💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Diane Warren curious how can there be 24 writers on a song

Teletubby

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas
16 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

Samples and multiple writers. It’s not that hard but Diane’s old ass wanted to get cute I guess.

How do you get nominated 15 times for a Grammy and only win once? Let’s talk about THAT, Diane. 

You're feeling flamebaity today aren't you :ladyhaha:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Admin
1 hour ago, LadyxGaGa said:

idk billie and finneas stick to just having each other so the sampling thing doesn’t make sense 

That’s because they don’t sample. 

JLoveLamar

Diane Warren tweeted,  "Ok, I meant no disrespect to 

@Beyonce

, who I've worked with and admire. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding"

Chlorine Sevigny
2 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

You're feeling flamebaity today aren't you :ladyhaha:

:ph34r:

I was in a mood. :sleep:

Ziggy
4 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Fair point but Warren was talking about a song that has only around a third of its songwriters coming from samples on the 20+ credited.

If it was mainly due to samples it would be up to that indeed but here I guess her point about the track having a lot of writers still stands.

PS: I don't think it's bad to have large camps. 😆

Mhmm! I bring that up purely because Beyoncé did more sampling than ever for Renaissance and those samples are made of samples lmao

but yeah I see no issue with writing camps as, again, it’s VERY clear it is Beyoncé’s vision directing this through and through and what’s more is that there’s really nothing wrong with collaborative music if everyone is credited (which they are); that’s just an artistic process and it evidently works VERY well. Plus tbh with Renaissance I see it as an act of respect towards the underground music she pulls from. To not assume that “Omg I know how to write these ballroom verses” but say lemme tap someone more from the scene or sample. It’s respectful imo

Ziggy
12 hours ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

I felt the opposite, I felt like Chromatica has the best lyrics she's ever written. Ugh I hate how Chromatica is always brought up:messga:

Yeah Chromatica is a good example of why a camp is good sometimes :laughga: because I noticed the quality begin to falter at BTW lyrically. Still mostly top tier pop songwriting but you could see a few cringe flickers that tbh only grew over time without more checking.

Gaga CAN write a song, but I don’t see it as bad to have someone review your stuff and add ideas and/or collaborate ground up. Chromatica is not my favorite Gaga record by any means, but it does have some of her better lyricism in the last few years imo

With Renaissance, idk it’s like we know BeyoncĂ© is musically gifted af. Just listen to how she forms harmonies which is her primary strength. They’re incredibly affective. But she knows what takes her time also and why d!ck around just for pride’s sake if you know the product will be worse?

Bjork had a similar feeling after Vespertine. Virtuosic artist who could do everything herself as she basically did on that album but has herself said it takes her so long that she prefers working with others to bring it to life/enjoys collaboration. Every album since has been less from her on production and basically her directing how she wants things to sound or creating a rudimentary beat and directing from there. People’s processes are different. If the sh!t’s good idc what it is lmao

dopega
20 hours ago, Admin said:

Looks like we’re both wrong, Rain On Me was written by 11 people, per BMI:

Screenshot-2022-08-01-at-20-18-05.png 

still 8 if you don't count Burden Wright and Lynn as they're credited for the bassline sample

Admin
2 minutes ago, dopega said:

still 8 if you don't count Burden Wright and Lynn as they're credited for the bassline sample

Well yeah, that’s what the thread is about. The song Diane Warren is referring to wouldn’t have 24 writers either if you don’t count the people credited for samples.

dopega
Just now, Admin said:

Well yeah, that’s what the thread is about. The song Diane Warren is referring to wouldn’t have 24 writers either if you don’t count the people credited for samples.

I know I was just pointing it out :unicorn:

LadyxGaGa
4 hours ago, Admin said:

That’s because they don’t sample. 

that’s what i mean tho like it’s easy not to sample and make great music so why do others feel the need to all the time. uwu

Hyoha

She's just bitter because there are 24 writers in one of Beyoncé's songs and she wasn't asked to be the 25th.

Sepsami

So performing = dancing now? I'm not here for Gaga's performance art erasure, as LM you guys should know better :madge:

Sepsami
8 hours ago, Admin said:

It has 11.

Screenshot-2022-08-01-at-20-18-05.png

Not me looking for "Gaga Lady" when I saw "Grande Ariana" :mark:

gaga4lifer
On 8/1/2022 at 6:15 PM, River said:

I wrote "oh baby" :ally:

reminder that if bradley did that he could have an oscar today :neyde:

Ora et labora, Deus adest sine mora

Future Lovers
23 hours ago, LadyxGaGa said:

idk billie and finneas stick to just having each other so the sampling thing doesn’t make sense 

Renaissance is a house album inspired by ball culture. Both are rooted in black culture. Those styles, like rap, were founded using sampling because the artists in the culture had no other choice as they couldn’t secure producers or even actual record deals. So they sampled existing works to build off of. Over the decades, sampling has become synonymous with house, ball, and rap culture and this has spilled over into pop music as well. 

Billie and Finneas don’t sample (often anyway, it’s possible they have once or twice), but almost everyone, including Gaga (dozens of times as a matter of fact), has at least once, often more. 

Archived