Jump to content

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyoncé removed interpolation of Kelis’ Milkshake from Energy


Featured Posts

alecks
50 minutes ago, LaFama said:

they did reached out to Robin S who also has no credits

Robin said she didn’t know anything about Break My Soul until it was released and she recognized the beat 

I still personally think that particular sample is not that close to Robin’s song at all, but sounds like B’s team at least reached out to the original producers of Show me Love to clear it just in case

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Meat

    9

  • Admin

    9

  • salty like sodium

    5

  • Teletubby

    4

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the album will literally have no beats, lyrics and instrumentals by the end of this month.  

Soon Sia will have company

Love that lol she’s like I’m not gonna comment I’m just gonna get rid of ha

Meat
1 minute ago, Admin said:

Out of curiosity, when did you first hear about the Kelis/Pharrell situation?

Ever since I’ve been a Kelis stan? Everyone in the hip hop community is very well aware of her feud with those men. It’s not an overnight revelation, it has been going on for years. To put things in perspective, if Gaga had sampled Madonna without even asking her first and Madonna got mad, would you still say “Why didn’t Madonna call Gaga instead?” :oprah:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Admin
Just now, alecks said:

I still personally think that particular sample is not that close to Robin’s song at all, but sounds like B’s team at least reached out to the original producers of Show me Love to clear it just in case

You are right, “Break My Soul” doesn’t technically sample the Robin S song, it’s just a similar beat, just like “Sour Candy” technically doesn’t sample anything. They probably credited them anyway out of courtesy/to be safe. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
alsemanche
15 minutes ago, Meat said:

10 out of the 17 producers on Beyoncé’s last album were white men. Only one of those 17 producers (apart from herself) was a woman. I guess that’s enough for me to say that her team is filled with white men, isn’t it? 

It's getting hella weird :bear:

Soft, soothing, and succulent // FOSSORA IS HERE
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Admin
4 minutes ago, Meat said:

Ever since I’ve been a Kelis stan? Everyone in the hip hop community is very well aware of her feud with those men. It’s not an overnight revelation, it has been going on for years.

Ah okay, it could be because you’re a fan. 

4 minutes ago, Meat said:

To put things in perspective, if Gaga had sampled Madonna without even asking her first and Madonna got mad, would you still say “Why didn’t Madonna call Gaga instead?” :oprah:

That’s exactly what I would say, that’s my point. Even if Beyonce (or in your example Gaga) were 100% in the wrong (which she isn’t), you still can at least try to handle it privately before going on Instagram and calling her a thief in front of millions of people.

Out of curiosity, do you think Gaga called Diana Ross before sampling her song (which she doesn’t have a writing credit on either) on “Replay”?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Meat
4 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

It's getting hella weird :bear:

It is hella weird indeed how you are disrespecting a literal legend for speaking up for her rights while fighting tooth and nail in another thread to defend nepotism just because that concerns your fave :bear:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Meat
3 minutes ago, Admin said:

Ah okay. I haven’t heard anything about this feud at all.

That’s exactly what I would say, that’s my point. Even if Beyonce (or in your example Gaga) were 100% in the wrong (which she isn’t), you still can at least try to handle it privately before going on Instagram and calling her a thief in front of millions of people.

Out of curiosity, do you think Gaga called Diana Ross before sampling her song (which she doesn’t have a writing credit on either) on “Replay”?

I’m sure Bloodpop or Gaga’s team called Diana Ross’s estate and asked for their blessing before using the sample. Yes. Even though it’s not even close to being similar to this case, considering Diana never claimed to have written or produced the track.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
alsemanche
1 minute ago, Meat said:

It is hella weird indeed how you are disrespecting a literal legend for speaking up for her rights while fighting tooth and nail in another thread to defend nepotism just because that concerns your fave :bear:

"Fighting tooth and nail" aka writing 1 or 2 replies then never visiting the thread again because I couldn't give a sh*t? :ladyhaha: you're the one fighting tooth and nail and using random facts about gender and race that have nothing to do with the topic at hand to try and drag someone. What a joke pls

Soft, soothing, and succulent // FOSSORA IS HERE
Link to post
Share on other sites
Meat
Just now, alsemanche said:

"Fighting tooth and nail" aka writing 1 or 2 replies then never visiting the thread again because I couldn't give a sh*t? :ladyhaha: you're the one fighting tooth and nail and using random facts about gender and race that have nothing to do with the topic at hand to try and drag someone. What a joke pls

I’m not using random facts. I’m just pointing y’alls hypocrisy when it comes to supporting smaller artists just because you don’t know about their situation. And you literally wrote a whole dissertation defending nepotism in that other thread, don’t back out now :ladyhaha:

Link to post
Share on other sites
alsemanche
1 minute ago, Meat said:

I’m not using random facts. I’m just pointing y’alls hypocrisy when it comes to supporting smaller artists just because you don’t know about their situation. And you literally wrote a whole dissertation defending nepotism in that other thread, don’t back out now :ladyhaha:

Ma'am, you're literally saying random sh*t just to make Beyonce look bad.

And if you call a few lines a dissertation then idk what to tell you, good luck with reading actual dissertations i guess. i'm out. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent // FOSSORA IS HERE
Link to post
Share on other sites
AYURO
2 hours ago, Retro Dance Freak said:

here before taylor makes her remove the mirrorball horse from the cover because it infringes on the folklore aesthetic :laughga:

Oh woah, a cheap and gratuitous Taylor joke. Have a good sleep tonight, you deserve it :ladyhaha:

Link to post
Share on other sites
AYURO
14 minutes ago, Meat said:

I’m not using random facts. I’m just pointing y’alls hypocrisy when it comes to supporting smaller artists just because you don’t know about their situation. And you literally wrote a whole dissertation defending nepotism in that other thread, don’t back out now :ladyhaha:

Another random and gatuitous post to make Beyonce look bad. Guys, you beed to work harder or you will end up looking like pathetic :kiss:

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke78619

This thread turned kinda nasty :green: 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
tmo13

the gag is that the article the OP isnt real lmfaooooo

she's only changing the word from Heated apparently, nothing about changing an instrumental

I think a stan did this so they'd get the song more streams:lmao:

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • LMAO 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
sillynate
1 hour ago, Admin said:

Yup, that’s why I said interpolation. But my point is… those “la la la”s don’t sound enough like the “la la la”s from “Milkshake” to even qualify as an interpolation, let alone a sample.

They probably credited “Milkshake” just to be safe and ironically it probably would’ve been better if they didn’t credit anyone at all.

I feel like with this album she was adding samples and interpolations just for the heck of it. Break My Soul uses the same preset as the Robin song, but not the same melodies. So she didn’t really have to credit Robin but she did anyway. 

And the last song… I think it can stand on its own if you take away the Donna summer stuff 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...