💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyoncé removed interpolation of Kelis’ Milkshake from Energy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Retro Dance Freak
30 minutes ago, AYURO said:

Oh woah, a cheap and gratuitous Taylor joke. Have a good sleep tonight, you deserve it :ladyhaha:

Taylor is my most streamed artist. It wasn’t hate. Try again. 

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chlorine Sevigny
20 minutes ago, Meat said:

10 out of the 17 producers on Beyoncé’s last album were white men. Only one of those 17 producers (apart from herself) was a woman. I guess that’s enough for me to say that her team is filled with white men, isn’t it? 

I don't know where you got this information from, but I just went through the entire official list of producers credited on Renaissance, and of the 32 listed, 23 of them are black, and of those 23, 4 of them are women. Beyoncé is obviously listed as a producer on everything, so that makes 5 women. Here is the total list I broke down:

Black Producers

Al Cres
Bah
Beam
Boi-1da
Brittany “Chi” Coney (of Nova Wav) (woman)
Cadenza
Christopher “Tricky” Stewart
Denisia “Blu June” Andrews (of Nova Wav) (woman)
GuiltyBeatz
Hit-Boy
Honey Dijon (woman)
Jahaan Sweet
Kelman Duran
Leven Kali
Lil Ju
Neenyo
No I.D.
P2J
Raphael Saadiq
Sevn Thomas
Syd (woman)
Symbolyc One
The-Dream

White Producers

A.G. Cook
BloodPop
Chris Penny
Jameil Aossey
Jens Christian Isaken
Luke Solomon
Mike Dean
Rissi
Skrillex

If there are any errors on this list please correct it because I didn't know who most people were and looked everyone up. But I think it's very safe to say, your statement referring to Beyoncé's "team full of white men" is categorically false. 

Mocchi
1 minute ago, Retro Dance Freak said:

Taylor is my most streamed artist. It wasn’t hate. Try again. 

No sorry, I won't :vegas:

Your posts are so confusing though, never had said you are a fan :ladyhaha:

Retro Dance Freak
6 minutes ago, AYURO said:

No sorry, I won't :vegas:

Your posts are so confusing though, never had said you are a fan :ladyhaha:

I love Taylor… Didnt think I needed to post about her on here to justify a harmless joke. But nonetheless, thanks for sticking up for our mother Tay :ally:

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.

Damon

i totally get why kelis, freedia and the rest of the people she sampled are pissed

but i mean it's not like they are not going to be paid off every stream, they got credit for it anyways

... and now i just sit in silence.

HardlyaSaint
2 hours ago, Meat said:

You’re living for her team filled with white men disrespecting a legend like Kelis who has been stolen from her entire career? I guess it’s “support black women” but with terms and conditions applied.

:triggered:Ma’am, this is Applebee’s…

HardlyaSaint
21 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

I don't know where you got this information from, but I just went through the entire official list of producers credited on Renaissance, and of the 32 listed, 23 of them are black, and of those 23, 4 of them are women. Beyoncé is obviously listed as a producer on everything, so that makes 5 women. Here is the total list I broke down:

Black Producers

Al Cres
Bah
Beam
Boi-1da
Brittany “Chi” Coney (of Nova Wav) (woman)
Cadenza
Christopher “Tricky” Stewart
Denisia “Blu June” Andrews (of Nova Wav) (woman)
GuiltyBeatz
Hit-Boy
Honey Dijon (woman)
Jahaan Sweet
Kelman Duran
Leven Kali
Lil Ju
Neenyo
No I.D.
P2J
Raphael Saadiq
Sevn Thomas
Syd (woman)
Symbolyc One
The-Dream

White Producers

A.G. Cook
BloodPop
Chris Penny
Jameil Aossey
Jens Christian Isaken
Luke Solomon
Mike Dean
Rissi
Skrillex

If there are any errors on this list please correct it because I didn't know who most people were and looked everyone up. But I think it's very safe to say, your statement referring to Beyoncé's "team full of white men" is categorically false. 

:air:You’re better than me because I wouldn’t even have posted all of this I would have just recommended therapy. 

These changes will make the already pressed limited vinyl go up in value. Glad I bought 2. :ohwell:

Admin
47 minutes ago, Damon said:

i totally get why kelis, freedia and the rest of the people she sampled are pissed

What did Freedia say?

Taylucifer

good lord she is taking stuff out left right and centre

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Ziggy
1 hour ago, Damon said:

but i mean it's not like they are not going to be paid off every stream, they got credit for it anyways

Only Kelis is mad lol

ChavaWM
4 hours ago, LeJudas said:

Why is kelis always mad about something she just like Khia only relevant when they bring up drama or something for 40 years ago :vegas:

Kelis is relevant period. She's a pioneer in music. In fashion. You should do your research before spouting out nonsense. If you don't know or understand the cultural impact Kelis had for black women in music, you should just keep your opinions to yourself. 

RAMROD

Kelis should've directed that to Pharrell to begin with. It was messy all around. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived