💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

ARTPOP title announcement turns 10

Lighter

Featured Posts

Anderson123

Ugh the wait for ARTPOP was an era itself. She used to share so much with us back then and can't blame her for not doing that anymore. A lot of stuff that she plans, ends up getting cancelled or postponed and it's not her fault. I'm honestly glad she kept Joanne and Chromatica under wraps til they were ready to be announced and talked about. 

These were also instrumentals we heard during that time and I thought that's what the album would sound like:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
M i K E Y

Anyone remember that backstage pic of Gaga with a dark ARTPOP concept pic hanging in the bg?

edit: found them

0-C77-F9-B6-4-F2-A-43-DE-B365-259-FB1-E4

401-CDE1-A-0-C90-4-DDD-9-E0-B-C73-E942-A

gagzus
8 hours ago, Original Diva said:

Wait ARTPOP was announced more than a year before its release?? Damn Gaga really kept us waiting oml

In her defence, the “era” was supposed to start in that September with her featuring on Bitch Dont Kill My Vibe and releasing PARTYNASEOUS with Kendrick featuring on the song. Hence the album title announcement.

idk if you or anyone remembers, but back in the day but she posted A LOT on LittleMonsters.com and she posted that she had like 3-4 meetings for the album release and she even announced PN was getting released on Sept 9th 2012 (presumably as the lead single) then the date came and went and then radio silence til her hip injury on the album. 

im sure I remember they were pushing an album release originally during the last leg of the BTWB then it got pushed back to April 2013 then till the final release date.

HausOfAntonio
8 minutes ago, M i K E Y said:

Anyone remember that backstage pic of Gaga with a dark ARTPOP concept pic hanging in the bg?

THE Iconic lip injection era :legend: When everyone was LOSING IT because she said LA and Hollywood weren’t so bad after all :bradley: And then she started hanging out with Lindsay and released a perfume and everyone was like the Old Gaga would never approve of this what happened to her she’s selling out etc etc :lmao:If only they saw Haus Labs coming round the corner :smh:

HausOfAntonio
7 minutes ago, gagzus said:

In her defence, the “era” was supposed to start in that September with her featuring on Bitch Dont Kill My Vibe and releasing PARTYNASEOUS with Kendrick featuring on the song. Hence the album title announcement.

idk if you or anyone remembers, but back in the day but she posted A LOT on LittleMonsters.com and she posted that she had like 3-4 meetings for the album release and she even announced PN was getting released on Sept 9th 2012 (presumably as the lead single) then the date came and went and then radio silence til her hip injury on the album. 

im sure I remember they were pushing an album release originally during the last leg of the BTWB then it got pushed back to April 2013 then till the final release date.

Yeah they were probably trying to pull a BTW single era during the Monster Ball where they would add the lead single to the setlist and hype up the album!

G U C C I
5 hours ago, ImMatt said:

Don't forget the White Rose Thorns shenanigans...anyone else remember every picture she posted had a white rose in and we all spent ages trying to decipher it? 

I still believe that she will do something that includes a white rose theme :bradley:

gagzus
Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

Yeah they were probably trying to pull a BTW single era during the Monster Ball where they would add the lead single to the setlist and hype up the album!

I’ve double checked and correction to myself; PN was the LEAD SINGLE for Kendrick’s album and was coming on September 6th 2012.

Gaga and his team argued over the sound, Gaga wanted the version from artRAVE but his team wanted the leaked hip-hop version. His team won the argument and wanted to make it his lead single, but then Gaga fought back when his team said her visions for the songs were “too gay”

Roughhouse Dandy

And here I am in my greasepaint crossing my fingers for an ACT II or anniversary edition or ANYTHING to continue our ARTPOP adventure. 

This is my Hannah Montanaâ„ąïž lipgloss.

HausOfAntonio
2 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I’ve double checked and correction to myself; PN was the LEAD SINGLE for Kendrick’s album and was coming on September 6th 2012.

Gaga and his team argued over the sound, Gaga wanted the version from artRAVE but his team wanted the leaked hip-hop version. His team won the argument and wanted to make it his lead single, but then Gaga fought back when his team said her visions for the songs were “too gay”

I remember that. She defended him and scrapped the collab :bradley: the beginning of the end :nooo:

gagzus
4 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I remember that. She defended him and scrapped the collab :bradley: the beginning of the end :nooo:

Yeah, I think Kendrick also was low-key homophobic as well because, I remember when J&D debuted she made a big deal about the rappers being on a song by a gay icon and with a gay following and not being afraid to be. Because back then Kendrick was just starting out and it was sort of when black artists who make music for black people and referencing black culture started coming to the forefront (Kendrick, BeyoncĂ© not collaborating with Gaga, Nicki’s swift genre shift back from pop to rap) and the hip-hop community 10 years ago was very much against being seen as being pro-gay

I think her original vision for AP was going into a more hip-hop/r&b/trap route because we know she was obsessed with artists who make that music on tour. But I think too much happened behind the scenes.

gagzus
25 minutes ago, M i K E Y said:

Off topic, remember when she used to take meet & greet photos with like 30 fans in her BED backstage after the show omg.

On topic: it was a fan made album cover online from Coverlandia I think she liked the drama in the image 

myluis617
8 hours ago, TheEdgeof96 said:

The wait for ARTPOP was horrible
 she started teasing pretty soon after BTW, and if I remember correctly it was originally planned for Q4 2012 and was delayed to H1 2013, then got delayed again because of her hip. Summer 2012 was a wild time between her Tumblr and LittleMonsters.com. So much hinting about Private in Public, the fall of blonde icons, and princess themes. 😂

:icega:

Bruh those days đŸ„°đŸ„° I still miss the hype though. 

HausOfAntonio
18 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Yeah, I think Kendrick also was low-key homophobic as well because, I remember when J&D debuted she made a big deal about the rappers being on a song by a gay icon and with a gay following and not being afraid to be. Because back then Kendrick was just starting out and it was sort of when black artists who make music for black people and referencing black culture started coming to the forefront (Kendrick, BeyoncĂ© not collaborating with Gaga, Nicki’s swift genre shift back from pop to rap) and the hip-hop community 10 years ago was very much against being seen as being pro-gay

I think her original vision for AP was going into a more hip-hop/r&b/trap route because we know she was obsessed with artists who make that music on tour. But I think too much happened behind the scenes.

Ugh didn’t know that about Kendrick :wtf:

myluis617
20 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Off topic, remember when she used to take meet & greet photos with like 30 fans in her BED backstage after the show omg.

On topic: it was a fan made album cover online from Coverlandia I think she liked the drama in the image 

I literally was talking to a friend the other day about how there was e meme on littlemonsters.com where someone compared how other celebs would do meet and greets where they are distanced from their fans compared to Gaga where she would be all over the fans or letting them touch her. I was looking for it but couldn’t find it. 

Archived