💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyoncé removed interpolation of Kelis’ Milkshake from Energy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I knew that'd happen and I guess it's the right thing to do. Kelis is the artist and even if she doesn't have the writing credits, she said Pharrell/The Neptunes did it on purpose and used the song without telling her.

I'm sure something happened behind the scenes and there's a lot of people involved that take care of that (the legal/sampling stuff). I want to think Beyoncé had no idea of this mess because she sent Robin S. some flowers even if she's not the writer of Show Me Love but just wanted to show her respect.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Admin
Just now, Reginald said:

Hive I'm gonna need someone to send a link to the original song :bradley: 

Wait, this is the interpolation? I wasn’t following the drama and I thought it was way more significant. The “la la la”s don’t even sound like “Milkshake”?

djfreemymind
4 minutes ago, Admin said:

Wait, this is the interpolation? I wasn’t following the drama and I thought it was way more significant. The “la la la”s don’t even sound like “Milkshake”?

But it really does make a difference... Even if I couldn't even tell it was there in the first place (?) 👂 

Honestly, mad respect. Lol a boss move

Master, play me your symphony; I will answer to anything. Take me on a trip,

Retro Dance Freak

here before taylor makes her remove the mirrorball horse from the cover because it infringes on the folklore aesthetic :laughga:

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.

LeJudas

Why is kelis always mad about something she just like Khia only relevant when they bring up drama or something for 40 years ago :vegas:

alsemanche

It's still there for me :partysick:

Same with the changed lyrics on Heated, they're still there for me

Soft, soothing, and succulent

dollardays
24 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

the album will literally have no beats, lyrics and instrumentals by the end of this month. :bradley: 

Renaissance (Spoken Word version), Bey always so revolutionary :diane:

Teletubby
4 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

Why is kelis always mad about something she just like Khia only relevant when they bring up drama or something for 40 years ago :vegas:

i don't think she wasn't mad at Beyonce she listened to BMS yesterday,
she probably didn't want Pharrell/The Neptunes to profit from her work

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Benji

So Kelis went from getting royalties from what is no doubt going to be one of the most streamed albums this year to dust.  Way to fumble the bag :vegas:

hieronymus
23 minutes ago, Charmz said:

Because Bey and her team didn’t ask Kelis permission to use the sample. 

She may have LEGALLY used the sample, but didn’t extend the courtesy of asking Kelis.

She didn't even use Kelis' vocals or the song Kelis thought she used when she made those videos.

16 minutes ago, Admin said:

That's because they're not sampled. Interpolation is a recreation, like the ma ma ma Ma from Poker Face being recreated from Ma Baker by Boney M. A sample would be the usage of It's My House by Diana Ross on Replay.

But yeah, the usage was miniscule.

27 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

the album will literally have no beats, lyrics and instrumentals by the end of this month. :bradley: 

It's not the fact that there was an unchecked sample/interpolation, or even a sample, period. It's probably the fact that Kelis made a big stink about it with false information so B's team got petty.

Admin
27 minutes ago, Hold My Ham said:

That's because they're not sampled. Interpolation is a recreation, like the ma ma ma Ma from Poker Face being recreated from Ma Baker by Boney M. A sample would be the usage of It's My House by Diana Ross on Replay.

But yeah, the usage was miniscule.

Yup, that’s why I said interpolation. But my point is… those “la la la”s don’t sound enough like the “la la la”s from “Milkshake” to even qualify as an interpolation, let alone a sample.

They probably credited “Milkshake” just to be safe and ironically it probably would’ve been better if they didn’t credit anyone at all.

COOOK
1 hour ago, Reginald said:

Hive I'm gonna need someone to send a link to the original song :bradley: 

Wait, what are those visuals from?

Meat
1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

right? i'm living for Bey and her team so much. :air:

You’re living for her team filled with white men disrespecting a legend like Kelis who has been stolen from her entire career? I guess it’s “support black women” but with terms and conditions applied.

Archived