Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So how come Gaga NEVER collaborated with….

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

CoolTrainerTerry
3 minutes ago, Omegahedron said:

What's all this about Robin Thicke?????

THANK YOU! I read that and IMMEDIATELY was like, wtf did I miss???

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ILLUSIONISTIC
50 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

….nicki-minaj-attends-the-2017-mtv-video-m

Especially since BEFORE she became so problematic, EVERYONE and they mama and they cousin and they half-brother was collaborating with her at one point!???  🤔🤔🤔 

I mean it’s not like Gaga hasn’t done "QUESTIONABLE" collabs before.. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Also (playing Devil’s Advocate here), is Nicki really anymore PROBLEMATIC than any other rapper(most) out there?  Or is she just singled out because she is a FEMALE-rapper??  🤔

nicki lost her collab opportynity the day she said on camera in 2011 "when you see gaga you see madonna"

EdgeofTeeth

While I would actually love this (:rip:) it's pretty clear that Gaga has never really liked Nicki, and for good reason.

27monster27
9 minutes ago, CoolTrainerTerry said:

THANK YOU! I read that and IMMEDIATELY was like, wtf did I miss???

@Omegahedron

Documents in May 2020 leaked that revealed that there was a point where Robin Thicke was supposed to feature on Sexxx Dreams.

he/him/his

RudraCNG

Bc Gaga is not Nicki, she doesn't need to collab with every single human being in the world. Also, at that time Nicki wanted so desperately to be Gaga it's only natural that she didn't want to be associated with her so much.

DoremonLove

Thank to good God gaga never did. Cant stand tht hateful woman nicki at all. Gaga shuld stay away from tht negative lady.

How can anoyone not love gaga

Borisapillar

I get the sense that these two women don’t actually like each other all that much. There’s been subtle shade there.

En_Sabah_Nur
6 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

I get the sense that these two women don’t actually like each other all that much. There’s been subtle shade there.

That’s what I have noticed too over the years as well… 💁🏾‍♂️

Egypt. W

En_Sabah_Nur
31 minutes ago, ILLUSIONISTIC said:

nicki lost her collab opportynity the day she said on camera in 2011 "when you see gaga you see madonna"

…and when you see Nicki, you see Lil’Kim!  So she had a lot of nerve to ironically say that - Smh 😒

Egypt. W

StrawberryBlond

Gaga has never been the type of artist who collabs with someone just because they're hot right now. Think of all the big hitters who have made a name for themselves since Gaga debuted in 2008. The only artists who she's collabed with who made their debut after her were Florence, Ariana and Blackpink. You'll notice she prefers to collab with older artists who have been around a long time because she realises they must be doing something right to stick around. And she certainly won't do the whole "rent a rapper" thing like so many popstars have done, it just isn't her style. If you're not on the original, she won't tack you onto a remix for clout. Remember when Katy was doing rent a rapper features during her Teenage Dream era? She got a lot of flak for that so I'm glad Gaga didn't go down that route, it just looks like you want a #1 so bad. Gaga's said that as a soloist, you should stand on your own two feet for the most part, which is why she rarely collabs anyway. Also, a lot of Gaga's music just doesn't lend itself to rap features. She made Jewels n Drugs specifically so that she could do a track that works with hip hop/rap and RnB to do the R Kelly feature. But I just can't imagine a rap on any of her other songs, they're not made to incorporate features apart from the super generic top 40 nature of Starstrukk (I think her label wanted Flo Rida on that just because he was popular at the time). Above all else, maybe Gaga just doesn't like Nicki's music? Not all artists like music by all other artists, just like the rest of us. Nicki was heavily copying her style in the beginning as well and Gaga maybe was a bit put out by that too.

1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

We wouldn't have known Robin Thicke was on Sex Dreams if it weren't for the leaked ARTPOP documents from 2 years ago.

Completely forgot about that! Now that definitely reeks of label interference as no one was interested in Robin Thicke collabs before Blurred Lines. Her label really was trying to make her do stuff she wasn't comfortable with in that era. ARTPOP would've been her most collab-heavy album at the time if that had happened. There was a push to make the album more mainstream for sure and they maybe thought that what with the more old school artists featured on it that she needed someone really current to hopefully push it as a single. Thank God that one never happened (on Sexxx Dreams of all things! :sick:). Now that's a collab that would've aged terribly for multiple reasons!

Rahrahbitchson
33 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

I think this is a obvious thing, people who cant notice this are delusional and cant read through lines. 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Anderson123
11 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Completely forgot about that! Now that definitely reeks of label interference as no one was interested in Robin Thicke collabs before Blurred Lines. Her label really was trying to make her do stuff she wasn't comfortable with in that era. ARTPOP would've been her most collab-heavy album at the time if that had happened. There was a push to make the album more mainstream for sure and they maybe thought that what with the more old school artists featured on it that she needed someone really current to hopefully push it as a single. Thank God that one never happened (on Sexxx Dreams of all things! :sick:). Now that's a collab that would've aged terribly for multiple reasons!

Imagine an ARTPOP early version with Robin Thicke, R. Kelly, T.I., Azealia Banks and Terry Richardson. :partysick:

I think it's because Nicki Minaj collabs started to be a trend around the early-mid 2010's and Gaga did her own thing, her own style of music and producers. It's only now she's just started to work with more popular people like Max Martin, Ryan Tedder etc.

She certainly wouldn't now though, for obvious reasons.

CoolTrainerTerry
1 hour ago, 27monster27 said:

@Omegahedron

Documents in May 2020 leaked that revealed that there was a point where Robin Thicke was supposed to feature on Sexxx Dreams.

Oh my gosh, I actually remember reading that now. I think I tried to block that out. :saladga:

Archived