and she posted that she had like 3-4 meetings for the album release and she even announced PN was getting released on Sept 9th 2012 (presumably as the lead single) then the date came and went and then radio silence til her hip injury on the album. 

im sure I remember they were pushing an album release originally during the last leg of the BTWB then it got pushed back to April 2013 then till the final release date.

I was told that in these meetings they were trying to release Burqa as the lead single on March 22, 2013 and release ARTPOP on April 12, 2013. The guy who leaked all those ARTPOP demos in 2017 (Farhan) told me this via Twitter DM in May 2018. I would share screenshots but I don’t have the account anymore

ChrissyBot
3 hours ago, SpadesToStart said:

When I listen to Stache and the MJH demo, I really wish we could have heard the original ARTPOP that would have manifested if she hadn’t broken her hip and taken an extra 9 months to tinker.

(No shade to the ARTPOP we got however)

Apparently this was the original ARTPOP

and I think it would have been released between March-May 2013

Burqa

ARTPOP

G.U.Y

Sex Dreams

Jewels and Drugs (feat. Twista)

Manicure

Do What You Want (With My Body)

Swine

Donatella 

Fashion! (Feat. Will.i.am)

Mary Jane Holland 

Temple

Brooklyn Nights 

Heard It On The Radio

Sire

Tea

Onion Girl 

Tinnitus

Princess Die 

Ratchet (feat. Azealia Banks)

Partynauseous (feat. Kendrick Lamar)

In Like With You 

Maren

Gypsy

Applause 

DISCOxHEAVEN

Can't believe it's been 10 years. Time passes by so quickly.

Exciting and great times back then. BTW era was amazing too.

ChrissyBot
12 hours ago, ChavaWM said:

The tease of Private in Public, Penthaus Pu**y, Element of Crime, what did they mean?!

I’m waiting for these songs to leak if they exist :ohwell:

Archived