Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

ARTPOP title announcement turns 10

Lighter

Featured Posts

Head Empty
3 minutes ago, Original Diva said:

OMG I remember this.

Also, didn't she only end up using the fibre optic wig for that Alan Carr performance or something??

She also wore it with the Rolling Stones, but it wasn't very noticable because of the stage lighting.

2e3b949a73d9c247b59b6f1971412000--ronnie-wood-artpop.jpgarticle-0-16893C4C000005DC-729_634x763.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ImMatt
2 hours ago, Warhol Killer said:

I remember those "the decay of the blonde superstar" concepts, princess high, and the fake rumored green hair - purple skin album cover. 2012-2013 was an ICONIC era but a mess at the same time. Chaos.

Don't forget the White Rose Thorns shenanigans...anyone else remember every picture she posted had a white rose in and we all spent ages trying to decipher it? 

Sneaky Oliver
3 hours ago, TheEdgeof96 said:

The wait for ARTPOP was horrible…

By horrible you mean the best time of our lives ?!?!?!?? :bradley:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Regina George

To be fair she did make a chat group on littlemonsters webside called “ARTPOP” few days before this so I always looked at that as the official announcement but this was iconic. I remember like it was yesterday. Kinda sad how time passes so quickly…

NightStar
4 hours ago, TheEdgeof96 said:

The wait for ARTPOP was horrible… she started teasing pretty soon after BTW, and if I remember correctly it was originally planned for Q4 2012 and was delayed to H1 2013, then got delayed again because of her hip. Summer 2012 was a wild time between her Tumblr and LittleMonsters.com. So much hinting about Private in Public, the fall of blonde icons, and princess themes. 😂

:icega:

but she announced so much at the Skype Ball, how could you fail to mention that? :ally:

ristretto
3 hours ago, KORG said:

What anexciting time for us as fans. We were drip fed so much during this long ass lead up to release.

Gotta wonder what the album was like at this point though. No Dope, no MJH..

"Private in Public" is still a dreadful  name you guys clung on to.

It's so sad knowing now that behind the scenes she was being fought with about her own career.

MJH existed then, she played it for the fans who came backstage in Stockholm later that month :)

Noir

2012 was such an odd Gaga memory 

Ratchet, a song with Beyonce and Rihanna, Lindsay Lohan promised in her next video, the decline of the blonde... so iconic 

Born This Way

I remember all the theories about how the T was curved a little on the top and how that was supposed to be for the Aries symbol.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

1 hour ago, ristretto said:

MJH existed then, she played it for the fans who came backstage in Stockholm later that month :)

Oo maybe Applause, then? Better times before that came around

gumzy3000
11 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

For reals :wtfga: I remember when Stuck on Fckn You came out and we all were like WTF. And then checking GGD every day for the latest rumor or tease...her wheelchair pics :bradley:

Omg sis, I actually really like that song but it was a confusing time for sure! Remember the gold wheelchair? :triggered:

I felt like the teases were so mysterious for ARTPOP. There was so much stuff happening and no one knew what to expect from ARTPOP. It was an EDM album but then Gaga was obsessed with Disney, astrology, Greek/roman mythology, and Burqas. :giggle:

trolly troll troll

27monster27
4 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

She also wore it with the Rolling Stones, but it wasn't very noticable because of the stage lighting.

2e3b949a73d9c247b59b6f1971412000--ronnie-wood-artpop.jpgarticle-0-16893C4C000005DC-729_634x763.jpg

And on Alan Carr Chattyman a year later:

he/him/his

NATAH
31 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

I felt like the teases were so mysterious for ARTPOP.

here's a deep cut some old fans might remember: the mysterious frame from that BTWB stage time lapse video :flop: 

mother, what must i do?

I remember this day hahahaha

She kept asking if fans had any questions about ARTPOP, and 99% of them just ended up asking if they could go backstage :ladyhaha:

ModernEcstasy

Honestly, this throwback gives me so many mixed emotions. 
I genuinely Love ARTPOP. I saw Gaga live for the first time at artRAVE and the album was exactly what I wanted from her. (I’ll never forget Swinefest). 

But at the same time, it always makes me think about how low Gaga was during those days. 
I remember seeing her SXSW performance and thinking “okay, I don’t think she is coping well, right now” and even though I already loved this woman, that was the day I realised how much I connect with her and how she really is just a human :hug:

But here we are all these years later and ARTPOP is possibly the album that has built those most memories for me. I can’t thank Gaga enough for bringing it into my life. 

Archived