Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyoncé removed interpolation of Kelis’ Milkshake from Energy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Meat

Kelis has clearly stated that she wrote and produced her music but Pharrell stole credits from her. You guys cry about Taylor not owning her masters and hail her as a feminist for fighting back to get her rights, but when someone like Kelis does the same thing, it’s “oh but she doesn’t even have credits”. That’s the whole point of the argument that Beyoncé should’ve had the common decency to just give her a call before using her song. She doesn’t have credits because men have stolen from her her entire life. And now it’s her fault for expecting the bare minimum from someone who is literally the face of feminism? 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teletubby
4 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Wait, what are those visuals from?

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

holy scheisse
4 minutes ago, Meat said:

You’re living for her team filled with white men disrespecting a legend like Kelis who has been stolen from her entire career? I guess it’s “support black women” but with terms and conditions applied.

Her team is filled with white men??  Genuine q?

LaFama
55 minutes ago, Benji said:

So Kelis went from getting royalties from what is no doubt going to be one of the most streamed albums this year to dust.  Way to fumble the bag :vegas:

Wasn't the whole point that she was never going to get anything anyway?

If I undsertood correctly, Pharrell/The Neptunes screwed her over with her first albums by not giving her credits (but P. got credits on songs he didn't even worked on), so she felt disrespected by Beyoncé/her team for not reaching out even if it was just for courtesy, and I mean I get this, they did reached out to Robin S who also has no credits, so you'd think B's team would avoid this kind of mess by doing the same with other artists. 

But at the end of the day Kelis real problem was/is with Pharrell and how he's been poking her over the years, and she made that clear in her videos.  

Its not a fedora u f*ck

jimmytimestep
1 hour ago, high culture said:

My vinyl coming in the mail today will be the original version soooo

me too bb! 

Ororo Munroe
13 minutes ago, Meat said:

You’re living for her team filled with white men disrespecting a legend like Kelis who has been stolen from her entire career? I guess it’s “support black women” but with terms and conditions applied.

what? :air: 

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Admin
14 minutes ago, Meat said:

You guys cry about Taylor not owning her masters and hail her as a feminist for fighting back to get her rights, but when someone like Kelis does the same thing, it’s “oh but she doesn’t even have credits”.

This is a flawed analogy because Taylor is fighting those who took the rights from her, not a fellow artist who has nothing to do with the drama. Taylor is not fighting Ariana Grande, or Justin Bieber, or Demi Lovato who all still work with Scooter Braun. I’m sure 99% of this forum (and anyone with common sense) would support Kelis in her fight against Pharrell.

Meat
17 minutes ago, Admin said:

This is a flawed analogy because Taylor is fighting those who took the rights from her, not a fellow artist who has nothing to do with the drama. Taylor is not fighting Ariana Grande, or Justin Bieber, or Demi Lovato who all still work with Scooter Braun. I’m sure 99% of this forum (and anyone with common sense) would support Kelis in her fight against Pharrell.

Half of the forum is saying it’s okay for Beyoncé to ignore Kelis because she doesn’t have official credits. They aren’t even interested in knowing why doesn’t she have those credits. It wouldn’t have taken even one minute for Beyoncé to just give her a call, woman to woman and ask for her blessing. It’s the double standards for me that’s it.

Chlorine Sevigny
36 minutes ago, Meat said:

Her what? 

Admin
2 minutes ago, Meat said:

Half of the forum is saying it’s okay for Beyoncé to ignore Kelis because she doesn’t have official credits. They aren’t even interested in knowing why doesn’t she have those credits. It wouldn’t have taken even one minute for Beyoncé to just give her a call, woman to woman and ask for her blessing. It’s the double standards for me that’s it.

Well yeah, it’s totally okay. It’s a 5-second interpolation that barely even sounds like “Milkshake”, and the fact that it was removed so easily proves how much of a non-issue it is. Speaking of double standards, why couldn’t Kelis call Beyonce, “woman to woman”, and explain the situation? Even if Beyonce is completely in the wrong here, surely she didn’t deserve to be called a thief (literally) on Instagram Live the day of release?

Meat
4 minutes ago, Admin said:

Speaking of double standards, why couldn’t Kelis call Beyonce, “woman to woman”, and explain the situation? Even if Beyonce is completely in the wrong here, surely she didn’t deserve to be called a thief (literally) on Instagram Live the day of release?

Why does she need to explain the situation when everyone in the music industry already knows about Pharrell stealing her credits. Beyoncé’s whole brand is being a feminist, and yet she chose to contact a man who has f*cked over Kelis’ entire career and not Kelis herself? Wow.

Meat
13 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

Her what? 

10 out of the 17 producers on Beyoncé’s last album were white men. Only one of those 17 producers (apart from herself) was a woman. I guess that’s enough for me to say that her team is filled with white men, isn’t it? 

River

Wasn’t it for Get Along With U?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Admin
10 minutes ago, Meat said:

Why does she need to explain the situation

Because “woman to woman” etc.?

10 minutes ago, Meat said:

Why does she need to explain the situation when everyone in the music industry already knows about Pharrell stealing her credits. Beyoncé’s whole brand is being a feminist, and yet she chose to contact a man who has f*cked over Kelis’ entire career and not Kelis herself? Wow.

“everyone in the music industry already knows”

What makes you think that? This wasn’t a major story at all.

Out of curiosity, when did you first hear about the Kelis/Pharrell situation?

Archived