Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyoncé removed interpolation of Kelis’ Milkshake from Energy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Future Lovers
9 hours ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

She should remove all samples and start something original 

By that same log though, Gaga should remove all the samples for Poker Face, Alejandro, Rain on Me, Replay, Judas, Babylon, You and I, Born This Way, Bad Kids, etc. Samples are much, much, much more prominent thing in pop music than people realize. Renaissance is unique in that it employing samples is part of it's concept and how it's marketed, it's usually done without a word said on it save for a credit. Almost every major pop or dance artist in the business today has sampled. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llemesm

She really used all the music and names without permission thinking nobody was gonna complaint about it...

RudraCNG

I've been streaming the album on Spotify since it was released but thank God i have a digital "copy" so I can still listening to the "original" songs.

salty like sodium
On 8/2/2022 at 7:41 PM, Reginald said:

Hive I'm gonna need someone to send a link to the original song :bradley: 

buy the cd, it's gonna be pretty rare to own a copy with the two original songs before they got changed (heated and energy) at some point :staymad:

littlepotter
On 8/2/2022 at 9:32 PM, Ororo Munroe said:

the album will literally have no beats, lyrics and instrumentals by the end of this month. :bradley: 

Hdjsndnsmsnjdmsjdnd

chaeri pls

salty like sodium
On 8/2/2022 at 10:41 PM, tmo13 said:

the gag is that the article the OP isnt real lmfaooooo

she's only changing the word from Heated apparently, nothing about changing an instrumental

I think a stan did this so they'd get the song more streams:lmao:

you really need to pay closer attention to things before spreading misinformation. ENERGY was in fact changed. They removed the "lalalalala, la la" at the end because that's the part that was taken from Kelis's performance (the beats were Pharrell so fair game). Nothing is fake here except from your comment.

salty like sodium
On 8/3/2022 at 9:26 AM, CautiousLurker said:

Ever since the album dropped, these threads have been kinda yikes-y, ngl - what's going on? I thought yall liked Bey, why is every Renaissance-related thread so... unpleasant to read :laughga:

because a lot of GGD users are either racist or sexist so they can't bear the idea that any performer who isn't Gaga (or white) can have success and good music :enigma::messga:

salty like sodium
16 hours ago, llemesm said:

She really used all the music and names without permission thinking nobody was gonna complaint about it...

She didn't ...? :triggered: She reached out to all the teams she sampled and made sure she got all the clearance she needed. Just that by legal terms not everyone needed to be reached out to and she didn't go further than what was legally required, since ... wait for it ... it wasn't a legal requirement. :saladga: She sampled and credited absolutely everyone she referenced, even something as trivial as a "lalalalalala", which isn't anything anyone else in the industry would bother doing. Literally any one else in the industry (including your faves I'm sure) would just take something and not even mention where it's from so ... :koons:

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, salty like sodium said:

because a lot of GGD users are either racist or sexist so they can't bear the idea that any performer who isn't Gaga (or white) can have success and good music :enigma::messga:

It's mainly about who's perceived as bigger than Gaga imo. When white artists like Taylor, Billie, Bieber, sheran or grande were at a peak this site was tough on them overall because of some monsters feeling "threatened".

Meanwhile Rihanna globally get a lot of love on GGD and even more since she's not releasing music. Same for normani who's not perceived as a threat or many legends like Whitney or Janet.

If Bey carreer was declining it would be the same for her imo.

Teletubby
19 hours ago, llemesm said:

they had all legal permissions. if you want to use someone song you have to ask people who have right to it. often it is not the performer of the song.

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

salty like sodium
1 hour ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

It's mainly about who's perceived as bigger than Gaga imo. When white artists like Taylor, Billie, Bieber, sheran or grande were at a peak this site was tough on them overall because of some monsters feeling "threatened".

Meanwhile Rihanna globally get a lot of love on GGD and even more since she's not releasing music. Same for normani who's not perceived as a threat or many legends like Whitney or Janet.

If Bey carreer was declining it would be the same for her imo.

that's definitely fair but there's so much ridiculous criticisms levelled at beyoncé for no reason here like "her music all sounds the same" (it does not) "she has a million writers" (it's called crediting your samples) etc. her success really seems to trigger a lot of people on here for some reason imo

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, salty like sodium said:

that's definitely fair but there's so much ridiculous criticisms levelled at beyoncé for no reason here like "her music all sounds the same" (it does not) "she has a million writers" (it's called crediting your samples) etc. her success really seems to trigger a lot of people on here for some reason imo

Indeed, her music is really diverse actually.

For the writers debate I think that, even without the samples-related credits, there are still a lot of writers for the original parts like 7 out of 24 on alien superstar, the most writers crowded track of Renaissance that Warren was kinda shading recently. Now tbh I don't think it's a problem to have that much co-writers. Yes it could be a sign she's not writing a lot of her music but you can't have it all lol.

Also I think that the fact medias tell us every Bey career move is a major cultural event to witness make people more demanding with her therefore more quickly blasé with her. Since her eponymous album nearly a decade ago she's been presented as MJ this generation when it's quite a reach since no stars alive has even a fairly similar success/ impact as he did. Even jay z joined in saying that MJ didn't get his beychella as if he had something to envy from Bey in terms of iconic stage moments.

This type of stuffs like the Oscar performance that was sold as groundreaking to us in advance to finally be quite casual was an other example. Meanwhile in barely a decade Rihanna who's not over-sold to us get more followed, richer and has 2 times more #1 songs than Bey yet she's not getting all this jealousy, annoyment... She's like a big sister, not a messiah so on her it flies lol.

PS: Sorry for the novel lmao! 😂

Archived