Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

TCB Final Interlude Meaning (Spoilers)

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

So, what do we think the meaning is behind Gaga's original, self-written sonnet for the finale of the ball?

Who studies honesty with wilder gaze while through its oddity must wings take flight

Through alchemy the artist’s mind a maze a labyrinth of souls make joy and plight

Admired by all faithful to their craft my gasp is quick imagining we’re free

So like the way all children learn to laugh so effortlessly I have love for thee

If fantasy could surely make a friend the palette of your dreams would draw them mad

Beyond the universe you know no end while some still search for colour never had

This life is only art on life support, and nature is a knight no king or court

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 13

HeavyMetal Halcyon

It’s a poem about the life and responsibility of being an artist, and the burden that comes with it. 

Having to create very personal works of art but package them in a digestible way for the general public to admire and criticize. 

I think the last part is a reference to the 14th-century green knight. Scholars believe he is green to represent nature. Nature is the ultimate judge of art. Death is the ruler of our lives. No one can rule death, it has no king, and death does not discriminate, it doesn’t need a court to rule who dies, we all do. When we pass away, we leave behind our art.

Edited by HeavyMetal Halcyon
  • Like 10
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 7

PSYCHOSHTICK

I think the whole piece, like the whole tour, is about mental health and its stability. The ‘nature’ she talks about here, I think, is mental health, which is part of human nature. It is a knight, it has to battle (battle for your life) for peace of mind. It is not able to just sit and relax, but also to not overrule the human being - like a king or court.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

CaliforniaDreamin
37 minutes ago, OMonster said:

So, what do we think the meaning is behind Gaga's original, self-written sonnet for the finale of the ball?

Who studies honesty with wilder gaze while through its oddity must wings take flight

Through alchemy the artist’s mind a maze a labyrinth of souls make joy and plight

Admired by all faithful to their craft my gasp is quick imagining we’re free

So like the way all children learn to laugh so effortlessly I have love for thee

If fantasy could surely make a friend the palette of your dreams would draw them mad

Beyond the universe you know no end while some still search for colour never had

This life is only art on life support, and nature is a knight no king or court

It’s pretty straight forward with fluff 

I’ll sum it into 3 parts 

first is love for her artistry and craft that she knows the faithful fans will love her for her artistry. Creativity. And passion, when she releases art she’s happy for the ones that are happy as well.   

seccond is indearment or however you spell that, for the people who crave more, and come up with things that were maybe a figment of our imaginations to something that never existed 

third.  More of a serious tone of going beyond that seccond level.   She’s the queen as she only mentions king and court, that there’s nothing present in anyone else’s wishes.  Beliefs.  Ideas.  Or creativity.  

in my mind this is her way of honestly saying thank you for embracing her past, but you won’t receive what you want, I’m the boss. 

the color never had to me means that ARTPOP really wasn’t as drawn out and planned as we or I might think and that there was never any light past what we really received 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

TwistedTeeth

Does anyone else get the same vibes as her Monster Ball interlude Manifesto of Little Monsters? Aside from the film being B&W, she also mentions things similar to the Manifesto. Adoring fans, being the vessel for her art. The line "No king or court" being similar to the line from Manifesto "Like Kings writing the history of their people," they both seem incredibly similar.

It's very insightful and inspiring, however:

what-does-it-mean-what-does-it-all-mean.

Ranked FFXIV's Worst Player with the Best Pecs!
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Obobo

I think it’s about how art = life. Life from a scientific perspective is simple and straight forward; yet we’re all artists in a way. We look at life through “wilder gaze”. Aka we define “life” through art; like romanticizing sunsets, quiet nights, creating love, music, etc. 

Some go further and create art beyond our world and make fantasies. Art is an escape and only exists when an artist gives it “life support”… 

The last last line is how Gaga matured on her philosophy of art, art at first is a way to escape but now art is a way to face your reality, it should help us face nature. It can be an honest look at yourself (Brutality theme). She mentioned in an interview the only thing above art, is nature, it’s a force we can’t control. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

NATAH

this is such a fantastic interlude :giveup:

a prime example of simplicity executed perfectly :giveup:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
KindnessPunk

Just saw the show in Jersey and OMG this is my favorite interlude of the night by far! I wish she made merch with this poem (is it a poem?)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

tyler k

Sonnets (typically) are 14 lines long, written in iambic pentameter and have an ABAB rhyme scheme with a ending couplet. I just did the scansion and there is in fact 10 beats per line!! 

The poem written out would look like this:

Who studies honesty with wilder gaze

While through its oddity must wings take flight

Through alchemy the artist’s mind a maze

A labyrinth of souls make joy and plight

Admired by all faithful to their craft

My gasp is quick imagining we’re free

So like the way all children learn to laugh

So effortlessly I have love for thee

If fantasy could surely make a friend

The palette of your dreams would draw them mad

Beyond the universe you know no end

While some still search for color never had

This life is only art on life support

and nature is a knight no king or court

now as far as what she's saying, I think it could be about how she is the artist for us to create these worlds for us and her imagination to create said worlds is endless. Art is only possible through life, and nature helps create that world? This is quite a dense poem, but it's beautifully written. I love ArtisticGa so much 

wow after doing the scansion and feeling the beats of the text, this is SOOOO impressively written, I need her to do some Shakespeare now because even the way she performs it for the interlude is soooo spicy and interesting. As an actor & writer my love for her has (somehow) deepened even more after breaking this down.

Edited by tmo13
mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Love 16

PopEmergency

"If fantasy could surely make a friend the palette of your dreams would draw them mad"

come on hauslabs promo :firega:

Palette Of Your Dreams, coming soon(ish)

Edited by PopEmergency
  • LMAO 2

monstrosity

If she actually wrote this my god I have no words

like put it in a song with a weird production as LG7 opening track please

• Like 2